+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Louisiana Tech Football Schedule

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: 2019 Louisiana Tech Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Why, why, why, why, why can't we push the spring camp one freaking week! One week and I can make the games. Doing what we do makes it where I get to go once every 5 or 6 years. Other teams will still be in camp on the 13th.

Yes, I'm being self-centered and acting entitled. I'm an Elder Millennial!
    NSU had their Spring Game today.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

First Responders Bowl moving to SMU's Ford Stadium for one season due to a conflict with the NHL's Winter Classic outdoor game:

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    First Responders Bowl moving to SMU's Ford Stadium for one season due to a conflict with the NHL's Winter Classic outdoor game:
    That's a nice stadium. No parking, though.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Tech UNT Rice USM UAB UTEP UTSA
    CHAR 19/20 17/18 17/18 19/20
    FIU 19/20 17/18 19/20 17/18
    FAU 17/18 17/18 19/20 19/20
    MAR 19/20 21/22 19/20 17/18
    23/24
    21/22 23/24 17/18
    MT 19/20 19/20 17/18 17/18
    ODU 17/18 17/18 19/20 19/20
    WKU 17/18 19/20 19/20 17/18

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    That's a nice stadium. No parking, though.
    Just use Uber or Lyft from your hotel. Thank God Ruston finally has a ride share service in EZ-RYDR. If you're not staying overnight I would imagine they would have a shuttle service of some kind.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    Just use Uber or Lyft from your hotel. Thank God Ruston finally has a ride share service in EZ-RYDR. If you're not staying overnight I would imagine they would have a shuttle service of some kind.
    That's good advice.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quick poll and comments...

USF just signed a 2 for 1 deal with Bama. Of course, yes, we all know Bama is likely to buy out their one trip to Tampa. But, let's say they don't, or better yet, USF says keep your money and bring your asses here, dudes!

Not Bama for us, because we are on an official 3-game win streak against them (counting that vacated game in 1991 or 92). We have nothing to prove there. But, and this is my question, would you enthusiastically support, and post positive things here, if Tech did a 2 for 1 deal with Ohio State? or Notre Dame!? or Michigan? or some other "elite" like that? Of course, we would probably play our 1 game in Shreveport. What say you?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    But, and this is my question, would you enthusiastically support, and post positive things here, if Tech did a 2 for 1 deal with Ohio State? or Notre Dame!? or Michigan? or some other "elite" like that? Of course, we would probably play our 1 game in Shreveport. What say you?
    Yes, wholeheartedly support.

1 game in Indy vs. top10 program > 2 games in JAS vs. FCS
    Last edited by Champ967; 05-29-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Texas & Bowling Green games' TV & times should be announced tomorrow - C-USA marches to a different drum, so the rest of our game times and TV should be announced next Thursday.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Yes, wholeheartedly support.

1 game in Indy vs. top10 program > 2 games in JAS vs. FCS
    Agreed...the games against Miami, and then Johnny Football's aTm were a whole lot more interesting than hosting Nicholls and Southern. Even though the Miami game got out of hand, it was great to be there as their defense had SIX future NFLers alone! And one or two off the offense, as I recall.

Apparently you and I are the only ones interested, so I'll call Notre Dame back and tell them "no thanks."

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Would you take a 2 for 1 with Arkansas? Say even swap Shreveport and Little Rock with a money game in Fayetteville?

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Quick poll and comments...

USF just signed a 2 for 1 deal with Bama. Of course, yes, we all know Bama is likely to buy out their one trip to Tampa. But, let's say they don't, or better yet, USF says keep your money and bring your asses here, dudes!

Not Bama for us, because we are on an official 3-game win streak against them (counting that vacated game in 1991 or 92). We have nothing to prove there. But, and this is my question, would you enthusiastically support, and post positive things here, if Tech did a 2 for 1 deal with Ohio State? or Notre Dame!? or Michigan? or some other "elite" like that? Of course, we would probably play our 1 game in Shreveport. What say you?
    Tech just did a 2 for 1 with Miss State. I never want to see those guys on the gridiron again. Baylor and NC State are also on the horizon. I like both of those opponents much better than a sure-fire bloodbath against a Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc. I absolutely hate the true money game against Clemson. That's just bad scheduling, I don't care if they gave us market value or not. Also, let's not kid ourselves, the only reason Bama is going to USF is so that they can invite a bunch of recruits to the game. I don't think them or Michigan or anyone else needs to recruit in Shreveport.

Also, Bama isn't buying out the USF game in Tampa because it's the first game that will be played in the series.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
    Would you take a 2 for 1 with Arkansas? Say even swap Shreveport and Little Rock with a money game in Fayetteville?
    The last time we played Arkansas we had a game scheduled in Little Rock. Our current AD changed it to Fayettville and refused to answer when asked why he moved the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Tech just did a 2 for 1 with Miss State. I never want to see those guys on the gridiron again. Baylor and NC State are also on the horizon. I like both of those opponents much better than a sure-fire bloodbath against a Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc. I absolutely hate the true money game against Clemson. That's just bad scheduling, I don't care if they gave us market value or not. Also, let's not kid ourselves, the only reason Bama is going to USF is so that they can invite a bunch of recruits to the game. I don't think them or Michigan or anyone else needs to recruit in Shreveport.

Also, Bama isn't buying out the USF game in Tampa because it's the first game that will be played in the series.
    - Not to sound like semantics, but the Miss. State series began as a home and home with and extra money game in Starkville. The deal BVDV cut with Miss St was much better than the one our current AD ended up changing around. We netted much less money out of the six game deal than we would have had he not screwed it up.

- The Baylor deal is HORRIBLE. It is THE worst deal any Tech AD since Stovall has cut. We need and deserve to make the going rate to play the big boys. There's no excuse other than bad negotiation skills by our lightweight AD. The NC State deal is a close second. It's really sad that our AD is allowed to get away with these horrible deals.

- Two for one deals are just bad business unless they are structured correctly. Having a home game with a minimum buyout on the end of the series is bad business. Instead we should have the home game in the middle or at least have a HUGE buyout if he puts us at the end of the series.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not to sound like semantics, but the Miss. State series began as a home and home with and extra money game in Starkville. The deal BVDV cut with Miss St was much better than the one our current AD ended up changing around. We netted much less money out of the six game deal than we would have had he not screwed it up.
    Our current AD only signed off on moving years around with Mississippi State. All 6 games were scheduled prior to his arrival.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    There's no excuse other than bad negotiation skills by our lightweight AD.
    Incorrect. He negotiated expertly -- they got a sweetheart deal, and he gets a glowing recommendation for any AD openings that interest him.

He's a skilled negotiator, just not on Tech's behalf.

+ Reply to Thread