+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: vs. Texas A&M

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: vs. Texas A&M

A&M along with their Big 12 officiating crew will make it a very tough game. I'm just glad we have a warm-up game to work out the kinks.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    I concur. Thats why I stated he has to make the plays at the end of spring and camp.

Hopefully, Ross can get out there and compete for the starting spot this Spring. That being said, I don't expect the starter to be decided until the Fall.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    A&M along with their Big 12 officiating crew will make it a very tough game. I'm just glad we have a warm-up game to work out the kinks.
    We may have to play harder to beat the Big 12 crew than the actual football team...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    lets not get ahead of ourselves. This is a new system and an early game in a hostile environment with most likely a new starter. We were all saying the same thing last year about the Auburn game and that didn't happen.

We are coming off a rough year. Everything I read says that A&M should be much improved from last season. They will have recruited to fill those voids in the passing game. I am sure this will be a little bit like AU last year. We will come in thinking we have more than we do and A&M will be better than advertised. I just hope that we are better at the beginning of next season than we were at the beginning of 09.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I agree. If he earns it after this, he deserves it.

We seem to play our best games when we are the underdogs. Auburn, Boise State, LSU. Everyone expected blowouts in those games, but look what happened. Even with the loss of many of our starters, we gave them a run for their money. All three of those games were lost in the 4th quarter. We even led LSU for the first time in school history.

If we'd played Nevada and Fresno like we played the top dogs, we might have had a few more wins.
    Not true. We beat lsu the very first time we played them I believe.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I won't be making any predictions at all this year. I learned my lesson after last year.:bigcry:

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

9/11/10 - @ Texas A&M

This game should be interesting. A&M went 6-7 last year, and ended with a crushing defeat in the Indy Bowl against UGA, 44-20.

Johnson is a scrambler. Tech's CBs have the speed and coverage ability to severely limit his air game, and that means that the line will have to compensate by shutting down the ground game and scrambles.

Tech has never beaten Texas A&M in the seven games they have played since 1981.

While the game against Grambling should be a given victory, this one will be a true test of Dykes' coaching skill.

However, the A&M offense is still very good, while the defense is lacking. If we can force turnovers and keep the chains moving, it should be a winnable game.

But a team coming off a 4-8 season and major coaching changes rarely breaks out a Cinderella season, and unless Tech's offense and defense go through an incredible maturation, these bragging rights will stay at College Station.

This was from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...techs-schedule breaking down our season next year.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

The defense didn't have major changes. We lost some guys but still have a lot of good ones. Same DC. If the offense can gel some, I believe it is definitely winnable.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    actually, the 4h. but he's wrong nonetheless.
    that was, however, the most points we've ever scored against them (and the least they've scored against us since 1913).
    still not a win, so not much to brag about.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I was going off of what I remembered of the ESPN commentators talking about it during the game. Which means they are wrong, because they said multiple times that this was the first time ever that Tech had come close to winning.
    Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    actually, the 4th.
    Stassen.com only has data back to 1904...Louisiana State vs. Louisiana Tech.

There are two games in 1904, within a week of each other. Can anyone explain this?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Stassen.com only has data back to 1904...Louisiana State vs. Louisiana Tech.

There are two games in 1904, within a week of each other. Can anyone explain this?
    i don't know. it was 1904 so it probably wasn't a big deal back then. after the first game, it probably went something like this:
    Tech guys: "i bet it would be a different story if we played in ruston with neutral refs."
    lsu guys: "ok, how about next week?"
    Tech guys: "it's on like a chicken bone"

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

I am waiting to get excited about beating A&M. My excitement will come, I just have to buy the new version of NCAA football for the PS3 and win a few national titles with Tech first. Then I figure, wow, we are so good in this game, we are gonna pull this one (A&M) off... man, I love Tech football.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    actually, the 4h. but he's wrong nonetheless.
    that was, however, the most points we've ever scored against them (and the least they've scored against us since 1913).
    still not a win, so not much to brag about.

As far as I know that was our first win in football ever.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    As far as I know that was our first win in football ever.
    Indeed. Before that, we had lost to LSU a few times, and both Arkansas and Tulane once. That LSU game was also the first time a Tech football team ever scored any points in a game.

Anyone else ever bothered by the fact that we've never beaten Tulane in football?

+ Reply to Thread