+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football. Louisiana Tech-Tulane Game Moved to Thursday, Sept. 12 for TV - latechsport

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech-Tulane Game Moved to Thursday, Sept. 12 for TV - latechs

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Just curious, why do you need three days off?
    I would...

1) WED - fly after work
    2) THUR - tailgate and watch football
    3) FRI - flyout
    4) SAT - hangout out at the house, watch college football, and drink beer
    5) SUN - same as Saturday but watch NFL

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech-Tulane Game Moved to Thursday, Sept. 12 for TV - latechs

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I would...

1) WED - fly after work
    3) FRI - flyout
    So you take Thursday and Friday off?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    So you take Thursday and Friday off?
    Yes, if I had to fly.

Living in Little Rock, I'll drive down Wednesday evening after work and taking a vacation day on Thrus and half day Friday.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunately not an option for me. And BTW when lived in LR a few years ago I drove down after work and went to work (late) on Thrsday. But now in Fort Wayne that's, not an option for me must take off (plane) at 12:30 to make it there Wed so must leave my work at 10:00. No worries though I just reserved my room for the Lamar game instead. UGH Lamar. The things I do to watch this football team. Oh well on the bright side I am now suddenly one week closer to seeing my dogs!
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I would...

1) WED - fly after work
    3) FRI - flyout

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Save some money, and drive it wednesday night. I do a 13 hour drive every couple of weeks. It's nothing. You should be able to make it in one stop if your tank is big enough.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Hang in there, RUBLUE. The same thing happened to me last year with the A&M game that was rescheduled because of Isaac. Traveling to and from Shreveport is difficult enough as it is, but changing game times makes it very hard to make it to games. Hopefully you haven't already paid for your ticket.

I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but if the Ruston airport would expand a little and become more of a "regional" airport, it would give Tech and Ruston a big boost. Not sure what impact it would have on game attendance, but I'm sure it would help some. I know I would pay to fly to Ruston instead of S'port or Monroe.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

OK --there was a whole thread surrounding some high school Jamboree on saturday that Shreveport set up to ruin Tech-Tulane game ( at least a few posts said that) . Take that Shreveport!! I just hope the Thursday exposure is close to last yrs super feedback.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Hang in there, RUBLUE. The same thing happened to me last year with the A&M game that was rescheduled because of Isaac. Traveling to and from Shreveport is difficult enough as it is, but changing game times makes it very hard to make it to games. Hopefully you haven't already paid for your ticket.

I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but if the Ruston airport would expand a little and become more of a "regional" airport, it would give Tech and Ruston a big boost. Not sure what impact it would have on game attendance, but I'm sure it would help some. I know I would pay to fly to Ruston instead of S'port or Monroe.
    As soon as lawmakers can figure out a way to grab the land necessary and re-route a highway, the south runway can be extended the necessary length for such a "regional" designation.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

With the ATC tower closures happening, I don't see any expanding happening anytime soon.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    As soon as lawmakers can figure out a way to grab the land necessary and re-route a highway, the south runway can be extended the necessary length for such a "regional" designation.
    Is that something that's in the works or is that just your observation? (thread hijack in progress)

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

That's what has held up getting a runway long enough for a fully loaded football team (with sweaty equipment) jet to launch.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The Silly Season has officially begun...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Would be much more concerned if no Tech home games were changed for TV...that would be a sure sign of a program not in the elite of the conference.

I fully expect at least one more home game...most likely USM...not to be played at 6:00 PM CT. I look for that one to either be at 11:00 AM or 7:00 PM.

This is what we have been wanting for years...let's complain a bit, get it out of everyone's system, and let's move on.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Damn! Damn! Damn! This SUCKS!!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Opens up my Saturday for GOLF!!!!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread