+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. UTSA Hits Last Second Jumper to Down LA Tech

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Travels to UTSA for Saturday Afternoon Tilt

Brooke is an excellent coach. Please remember that this team did receive much in the way of coaching last year. She would like to develop consistency in this program again. She will not sacrifice her plan for some quick victories that ultimately lead to nothing substantial. I know you keep asking about Gipson. Remember, she only played in 7 games last year. She was only added to the team based on former assistant coach Amber Smith's recommendation. Amber is an excellent person; however, her talent evaluation skills need work. If our previous coach had not been busy designing schemes to maximize time with his mistress perhaps he could have watched film on her prior to the scholarship offer. Dawn is a pleasant young woman and needs more practice time and development. As for Moten, Brooke has said on a few pre-game shows that Kevione misses a lot of practice time due to her class schedule. As she gets more comfortable with what Brooke wants her time goes up. Santos would play more if her defensive ability matched her passion for the game. I still think she will be important down the stretch. Brooke and her staff are aware of what this team has and what this team needs. The Techsters need a point guard (haven't had a true one since Tasha Crain), post player (consistent scorer and rebounder) and depth (at all positions). I believe that this program is in the correct hands. Fans must be patient. Remember we were 5-2 in conference play last year before the wheels came off. Extremely tough week ahead with Charlotte and Old Dominion coming in.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    HogDawg, honestly can't say at the moment! I haven't seen (pardon the pun),
    any sighn of good coaching...
    If you ask if we have improved since the first game of the year to now, I would say NO!
    Allen is still listed on the roster, but is being punished for some team violations or something...
    They need to officially release her or let the girl play, she could have most definatly made a difference in some of these close games!
    I might also, ask where the heck is Gibson?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

That should be " This team did not receive much in the way of coaching last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Brooke is an excellent coach. Please remember that this team did receive much in the way of coaching last year. She would like to develop consistency in this program again. She will not sacrifice her plan for some quick victories that ultimately lead to nothing substantial. I know you keep asking about Gipson. Remember, she only played in 7 games last year. She was only added to the team based on former assistant coach Amber Smith's recommendation. Amber is an excellent person; however, her talent evaluation skills need work. If our previous coach had not been busy designing schemes to maximize time with his mistress perhaps he could have watched film on her prior to the scholarship offer. Dawn is a pleasant young woman and needs more practice time and development. As for Moten, Brooke has said on a few pre-game shows that Kevione misses a lot of practice time due to her class schedule. As she gets more comfortable with what Brooke wants her time goes up. Santos would play more if her defensive ability matched her passion for the game. I still think she will be important down the stretch. Brooke and her staff are aware of what this team has and what this team needs. The Techsters need a point guard (haven't had a true one since Tasha Crain), post player (consistent scorer and rebounder) and depth (at all positions). I believe that this program is in the correct hands. Fans must be patient. Remember we were 5-2 in conference play last year before the wheels came off. Extremely tough week ahead with Charlotte and Old Dominion coming in.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree with you. I think Brooke is developing a team for the long run, even if it means we lose a few now. Everyone wants to win right now, but I want a program that we can count on again. I think she is the coach to do it.
    What are you seeing that makes you believe she's the coach to do it? I'm just not feeling it. I wish I was. But I almost feel like she's "babying" the players too much. This isn't a high school team. They are grown women, and they need to learn to fight and compete like grown women.

The excuses about last years "mistress" taking time away from our players --and this years players needing more practice time and development-- need to stop. Furthermnore, every player in America has to "manage" their class schedule, so I'm not buyiung that excuse either.

If Brooke doesn't show some positive results soon, I'm concerned that she will lose this team.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Based on what I've seen, Brooke S. is a very good coach who will get the job done. Frankly, I don't think we're particularly talented/good. Even the greatest coach can't "coach" a bunch of turkeys to soar like eagles. Keep in mind Brooke's NSU Lady Demons made this Techster team look pathetic last year.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What are you seeing that makes you believe she's the coach to do it? I'm just not feeling it. I wish I was. But I almost feel like she's "babying" the players too much. This isn't a high school team. They are grown women, and they need to learn to fight and compete like grown women.

The excuses about last years "mistress" taking time away from our players --and this years players needing more practice time and development-- need to stop. Furthermnore, every player in America has to "manage" their class schedule, so I'm not buyiung that excuse either.

If Brooke doesn't show some positive results soon, I'm concerned that she will lose this team.
    I'm eager to hear champion110's assessment, but I'm also curious about what you said. What led you to your "babying" idea?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I'm eager to hear champion110's assessment, but I'm also curious about what you said. What led you to your "babying" idea?
    When Brooke was hired, a big deal was made about how her "nurturing" style of coaching should be good for this team coming off the recent tragedy of losing their last coach. Many said that Brooke was a "players coach" who genuinely cares about her players. Okay.

Now it appears that these girls are getting a lot of excuses....just look at ACSLAtech1994's post above. We're hearing everything from "they didn't get much coaching last year", to "Brooke has said on a few pre-game shows that Kevione misses a lot of practice time due to her class schedule". WHAT? Good lord!! We have a player who "misses a lot of practice because of her CLASS SCHEDULE"? Are you kidding me? Did I miss the memo that said she's attending medical school while on a basketball scholarship?

This just sounds like a lot of "babying" the players to me.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

When Brooke was hired, a big deal was made about how her "nurturing" style of coaching should be good for this team coming off the recent tragedy of losing their last coach. Many said that Brooke was a "players coach" who genuinely cares about her players. Okay.

Now it appears that these girls are getting a lot of excuses....just look at ACSLAtech1994's post above. We're hearing everything from "they didn't get much coaching last year", to "Brooke has said on a few pre-game shows that Kevione misses a lot of practice time due to her class schedule". WHAT? Good lord!! We have a player who "misses a lot of practice because of her CLASS SCHEDULE"? Are you kidding me? Did I miss the memo that said she's attending medical school while on a basketball scholarship?

This just sounds like a lot of "babying" the players to me.
    Pretty sure its normal for athletes to miss practice at times for class. Has nothing to do with being babied.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Pretty sure its normal for athletes to miss practice at times for class. Has nothing to do with being babied.
    Do you know Leon Barmore personally? Well, I've had the pleasure. And something tells me that Leon wouldn't allow a lot of missed practice time.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Do you know Leon Barmore personally? Well, I've had the pleasure. And something tells me that Leon wouldn't allow a lot of missed practice time.
    No I don't, but I play Division 1 athletics back in my day, and plenty of us missed practice time due to class. Just how it is, I ain't here to argue, it happens in every sport. Call Skip Holtz, call Konkol, call Brooke, call Burroughs, it happens. Its on the player to come get their work in on their own, and with a new coach its even tougher because of a new system. If Moten isn't getting in the work, then that's why she isn't playing just like Brooke says. It ain't science. If you're not prepared to play, you wont play. Babying the girl for missing class would be telling her its ok, you can still play 30 min a night even though you aren't familiar with the whole system, but she barely plays.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    HogDawg, honestly can't say at the moment! I haven't seen (pardon the pun),
    any sighn of good coaching...
    If you ask if we have improved since the first game of the year to now, I would say NO!
    Allen is still listed on the roster, but is being punished for some team violations or something...
    They need to officially release her or let the girl play, she could have most definatly made a difference in some of these close games!
    I might also, ask where the heck is Gibson?
    FWIW - Allen is academically ineligible, another grad transfer that DID NOT take care of their business in the classroom...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

And honestly, we are just not very talented - Brooke has a tough task in front of her and she knows it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And honestly, we are just not very talented - Brooke has a tough task in front of her and she knows it...
    There's BIG difference between "not being talented", and being ranked #157 (or whatever it is). The later is just pathetic. We gotta get the mojo back.

There's BIG difference between "not being talented", and being ranked #157 (or whatever it is). The later is just pathetic. We gotta get the mojo back.
    Better talent, means better mojo...

They are bad HD, and have been bad for a long time now

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

We need lots of better players. That's the problem.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know whether that's true or not, but for most of his career, Leon coached under very different rules for academic eligibility.

+ Reply to Thread