+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I expect no let Down against UAB

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Why I expect no let Down against UAB

few years ago I posted my concerns before the NLU game --still have nightmares over fireworks as we walked out as losers. I have reasons to believe we will NOT have letdown --granted after great efforts vs NT and LSU it would be possible to have mediocre game BUT most of our key players were on field when UAB embarrassed us. I just see Ferguson-Amick and rest of team bring their A game . UAB fired up about their ability to get INTs -- so did NT but coaches has Jmar throwing ball half way to China rather than throw INT-- lot of fans irritated when he does but ... I just believe we will be OK-- hate posting this because of "jinx factor " but we are loaded with talent and experience --other than Dancy we loaded for bear. Go Dogs

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Why I expect no let Down against UAB

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    few years ago I posted my concerns before the NLU game --still have nightmares over fireworks as we walked out as losers. I have reasons to believe we will NOT have letdown --granted after great efforts vs NT and LSU it would be possible to have mediocre game BUT most of our key players were on field when UAB embarrassed us. I just see Ferguson-Amick and rest of team bring their A game . UAB fired up about their ability to get INTs -- so did NT but coaches has Jmar throwing ball half way to China rather than throw INT-- lot of fans irritated when he does but ... I just believe we will be OK-- hate posting this because of "jinx factor " but we are loaded with talent and experience --other than Dancy we loaded for bear. Go Dogs
    I think you are referring to the NSU game in 2014, instead of NLU. We haven't lost to NLU/ULM since 1987.

I hope LA Tech fans can make UAB's trip to JAS miserable tomorrow. Because its time for payback. I attended the Tech-UAB game in Birmingham last year, and it was a miserable experience. UAB fans were hostile towards our team, and --as I previously mentioned-- the officiating crew downright cheated our Dawgs worse than any crew I can remember. Tech went into that game averaging 1 or 2 penalties per game, but received 10 penalties totaling 95 yards against UAB. And some of those 10 penalties were real doozies, and drive killers. No doubt, the FIX was in.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what CUSA crew is calling our game tomorrow?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Double digit win, no problem. We cover and it is never in doubt.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We need to come out swinging and get ahead early. If we win the toss, take the ball and take it to them. Force them to throw the ball and throw early.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    We need to come out swinging and get ahead early. If we win the toss, take the ball and take it to them. Force them to throw the ball and throw early.
    I thought it was a pretty ballsy call last week at UNT to give them the ball first. Wow.

Marshall has pretty much quit. After leading at halftime 17-10, Marshall now trails MTSU 34-17, with 6 minutes left. MTSU has scored 24 unanswered pts.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

The one thing I don’t want to see in this game is the Holtz Ball Control Show if we are up by a score. I believe that they are coming to Ruston fully expecting to steal a win, and if we start the Meerkat slow down to a snails pace crap, they might get it. Just like last week, we are up 2 points with 10 minutes to go, but the way we were playing, you’d swear we were up by 21. Without an excellent individual ST play, we probably lose a game we had no business losing. We need to make them get into a shoot out with us, not play take away.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

The one thing I don’t want to see in this game is the Holtz Ball Control Show if we are up by a score. I believe that they are coming to Ruston fully expecting to steal a win, and if we start the Meerkat slow down to a snails pace crap, they might get it. Just like last week, we are up 2 points with 10 minutes to go, but the way we were playing, you’d swear we were up by 21. Without an excellent individual ST play, we probably lose a game we had no business losing. We need to make them get into a shoot out with us, not play take away.
    It was annoying watching them waste downs last week. At least get past the 50 before doing that.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Yep. How about no meerkat, slowdown at all tomorrow! That and the prevent defense have really killed us.

I just don't want to see us get stuffed on 3rd & 1 (or 4th & 1) again BECAUSE our OC isn't smart enough to s-p-r-e-a-d everybody out on defense. We failed to convert 1st downs against both LSU and UNT because we let those teams put "10 in the box" in our short yardage situations. Our OC has got to be smart enough to spread the defense out with a 4 or 5 receiver set before running those short yardage QB sneaks or run plays. If he needs me to come down there and make the right call for him, he can just call me.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Or pack in tight, and have Smith roll out on a pass/run option....no, wait. Smith won't run even if there is no one between him and the sticks. So make that a pass/wimp-out option...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Or pack in tight, and have Smith roll out on a pass/run option....no, wait. Smith won't run even if there is no one between him and the sticks. So make that a pass/wimp-out option...
    Too often it's:

I really think Smith is going to put it all together soon. I feel like tonight he might have a breakout night. Fingers crossed.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I really think Smith is going to put it all together soon. I feel like tonight he might have a breakout night. Fingers crossed.
    He better hurry. He's running out of career.

+ Reply to Thread