+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Tucker Commission

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Re: Tucker Commission

I didn't read the whole thing....maybe later. I can state, without much trepidation, that as a whole, college professors are the laziest bunch of do-nothing whiners I have ever encountered. OMG! 10 office hours/week??? How dare anyone expect them to keep that kind of grueling schedule? Ten whole hours a week? Grading tests? Wow, 2 to 4 exams/semester, most with grad students that do the work anyway!

Oh, whoa is me! Guess I'll have to hop a flight for Cancun, all expenses paid, and drink cocktails with other do-nothing professors as we complain that $120K is simply not enough if they want us to keep TEN office hours every frickin' week! (except during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and the three summer months, of course!)
    I have been debating how to respond to your comment here, but I really can't think of anything remotely nice to say other than that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I didn't read the whole thing....maybe later. I can state, without much trepidation, that as a whole, college professors are the laziest bunch of do-nothing whiners I have ever encountered. OMG! 10 office hours/week??? How dare anyone expect them to keep that kind of grueling schedule? Ten whole hours a week? Grading tests? Wow, 2 to 4 exams/semester, most with grad students that do the work anyway!

Oh, whoa is me! Guess I'll have to hop a flight for Cancun, all expenses paid, and drink cocktails with other do-nothing professors as we complain that $120K is simply not enough if they want us to keep TEN office hours every frickin' week! (except during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and the three summer months, of course!)
    Got that out of your system?

Just who do you think does all of Tech's nationally-renowned, ground-breaking research, D80?

Grad students?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrDawg View Post
    I have been debating how to respond to your comment here, but I really can't think of anything remotely nice to say other than that everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Say whatever you wish, nice or otherwise.

I'll state my point again: college professors have nothing to complain about, which I suppose, is the gist of that article (which I still haven't read) about UGA. OMG! they spend a few extra hours reading papers and/or reviewing dissertations! Wow! Say it ain't so!

Next time I'm driving in at 11PM, like last night, after putting in an 18-hour day, I'll remember how hard those over-paid, under-worked professors have it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Got that out of your system?

Just who do you think does all of Tech's nationally-renowned, ground-breaking research, D80?

Grad students?
    That's what the grad students want us to think . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

I'll state my point again: college professors have nothing to complain about, which I suppose, is the gist of that article (which I still haven't read) about UGA.
    How in the world can you comment so strongly on something you haven't read?

Nothing like the HogDawg school of internet non-interacting.

I thought the article was a little histrionic, but compared to the response . . .

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    How in the world can you comment so strongly on something you haven't read?

Nothing like the HogDawg school of internet non-interacting.

I thought the article was a little histrionic, but compared to the response . . .
    Because I don't have to read a whiny-azz article lamenting about poor ole profs to comment. I interact everyday with college profs. I know the truth.

Not all college profs are whiny-azz, mind you. I know several who acknowledge they have cushy jobs and they appreciate it very much. They don't mind doing a little extra, like "working" weekends for rallies and when high school students are visiting their campus. They understand those are their customers.

I am only railing against those college profs who do complain. And, I know several personally. One rolls in at 11:45 am every day, just in time to organize a group going to lunch for 1 1/2 hours. She has a 2PM class, else she'd stay longer at lunch.... Then, OMG! she bitches when the Dean dares to send out an email message asking for volunteers to "work" extras, like rallies, etc...

My Cancun example is personal experience. I know of what I speak.

Do your job, and STFU. That's all.

Okay....knew I shouldn't have, but did it anyway, I read it. OMG! This guy is an azzhole. Wonder if he's related to another Cobb in Georgia history. Wonder if this guy, who claims to be a historian, even knows of whom I refer?

Of course! it's the Tea Party's fault!

Now I'm really mad!

BTW, not that I don't agree that higher ed needs to be "protected" against draconian budget cuts. But, take it from the fluff found on all campuses, especially the big land-grants, and shore up the essentials. Oh, and quit complaining....least you have a job, even with short furloughs.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Sorry D80. I posted the link primarily because I thought it was a hoot.

Didnt mean to get ya all hot and bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Sorry D80. I posted the link primarily because I thought it was a hoot.

Didnt mean to get ya all hot and bothered.
    Nah, it's okay. Sad thing is, that Cobb guy is serious! He's part of the problem.

+ Reply to Thread