+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking: F Lot = Fail!

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Parking: F Lot = Fail!

It was barely filled, maybe 4 rows about an hour before game time. Why not charge $10-20 to fill the rest? We knew how many season passes we sold, right?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Parking: F Lot = Fail!

I thought the same thing - lot of $ left on the table.
    I understand they only wanted to let folks in that hade a pass - but you could reserve a few rows for the F lot holders & charge $20 for the rest

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I thought the same thing - lot of $ left on the table.
    I understand they only wanted to let folks in that hade a pass - but you could reserve a few rows for the F lot holders & charge $20 for the rest
    I know a lot of people would not have flinched at paying $20-25 to park that close! The BCM made quite a few $ charging $10 at more than triple the distance!

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

Wrong.
    Where it may be frustrating that the lot sat there mostly empty, the University has finally got this right! In all the years past, people without parking passes would enter the stadium parking via Tech drive and be turned away by Sheriff's deputies. They would clog the entire flow of traffic.

As we grow, people without parking passes should expect to have to walk 1/4 to 1/2 mile. This is still much closer than most stadiums.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I agree - the parking pass situation was done correctly yesterday.

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

All University departments involved in GameDay preparations met frequently for weeks leading up to the game. They addressed and resolved many of past shortcomings. My hat is off to Dr. Guice, TMac, Tyson Baldwin (LTAC), Concessions, and everyone who did a tremendous job handling that environment yesterday.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Hermandawg View Post
    All University departments involved in GameDay preparations met frequently for weeks leading up to the game. They addressed and resolved many of past shortcomings. My hat is off to Dr. Guice, TMac, Tyson Baldwin (LTAC), Concessions, and everyone who did a tremendous job handling that environment yesterday.
    And Adam McGuirt

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    And Adam McGuirt
    Especially Adam McGuirt. Our AD is clueless without him

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Especially Adam McGuirt. Our AD is clueless without him
    Winner!

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Dawgzilla...or whatever they call it now...still has issues. I'm convinced that whoever is operating it thinks we're all sitting in Jonesboro and he/she needs to turn it up as loud as they can. I just don't get it. When the players are introducing themselves you can't understand a word they say. Does anyone involved with "gameday management" not understand how bad that sounds? It's just way over the top...imo. Some of the time things seem to be okay, then BAM, you get blasted with something from out of left field. And now they have to contend with the bounce back from the south end zone...which actually wasn't too bad in the overall scheme of things. I just wish whoever is running that board could sit in the stands and listen to what they are producing. Maybe they are and they're hard of hearing! They're sure making me hard of hearing.

At times the Southern band was playing over the video board. The operator can't help that. But for crying out loud, surely we can get the players intro's understandable.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    Dawgzilla...or whatever they call it now...still has issues. I'm convinced that whoever is operating it thinks we're all sitting in Jonesboro and he/she needs to turn it up as loud as they can. I just don't get it. When the players are introducing themselves you can't understand a word they say. Does anyone involved with "gameday management" not understand how bad that sounds? It's just way over the top...imo. Some of the time things seem to be okay, then BAM, you get blasted with something from out of left field. And now they have to contend with the bounce back from the south end zone...which actually wasn't too bad in the overall scheme of things. I just wish whoever is running that board could sit in the stands and listen to what they are producing. Maybe they are and they're hard of hearing! They're sure making me hard of hearing.

At times the Southern band was playing over the video board. The operator can't help that. But for crying out loud, surely we can get the players intro's understandable.
    At times in the past, the video board has been a distraction rather than a complement to the other happenings in the stadium. Didn't feel that way this game. Almost as if it were an afterthought. Seemed like fewer commercials--no problem with that--but I got the feeling it wasn't used to the best advantage. The attempts to pump up the crowd were lame. The Bradshaw & player clips used in the past to get the fans engaged were missed. I agree it was loud--always has been too loud. Attempting the 'Maniac for a Caniac' and the 'Kiss Cam' without closer camera shots doesn't work. Minor problems, I know, compared to putting on the biggest event with minimal problems in 25 or so years.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Agree that the Maniac for a Caniac and the Kiss Cam from afar just doesn't work. The close ups in the past made that very enjoyable. There are moments when it seems to work well, then there are times when it's just in your face. I for one don't need "in your face" loudness to enjoy the game. I found it funny at one point where the announcer announced something like a first down for the "Bearkats" then as the end of the word rolled off his tongue he realized what he'd said and quickly said Bulldawgs. Not a video board problem...

We still have a ways to go to get the "video board experience" finely tuned. I'm still tickled we have it and tend to enjoy it more than not...I just wish they'd turn it down. Distortion does not a game day experience make...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

A+ to all involved in our pre-game, game and post game experience yesterday!!! Excellent job!!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Dawgzilla sucks and should only be used for information. We need band music not loud ear hurting crap. It's so loud you can't hear the radio at our tailgate without turning up to full blast.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    A+ to all involved in our pre-game, game and post game experience yesterday!!! Excellent job!!
    Don't you have DAC seating?

+ Reply to Thread