+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Changes

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Site Changes

Since no one seems to have noticed, or at least mentioned it today, I’ll go ahead and call attention to it. I know that a lot of you are probably just coming directly to the forums since the home page (www.latechbbb.com) has been pretty stagnant for quite a while now. To tell you the truth, the only thing that changed were the RSS feed links on the top of the page and the weather.

Well all that has changed now and you will probably want to take a look back at our homepage. This morning, I activated a new portal system called vBadvanced. This portal is a significant improvement over what we had since it is DIRECTLY linked and tied into the forum. A few of the features of the new system include:
    • Being able to log in and out directly from the homepage,
    • Consistent look and feel with the forum (whatever style you are using for the forum will also be used on the homepage),
    • A mini-calendar that shows upcoming events from the full calendar,
    • Random polls (if you’ve started a poll on the forum, it will show up on the homepage),
    • News_Bot’s posts will be the news displayed on the homepage (you don’t have to search for him any more),
    • News archive which links to news that has rolled off the most recent additions,
    • Search the forum directly from the homepage,
    • Recently replied to threads are listed so you can go to them quickly,
    • Who’s online and forum statistics,
    • Significant increase in speed and load time for the homepage,
    • And much, much more is available when we get the chance to roll them out!
    I’ve already tested our countdown clock, conference standings, and WAC scoreboard and they work fine, although I’m going to have to do some formatting to make them look right.

BUT IT DOESN’T STOP THERE . . .

In addition to the vBadvanced portal, we’ve also installed a new links directory. You can get there from the link on the homepage OR through the Extra’s pull down menu on the navigation bar. This system is a big improvement and has a ton of features such as:
    • Fully integrated with vBulletin,
    • Unlimited categories & sub-categories,
    • Unlimited links,
    • What's New & What's Popular sections,
    • Allows members to comment on and rate links,
    • Lets members define favorites and subscriptions,
    • Reciprocal link checking,
    • Advanced searching features.
    • Auto-fill options which pre-populate the fields with the meta data from the web site being submitted.
    • Sticky links.
    • Shows the number of replies and links per category.
    • Shows the number of hits, posts, last person to reply to links, and etc for each link.
    • Advanced sorting options in each category.
    • Allow users to send links to their friends.
    • Allow users to report broken/problematic links.
    • Options to show new and/or random links on your links directory index page.
    • Optimized to handle thousands and thousands of links without a performance hit.
    • And MUCH more!
    The only thing waiting now is for YOU to start submitting links to the sites you know and love! I’ve set up several categories and if you know of one that needs to be added, just let me know.

I hope you enjoy the new homepage as well as the links directory and will give us your feedback and comments. If you have any questions or problems, just let me know!

Again, thanks for your support of Bulldog Barks & Bytes (www.LaTechBBB.com) and Louisiana Tech University. Thanks to you, we are making a difference in Tech Athletics!

Chris

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Site Changes

I don't know if I like the feature that has Champion110 named as the top poster simply because he has more posts than everyone else. I mean, just because he talks alot...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

That is so right, Dirty. He has quantity, but not your qualities.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

been playing with the style page... check out Test-Qng

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    That is so right, Dirty. He has quantity, but not your qualities.:icon_wink:
    I wasn't meaning I should take his place, but now that you mention it...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

TechDawgFan,

I made a banner for the latechbbb site, wonder what you think?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    been playing with the style page... check out Test-Qng
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Where?
    go to the very bottom of the page...you should see a drop down on your left hand side. You'll see the Quick Style Chooser...click on Test-Qng...if you want to go back to the original bbb site...click on BB&B Style

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    go to the very bottom of the page...you should see a drop down on your left hand side. You'll see the Quick Style Chooser...click on Test-Qng...if you want to go back to the original bbb site...click on BB&B Style
    I don't have that option. All I have is:
    BB&B Standard
    Black 2 Red
    Skinlite Blue

I guess i'm special. I'll have TechDawgFan to help me out...do some tweaking before posting it

I took a screenshot. This is what it looks like...

qng, is there any way to take those Bulldawg eyes in your sig. and put them in the banner at top?

Jab,
    You know what...actually I was working on that last night. Just got late and I was tired. I'll see what i can make up this week. Those are the eyes of our very own Tech 19

how about this guys?

+ Reply to Thread