+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

Re: What would have greater implications for LaTech next year?

Oops! Yes! Meant tailwind! Brain fart or Senior moment!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....and isn't it about time for another BAND thread....
    Ok lets send them to Baton Rouge

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Don't you mean "tailwind?" A headwind would slow us down.

You say beating Bama, and LSU, and other such "landmark" wins gives a program a boost? Really? ULM beat Bama with Saban as coach....what has that huge win done for their program? I'll wait while you list the benefits the injuns derived from it....
    It's funny, their win against Alabama didn't get nearly the press as their win over Arkansas. They were the media darlings of the week after that game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the off season. Neither hoops' teams have offered a sufficient distraction.....so, here we are.

You know a uniform/helmet thread will soon resurface too.
    ....and isn't it about time for another BAND thread....
    True and True.........

At least the Techsters are climbing now... I am concentrating on them until tournament time. The Dawgs aren't giving me much, especially after last night. I will still watch and cheer them on, but not too hopeful. Maybe they will catch fire in the tournament - one can dream....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    It's funny, their win against Alabama didn't get nearly the press as their win over Arkansas. They were the media darlings of the week after that game.
    True. And that Arkansas win came the year ulm went to the Idiot Bowl....and got their clocks cleaned by Ohio.

Appy State beat Michigan, Troy beat LSU, ulm beat Arkansas, and there are other examples of a flash in the pan, instant "media darling" upsets. So...is that how you see us? Several posters on here equate Tech to those others and insist that Tech needs to get that flavor-of-the-week "media darling" status by beating LSU.

Wow! That's not how I view us. That's certainly NOT where I want Tech to be grouped. And maybe I am a lone voice screaming in the wilderness. But, I will continue to do that. Yes, I want to beat LSU...for several reasons...but mostly because they are on our 2018 schedule, 1 of 12 regular season games, and they are a good SEC program. It would be a quality road win. Period.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

True. And that Arkansas win came the year ulm went to the Idiot Bowl....and got their clocks cleaned by Ohio.

Appy State beat Michigan, Troy beat LSU, ulm beat Arkansas, and there are other examples of a flash in the pan, instant "media darling" upsets. So...is that how you see us? Several posters on here equate Tech to those others and insist that Tech needs to get that flavor-of-the-week "media darling" status by beating LSU.

Wow! That's not how I view us. That's certainly NOT where I want Tech to be grouped. And maybe I am a lone voice screaming in the wilderness. But, I will continue to do that. Yes, I want to beat LSU...for several reasons...but mostly because they are on our 2018 schedule, 1 of 12 regular season games, and they are a good SEC program. It would be a quality road win. Period.

What the heck... I will join in again... Beating lsu is VERY important, but only if we continue on and win the conference championship. Beating lsu will mean a LOT, especially in Louisiana. No way anyone can say that it won't do wonders for the perception of Louisiana Tech football in the state and give us a boost nationally. We HAVE to carry that forward, though. It all falls apart, if we don't do well in conference after that. So, while some of you battle on this question, the fact is that there is no "either/or". We have to do both! That is my opinion. The original question doesn't work.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    What the heck... I will join in again... Beating lsu is VERY important, but only if we continue on and win the conference championship. Beating lsu will mean a LOT, especially in Louisiana. No way anyone can say that it won't do wonders for the perception of Louisiana Tech football in the state and give us a boost nationally. We HAVE to carry that forward, though. It all falls apart, if we don't do well in conference after that. So, while some of you battle on this question, the fact is that there is no "either/or". We have to do both! That is my opinion. The original question doesn't work.
    Living here...I don't know how much it would mean in Louisiana. Especially to their Walmart minions.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I live in north Bossier. There is a legitimate competition in terms of people "reppin" their program--and it's mostly between LaTech and LSU. Unless folks have a direct connection to another school, these 2 are the most prominent. Beating them would matter, and it would matter alot...
    Have you considered those Dogs?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I live in north Bossier. There is a legitimate competition in terms of people "reppin" their program--and it's mostly between LaTech and LSU. Unless folks have a direct connection to another school, these 2 are the most prominent. Beating them would matter, and it would matter alot...
    The amount of puke and piss I saw on campus after LSU got crushed by Bama in the NC dropped considerably.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The amount of puke and piss I saw on campus after LSU got crushed by Bama in the NC dropped considerably.
    As I said in another thread.

This game will determine a lot of outfit choices the following week.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    My sentiment exactly.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The question is what would have greater implications. What would generate more energy. What would cause the most momentum. Continuance is implied in the question and how it is answered.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Of course I don’t see us that way. Like I said in an earlier post, I want to beat Southern Miss more than any team on the schedule. I’m beyond sick of them beating us every year. I also wouldn’t trade a win against LSU for a conference championship.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I want to beat Southern Miss more than any team on the schedule. I’m beyond sick of them beating us every year.
    They own our HC.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They own our HC.
    Unfortunately it extends beyond our current HC back to the previous 2 as well.

+ Reply to Thread