+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 2017 Bowl Games

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: 2017 Bowl Games

Growing the fanbase. Seems like this hasn't been a priority by our athletic department ever.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Marshall and ODU have done a great job of growing and maintaining their fan bases. UTSA is growing its as well. Tech does not do a good job with its fan base. They aren't developing their students either. These are long term problems that have plagued us for 40 years and a large reason we are the size we are. You have to give credit where its due, CUSA has put us in the perfect bowl for attendance every year. They have allowed us to step up. No Arizona Bowl, New Mexico Bowl or Bahamas Bowl for the Dawgs. WE always magically get a bowl that you can travel to.
    Our administration who had backing from our fan base guaranteed the purchase of tickets to each of those bowls. C-USA didn't do this because they liked us, they did it because we showed them the money. None of the other available teams would have shown up in Dallas, New Orleans, or Ft. Worth the way we did.

UTSA has potential, but no real fan base yet. UTEP is way ahead of them.

Marshall, I agree on. Still not sure about ODU's fans. They certainly have the budget.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not even going to try and argue with you. So yeah its all because our fans are the best in CUSA.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I'm not even going to try and argue with you. So yeah its all because our fans are the best in CUSA.
    So you think we just got lucky because C-USA likes us. Yeah, that makes sense.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So you think we just got lucky because C-USA likes us. Yeah, that makes sense.
    I think that CUSA has done a good job of utilizing one of its top brands in the West and done a darn good job of making sure we don't get slighted like UTSA did this weekend. In the past with other conferences we would have been on the outside looking in. If the rumors prove true, CUSA went above and beyond to make sure we landed somewhere. Our fan base has been really good about taking advantage and making CUSA look good. I recognize that we have traveled well to these bowls but credit is due for making sure we always get the right venue when others get screwed.

I think that CUSA has done a good job of utilizing one of its top brands in the West and done a darn good job of making sure we don't get slighted like UTSA did this weekend. In the past with other conferences we would have been on the outside looking in. If the rumors prove true, CUSA went above and beyond to make sure we landed somewhere. Our fan base has been really good about taking advantage and making CUSA look good. I recognize that we have traveled well to these bowls but credit is due for making sure we always get the right venue when others get screwed.
    You do remember how C-USA took care of us in MBB right? How they've taken care of us in scheduling teams from the east?

We were the best of the six win teams and had the best proven history of ticket sales to bowl games among all available teams. That's not "doing us a favor".

You said, "In the past with other conferences we would have been on the outside looking in." Not sure what that means or what you base it off of, but the WAC nor Benson ever snubbed us when we were bowl eligible. That's the only other conference affiliation we've ever had. 2012 was on us and the Indy Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You do remember how C-USA took care of us in MBB right? How they've taken care of us in scheduling teams from the east?

We were the best of the six win teams and had the best proven history of ticket sales to bowl games among all available teams. That's not "doing us a favor".

You said, "In the past with other conferences we would have been on the outside looking in." Not sure what that means or what you base it off of, but the WAC nor Benson ever snubbed us when we were bowl eligible. That's the only other conference affiliation we've ever had. 2012 was on us and the Indy Bowl.
    I specifically said FOOTBALL and The WAC did leave us at the house on I believe 2005 when we won 7 games. I am not off base and this is exactly why I didn't want to argue with you.
    Last edited by KSDAWG; 12-04-2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Shouldn't have been said

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I specifically said FOOTBALL and The WAC did leave us at the house on I believe 2005 when we won 7 games. I am not off base and this is exactly why I didn't want to argue with you.
    2005 there were 28 bowls (56 teams) - 2017 there are 39 (78 teams).

The WAC did leave us at the house on I believe 2005 when we won 7 games. I am not off base and this is exactly why I didn't want to argue with you.
    Comparing what the WAC did in 2005 to what is happening 12 years later is not a good comparison. Three bowls were available to the WAC. Two 9 win teams and one 8 win team got in ahead of us.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Not here to argue with either of you, but if you remember the WAC had a bowl agreement that seemed to vary sometimes, we did not always have the same number of bowls every year. I don't know the number, but pretty certain there were not as many bowls available altogether in the WAC years, it was just more difficult to get placed in a bowl. The WAC also had Mr. Peanut which was a hindrance in itself for the whole Conference, and especially TECH, at least we all felt that way.

Just ten-fifteen years ago we were not that concerned with placing 6 win teams, there was nowhere for most of them to go, seven wins did not even guarantee you a bowl slot. Again...not trying to argue with either of you, just remembering how things were back in the pre-WAC and WAC days. (that is how I remember that time period, correct me if I am wrong, I have slept a few nights since then)

MBB, that is a different story.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Bump

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Watching the 'Tater Bowl and, you talk about hard on the eyes!! Two teams with butt ugly unis on that gawd awful ugly Boise blue turf!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Watching the 'Tater Bowl and, you talk about hard on the eyes!! Two teams with butt ugly unis on that gawd awful ugly Boise blue turf!
    lmao.gif

Stay away from the liquor cabinet til it is over!

Report: UCLA QB Josh Rosen to sit out Cactus Bowl

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

So far it's Little Guys - 2, Big Guys - 0. Thank you Boise State and South Florida.

+ Reply to Thread