+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 10-0!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 10-0!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    It's called loyalty.
    Blind loyalty.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

It's called loyalty.
    And you cant buy it at Walmart!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I understand some of the younger guys being fans, but for the life of me I can't figure out how some of you old enough to recall the first almost 20 years of Saints football held on. Why? They never gave you one single thing to deserve your fandom.
    It never once crosses my mind, to abandon them.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Blind loyalty.
    No, just loyalty. You don't change teams just because they don't win. Those that do are called...as we all know...BANDWAGONNERS.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

No, just loyalty. You don't change teams just because they don't win. Those that do are called...as we all know...BANDWAGONNERS.
    You'd only be a band wagon fan if you started pulling for another pro team. If a person was a Saints fan for the first 20 years I could understand them finally giving up on the entire sport. Does your loyalty go back to the mid 60's? If so, what exactly kept you loyal all those years. Seriously, what attracted you to them?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

My family lived next door to Archie Manning's grandfather in Brookhaven, MS when I was 4 and 5. I do remember that is was a "big deal" when he came to visit. A year later he was signing autographs at the grand opening of Wal Mart in Bastrop, and I was a Saints fan since that day (along with the Steelers for the decade of the 70's and early 80's for obvious reasons).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I understand some of the younger guys being fans, but for the life of me I can't figure out how some of you old enough to recall the first almost 20 years of Saints football held on. Why? They never gave you one single thing to deserve your fandom.
    It called being a true fan and not a bandwagon type. Nothing more and nothing less. i have known no other way to be or act towards a sports team of my own choosing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You're either a fan, or you're not.

Bandwaggoners are not fans of whatever team they most recently adopted. They are only fans of thinking if they associate themselves with a winner, it will somehow rub off on them. It won't. Such shallow people are losers. Always have been, always will be.

When you're a Saints' fan, during the lean years (which is most years), or like this year in Tech football, there's not much you can say. Doesn't mean you have stopped being a fan. Just that you quietly suffer.

I can't see how anyone can be any way else! You asked how can we old fans could have hung on for the first 20 years. There was NEVER a question that I wouldn't. The thought of stopping being a Saints fan....that's NOT possible! Can't relate to changing loyalties like that. If anyone can, they were never a fan in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You're either a fan, or you're not.

Bandwaggoners are not fans of whatever team they most recently adopted. They are only fans of thinking if they associate themselves with a winner, it will somehow rub off on them. It won't. Such shallow people are losers. Always have been, always will be.

When you're a Saints' fan, during the lean years (which is most years), or like this year in Tech football, there's not much you can say. Doesn't mean you have stopped being a fan. Just that you quietly suffer.

I can't see how anyone can be any way else! You asked how can we old fans could have hung on for the first 20 years. There was NEVER a question that I wouldn't. The thought of stopping being a Saints fan....that's NOT possible! Can't relate to changing loyalties like that. If anyone can, they were never a fan in the first place.
    Good explanation.

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    My mom's been a fan since their inception. Even through the "Aints" years she was hooting and hollering every Sunday. Last year for Christmas I got her the "FAITH" Saints t-shirt. If anyone has been their biggest fan, it's her!

As for me, I always teased my mom about watching them but still rooted for them. Thanks to mom, I've been conditioned to be another Saints fan who's there through thick and thin! Thank god for NFL Sunday Ticket, or else I'd be stuck watching the stupid Panthers every Sunday!

Who dat!

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Us long time or lifetime fans deserve this year and Im proud of it 10-0!!!!

WHO DAT

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

You'd only be a band wagon fan if you started pulling for another pro team. If a person was a Saints fan for the first 20 years I could understand them finally giving up on the entire sport. Does your loyalty go back to the mid 60's? If so, what exactly kept you loyal all those years. Seriously, what attracted you to them?
    We always watched the Saints while I was growing up. We went to Saints games. My grandmother on my father's side LOVED the Saints. They were her boys. She loved Tom Dempsey and Archie Manning. We loved calling Kenny Stabler "The Snake." And yes, my loyalty goes back to the 60's. Our whole family has always been Saints fans. I will admit to having a crush on Bob Griese during the whole Dolphins thing, but I was a child! I thought he was the cutest and best QB ever, but Miami was never "my" team. It has always been the Saints for me and for our family. We never quit, we never give up, we never stop believing, we never stop hoping for a winning season and for playoff berths and a trip to the SuperBowl. We watch every Sunday. We plan our Sundays around Saints games. We wear our jerseys and we holler WHO DAT! And if you do that and you hang on for 40 something years, then one day you will be rewarded. And now we are being rewarded!

I think being a Saints fan my whole life is what made me such a good Tech fan. I know what it's like to wait and keep believing! The difference is that I can make a difference with helping our Bulldogs succeed by participating and giving and loving them and showing up. The only thing I can do for the Saints is keep loving them, keeping believing in them and show up when I can afford it! The Saints ARE Louisiana and they do something no other football team in the state has done - they bring North and South Louisiana together in a common love.

Here's another thing. Your football team is like being married - it's for better or worse, richer or poorer and in injury and in health - it's till death do us part. And that is how I feel about the Saints and that is how I feel about Louisiana Tech.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We always watched the Saints while I was growing up. We went to Saints games. My grandmother on my father's side LOVED the Saints. They were her boys. She loved Tom Dempsey and Archie Manning. We loved calling Kenny Stabler "The Snake." And yes, my loyalty goes back to the 60's. Our whole family has always been Saints fans. I will admit to having a crush on Bob Griese during the whole Dolphins thing, but I was a child! I thought he was the cutest and best QB ever, but Miami was never "my" team. It has always been the Saints for me and for our family. We never quit, we never give up, we never stop believing, we never stop hoping for a winning season and for playoff berths and a trip to the SuperBowl. We watch every Sunday. We plan our Sundays around Saints games. We wear our jerseys and we holler WHO DAT! And if you do that and you hang on for 40 something years, then one day you will be rewarded. And now we are being rewarded!

I think being a Saints fan my whole life is what made me such a good Tech fan. I know what it's like to wait and keep believing! The difference is that I can make a difference with helping our Bulldogs succeed by participating and giving and loving them and showing up. The only thing I can do for the Saints is keep loving them, keeping believing in them and show up when I can afford it! The Saints ARE Louisiana and they do something no other football team in the state has done - they bring North and South Louisiana together in a common love.

Here's another thing. Your football team is like being married - it's for better or worse, richer or poorer and in injury and in health - it's till death do us part. And that is how I feel about the Saints and that is how I feel about Louisiana Tech.
    And that's a wrap folks! Tony that sums up every true Saints fan, and Tech fan, to a tee. Excellent! Thanks!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!

I'm really happy for all of you gluttons for punishment.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    My mom's been a fan since their inception. Even through the "Aints" years she was hooting and hollering every Sunday. Last year for Christmas I got her the "FAITH" Saints t-shirt. If anyone has been their biggest fan, it's her!

As for me, I always teased my mom about watching them but still rooted for them. Thanks to mom, I've been conditioned to be another Saints fan who's there through thick and thin! Thank god for NFL Sunday Ticket, or else I'd be stuck watching the stupid Panthers every Sunday!

Who dat!
    Love me some Sunday Ticket!!

+ Reply to Thread