+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Welcome

Of course what we are getting into is still not what we were hoping a few years ago, but it is beeter than we have. Its a shame utsa can do in two years what we been trying for.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    I disagree, there are way more people following the Texas schools watching the Tyler and Lufkin stations in those counties. PS, I live in one of those counties
    It is a Designated Market Area as determined by Nielsen Media Research. It's not debatable. Those few East Texas counties ARE part of the Shreveport/Texarkana DMA. Period.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Some of you just argue over anything..truth is we barely get coverage in monroe and its only slightly better in shreveport. I believe we are getting in cusa not matter the coverage this time.
    Barely get coverage in Monroe? What are you talking about? Tech gets coverage everyday on KTVE and KNOE.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It is a Designated Market Area as determined by Nielsen Media Research. It's not debatable. Those few East Texas counties ARE part of the Shreveport/Texarkana DMA. Period.
    There are 11 counties not a few, which are also covered by the Tyler stations. That have more people following the Texas schools. The map goes all the way up to Mt. Pleasant TX. To say that is part of our (La Tech) media market is just ridiculous. I rest my case. Period

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

For the sake of that is all good and decent, PLEASE REST YOUR CASE.

There are 11 counties not a few, which are also covered by the Tyler stations. That have more people following the Texas schools. The map goes all the way up to Mt. Pleasant TX. To say that is part of our (La Tech) media market is just ridiculous. I rest my case. Period
    Dude, it's about ACCESS. Yes, many local tv coverage maps overlap, but DMAs do not overlap. All three Shreveport TV stations and both in Monroe regularly cover LA Tech. Thus, all of the counties and parishes in the Shreveport/Texarkana and Monroe/El Dorado markets have access to LA Tech coverage. In addition, several counties and parishes outside of those 2 DMAs also carry the Shreveport or Monroe stations, and thus, they also have access to LA Tech coverage. To the tv companies, it doesn't matter which teams the people in each county follow.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

LOL! You rest your case? Your "case" has been all over the place.

DMA is what determines market size. It doesn't matter how well you know the good folks of Mt.Pleasant, Texarkana, Bawcomville or Juarez.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Dude, it's about ACCESS. Yes, many local tv coverage maps overlap, but DMAs do not overlap. All three Shreveport TV stations and both in Monroe regularly cover LA Tech. Thus, all of the counties and parishes in the Shreveport/Texarkana and Monroe/El Dorado markets have access to LA Tech coverage. In addition, several counties and parishes outside of those 2 DMAs also carry the Shreveport or Monroe stations, and thus, they also have access to LA Tech coverage. To the tv companies, it doesn't matter which teams the people in each county follow.
    Dude... HE. CAN'T. GRASP. IT.

It's a classic "fly-by" --- beyond his realm of understanding. Save your energy for Wednesday.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

The media market size myth that the Conference USA has been pumping is a joke, just like the DMA map that was posted. Look at UNT, yes they have access to that whole green area on that map but do they have people actually watching or going to their games?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Dude... HE. CAN'T. GRASP. IT.

It's a classic "fly-by" --- beyond his realm of understanding. Save your energy for Wednesday.
    Classic fly-by?

Trust me, I more than grasp that DMA map is joke. And that multiple counties on that map, receive coverage from multiple TV stations. I live in one of those counties and I have access to 1 Shreveport station KSLA and 4 Tyler/Lufkin stations. This was the same weak argument that the Conference USA has been using. These define media markets don't amount to anything.
    Last edited by longdawgview; 04-29-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree, there are way more people following the Texas schools watching the Tyler and Lufkin stations in those counties. PS, I live in one of those counties
    For God's sake, that is the way advertising is done. Doesn't matter what any of us think.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    For God's sake, that is the way advertising is done. Doesn't matter what any of us think.
    And we can leave it at that!

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Yikes - all this shouting hurts me ears ~

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I can't believe it. A member of our new conference starts a thread to welcome us to our new conference and we ensue with a ridiculous discussion on DMA!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gopirates367 View Post
    Just want to stop by and say that if the rumors are true, IT'S ABOUT TIME! I've always thought Tech is a natural fit in C-USA, especially in the East which is where the football first schools are, East Carolina, Southern Miss, and Marshall. I just shook my head during the last expansion when y'all didn't get an invite, and look where it got us. At any rate, I'm looking forward to adding Tech football to the East. Y'all bring a lot of history and credibility.

Before I registered earlier I saw a question posted about how C-USA schedules for football so I'll answer it. We play everyone in our division, three in the West, and four OOC. This year we get two west schools coming to us and we go west once. Generally the next year we go west twice and we get one out of the west at home. Who knows if that changes with the new schools coming in.
    09/01/12 vs. Appalachian State (PCW) Greenville, N.C. TBA
    09/08/12 at South Carolina Columbia, S.C. TBA
    09/15/12 at Southern Miss * Hattiesburg, Miss. TBA
    09/22/12 at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA
    09/29/12 vs. UTEP (FW) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    10/04/12 at UCF * Orlando, Fla. TBA
    10/13/12 vs. Memphis (HC) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    10/20/12 at UAB * Birmingham, Ala. TBA
    10/27/12 vs. Navy (MIL) Greenville, N.C. TBA
    11/03/12 vs. Houston (HOF) * Greenville, N.C. TBA
    11/17/12 at Tulane * New Orleans, La. TBA
    11/23/12 vs. Marshall (SD) * Greenville, N.C. TBA

Welcome aboard guys.
    Thanks for the kind welcome! We are very excited for the opportunity to play in CUSA.

+ Reply to Thread