+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 players enter transfer portal

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: 2 players enter transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    "After speaking to Hargrove extensively this week, LSU’s interest has ramped up and he definitely wants to play on a bigger stage than Conference-USA"

That makes me believe we will not see this young man in a Bulldog uniform.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I've seen some speculation that because of the pandemic there were tons of earlier than usual commits - which will likely translate into a record number of "decommits" as the process plays out.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I've seen some speculation that because of the pandemic there were tons of earlier than usual commits - which will likely translate into a record number of "decommits" as the process plays out.
    Unfortunately that actually makes a lot of sense.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    "After speaking to Hargrove extensively this week, LSU’s interest has ramped up and he definitely wants to play on a bigger stage than Conference-USA"

That makes me believe we will not see this young man in a Bulldog uniform.
    Not enough free SUVs floating around Ruston I guess

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    lemme call Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    LOL. Hopefully inudesu's theory was more accurate. We will never win the free SUV game. He really shot up the recruit ranking after he gave us a verbal. He is now the 10th RB in his class.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Hopefully inudesu's theory was more accurate. We will never win the free SUV game. He really shot up the recruit ranking after he gave us a verbal. He is now the 10th RB in his class.
    I saw that he'd been bumped up a star, I suspected it might be the standard feedback loop to get the $$$ schools more stars.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

If Hargrove is smart he will stay locally. Number of years back RHS had a start, think his name was Davis, went to Auburn. Bont think he ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    lemme call Karl

Now that's funny!

Great article backing up your earlier comment. Very interesting and telling article, based on actual data. All schools (and fans) better take early commitments with even less enthusiasm than previous years.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    If Hargrove is smart he will stay locally. Number of years back RHS had a start, think his name was Davis, went to Auburn. Bont think he ever played.
    Sounds like you're talking about Roymon Malcom. He eventually transferred to NWST. I believe he suffered a knee injury at Auburn. He passed away several years back in a car accident. He was a stud in high school. Before him Ruston High had Jerald Kennedy and he played for Tech.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-foo...lled/13591099/

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Great article backing up your earlier comment. Very interesting and telling article, based on actual data. All schools (and fans) better take early commitments with even less enthusiasm than previous years.
    Makes you appreciate the ones who actually honor their COMMITMENT. Need a new word for commitment since they made up a word for breaking a commitment.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

So difficult for practically all 17 and 18 year olds to see the big picture with all the shine and glory of the big stage the P5’s can sell. Thing is he won’t be the only stud RB that P5 is bringing in and it will typically take more work and playbook study than it ever took to succeed above the others......more than it took in high school.
    Not that it is much different in a C-USA, but an above average talent should stand out more than the rest (like Amik or Dixon or Carlos or Troy or etc....). Meaning, that talent would naturally stand out a bit more at a LA Tech vs an LSU. Of course sometimes it seems the coaches might miss where on who is has the most talent at a position at a certain time (as in a Boston Scott ).

Hargrove would have plenty of opportunities at Tech to show what he’s got against the P5s. I doubt I can fault him much though if he chooses to go elsewhere. But if he does, I hope he doesn't end up being another big LA recruit that practically disappears in college football for whatever reason after opting to go to an elite program.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Makes you appreciate the ones who actually honor their COMMITMENT. Need a new word for commitment since they made up a word for breaking a commitment.
    I totally understand what you are saying. But when I hear about a verbal before the senior season, I take it with a grain of salt.

This guy shot up so fast I would now be shocked if he stays with us. I will admit though I was hopeful. I thought maybe being from Ruston his dream was to one day play football at Tech where all of his family and friends could watch him be great in person each week just like it has been his whole life.

+ Reply to Thread