+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Cluster...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The Ultimate Cluster...

So is our horrible token Commish worse than than the SWAC Commish or will Karl Benson always hold that title...?
    This is very believable considering who was involved, but still comical. CUAB rules !

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/10/sw...rence-usa.html

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Ultimate Cluster...

I don't understand your point.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't understand your point.
    CUAB has claimed the venue before they have earned it.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    CUAB has claimed the venue before they have earned it.
    I think UAB has a likely chance of hosting the conference championship. Thus, they are looking at a logistical nightmare if both games are at the same place.

I think UAB has a likely chance of hosting the conference championship. Thus, they are looking at a logistical nightmare if both games are at the same place.
    Yes I agree. This is not a Shreveport HS situation it is D1 football, but points to the insignificance of conference championship games in "mid major" football.

Yes I agree. This is not a Shreveport HS situation it is D1 football, but points to the insignificance of conference championship games in "mid major" football.
    Much of it is about an attempt to generate revenue. The SWAC guys definitely realize they would be reduced to second fiddle if UAB was to host in Birmingham. It would overshadow much of what they attempted to capture. I would move it too if I was them.

Much of it is about an attempt to generate revenue. The SWAC guys definitely realize they would be reduced to second fiddle if UAB was to host in Birmingham. It would overshadow much of what they attempted to capture. I would move it too if I was them.
    There's no revenue in either championship.

There's no revenue in either championship.
    But there are attempts.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

I'll keep my fingers crossed that UAB falls on their face to end the season and Legion Field ends up empty during that first weekend in December. I know it's not likely to happen, but you can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that UAB falls on their face to end the season and Legion Field ends up empty during that first weekend in December. I know it's not likely to happen, but you can hope.
    THAT would be the ultimate!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

So is our horrible token Commish worse than than the SWAC Commish or will Karl Benson always hold that title...?
    This is very believable considering who was involved, but still comical. CUAB rules !
    I suspect somewhere in the vast number of documents each president within the league signs off on each year there is one that states the host of the conference championship football game must ensure its venue is available on gameday. UAB's president had to sign off on that at some point.

Then again, it was UAB's president who signed off on CUSA documents one summer saying UAB would be in compliance with CUSA's By-laws all the while knowing the school was intending to announce it was dropping football. Included were documents regarding the conference basketball championships. He knowingly committed fraud.

You are also correct about Judy. The fact the conference office apparently didn't know what was happening with the venue of one its member schools on that day speaks volumes. Multiple TV production companies (ESPNU and CBS Sports) attempting to set up in a stadium on the same day isn't impossible. But it does take months of planning.

ESPN has a contract with the SWAC and with whoever is producing the game for it. That contractor would have contracts with its subs for that game, as well. To mess with that schedule at this point for something that may or may not happen would be difficult. I understand why the SWAC made the change. For its part, the TV contractor for CBS almost certainly has a schedule set up for that day wherever the game is being played. It would have to plan a tentative schedule out for Birmingham with ESPN's contractor. It's way too much work at this point.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Much ado about nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Much ado about nothing...
    yet felt the need to comment

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think UAB did the right thing, and probably the SWAC did the right thing, too.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

yet felt the need to comment
    I was in Walmart and heard two people having a loud "discussion." As I passed by I offered my unsolicited opinion on what they were saying. I just feel the need to comment. In this case, that comment is "much ado about nothing."

+ Reply to Thread