+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/29: @UNT Game

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Why? It should not be. We should be getting better EVERY year, not this BS rebuilding crap many of our fans accept.

Our common denominator has been consistent and our leadership is happy with him for doing that.

I don't see our fan base growing from the mediocrity. Why? I think it is a combination of things, but setting the bar the same every year like winning the mythical C-USA west is not exciting to lsu fans who gradated from Tech. We need to seek to be the Central Florida or Boise State of the G5. We need those fans and we need to seek them out.
    PD, this is the most talented team I've ever seen at Tech (as far as depth is concerned). This team looked like LSU from a physical standpoint the other night and pretty much went toe to toe with them. Tech has never been outstanding at the highest level. Keep hoping though... nothing wrong with hoping (but take some time to enjoy it too... life is short). UNT is also very good this year. They are allowed to be good too.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecolonyeagle View Post
    We do have some seniors on defense (six I believe?) We will be rebuilding the D a bit. Our returners will be back. the punter is young. Our kicker is a grad transfer and only here for one year
    We have a punter commit that is a stud that is a senior in high school right now for next year...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy BreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the rough BreadDawg's Avatar

The real problem no one is talking about is who will be able to watch this game? It is on Bein Sports, which Directv dropped a couple of weeks ago. Possibly the most important game of the year and no one will able to see it! Is it on Suddenlink or Dish?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

1. Stop fawning over North Texas. Their record is indicative of their cream puff schedule this year. We would be 4-0 with that schedule. Arkansas is playing some really bad football. They are down to 100 on the Sagarin ratings. Incarnate Word(208), Liberty(156), and SMU(104) aren't exactly a murders row.

2. We are the highest ranked team they will face all year. Wish this game was at home, or after a UTEP/Rice game. The quick turn around from Saturday's loss will be difficult. They had a scrimmage with Liberty while we played the number 6 team in the country.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BreadDawg View Post
    The real problem no one is talking about is who will be able to watch this game? It is on Bein Sports, which Directv dropped a couple of weeks ago. Possibly the most important game of the year and no one will able to see it! Is it on Suddenlink or Dish?
    I thought I posted an almost exact post on the "How to Watch" but can't find it. Looks like we will have to take the one week free trial and then cancel. I am keeping my ESPN+ because we have two more games left there.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I thought I posted an almost exact post on the "How to Watch" but can't find it. Looks like we will have to take the one week free trial and then cancel. I am keeping my ESPN+ because we have two more games left there.
    It is on ESPN +?

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    It is on ESPN +?
    No.

Puppy thecolonyeagle is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    1. Stop fawning over North Texas. Their record is indicative of their cream puff schedule this year. We would be 4-0 with that schedule. Arkansas is playing some really bad football. They are down to 100 on the Sagarin ratings. Incarnate Word(208), Liberty(156), and SMU(104) aren't exactly a murders row.

2. We are the highest ranked team they will face all year. Wish this game was at home, or after a UTEP/Rice game. The quick turn around from Saturday's loss will be difficult. They had a scrimmage with Liberty while we played the number 6 team in the country.
    Since we're using Sagarin: You guys beat S Alabama (137) 30-26 and Southern (209....right below UIW) 54-17. You did play LSU (13) and made a game after they got up 24-0....but they seemed to adjust.

Oh and since we're using Sagarin: UNT #50 La Tech: 84

But.....I get your point. Quit fawning over UNT....we suck. We should've beaten that weak schedule much worse than 195-63 (saw a stat that starter vs. starter in basically 3 qtrs of every game is 175-26) But again....we haven't played anyone like Southern and South Alabama so you have a point.

I hope you put in the back ups in the 3rd quarter and don't run the score up on us....we'll need to pick up the pieces after you stomp us.

I'm just honored to have La Tech coming to our stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    1. Stop fawning over North Texas. Their record is indicative of their cream puff schedule this year. We would be 4-0 with that schedule. Arkansas is playing some really bad football. They are down to 100 on the Sagarin ratings. Incarnate Word(208), Liberty(156), and SMU(104) aren't exactly a murders row. <br>
    <br>
    Since we're using Sagarin: You guys beat S Alabama (137) 30-26 and Southern (209....right below UIW) 54-17. You did play LSU (13) and made a game after they got up 24-0....but they seemed to adjust.

But.....I get your point. Quit fawning over UNT....we suck. We should've beaten that weak schedule much worse than 195-63 (saw a stat that starter vs. starter in basically 3 qtrs of every game is 175-26) But again....we haven't played anyone like Southern and South Alabama so you have a point.

I hope you put in the back ups in the 3rd quarter and don't run the score up on us....we'll need to pick up the pieces after you stomp us.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

You sound like a fun guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    You sound like a fun guy.
    I'm fun but only because everyone I hang out with is terrible at being fun

So my fun has no credibility.

It's why I'm on this board....to see what real fun it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Welcome UNT fan. We've had a dearth of opposition posters this year. If I were UNT, I'd feel good about this game, but I'd be a little nervous. What's your nerve factor for this one?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy meangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her gamemeangreennews is on top of his/her game

Unt Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Welcome UNT fan. We've had a dearth of opposition posters this year. If I were UNT, I'd feel good about this game, but I'd be a little nervous. What's your nerve factor for this one?
    I think most of us believe we should be favored, but are nervous. 4-0 is great and all but it means nothing in conference. Arkansas is the most talented group of football players we have faced so far, but LaTech is the better football team than they are.

Probably will be the best this entire year unless FAU can get everyone outside of Motor to kick it up a notch.

If we beat you, there is a really solid chance we enter that FAU home game at 10-0.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I'm fun but only because everyone I hang out with is terrible at being fun

So my fun has no credibility.

It's why I'm on this board....to see what real fun it.
    starting to like this guy ...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Everyone keeps brushing off their Arkansas win like they beat Central Arkansas....or, poor ole Arkansas-Pine Bluff, egad! Well, Ark is still in the SEC and I guarantee when it comes to raw talent, across their whole roster, they are more talented than anyone on our schedule, sans LSU and Moo State. And they didn't just eek out a 1 point win either. It was a blowout.

Now, that does not mean you can directly compare scores, like Team A beat Team B by 30 pts, who beat Team C by 15 pts, therefore Team A should.... But! you can make relative comparisons. Relatively speaking beating Ark on the road by 27 pts trumps losing to LSU on the road by 17 pts. Yeah! LSU is better than Ark, which I'm sure they'll demonstrate when they play. But, 44 pts better? Doubtful.

Playing on the road is always tough anyway. Tougher still when you play a quality opponent. Usually teams that play good defense give themselves a chance to win on the road.

Defense, Bulldogs, defense!

+ Reply to Thread