+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Spring Practice

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Spring Practice

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It's one rule that will be discussed. http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...t-in-Touchback
    The new kickoff rule has been approved along with the other rules listed in the proposal.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...-rule-approved

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Elliot was just about the worst player on the field yesterday. Turnovers and he looked slow when he tried running the ball himself.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Terry Bradshaw threw 11 picks

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I thought J'Mar looked like he looked most of last year. He can throw the ball a mile, but he's inaccurate and struggles with what should be routine by now. Elliot seemed to do well with timing throws, but he's limited physically (we left before the interceptions). I thought Walker looked like he might be the best of the three while I was watching, but nobody really shown (shined?) at QB. This is not unique to us. A lot of QBs look bad in Spring ball.

McKnight is too slow for the read option. Period. The same was true of Craft last year. I don't know why we insist on running it with personnel that it doesn't fit. Dancy looked decent, but I thought Tucker was the most explosive back. I thought Powell and Belton looked good at WR. I don't recall noticing anybody else. As others have said, some of J'Mar's best throws were dropped.

The few special teams that were on display were ROUGH.

I didn't notice much on Defense other than the fact that #21 is at another level as far as being a competitor.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Punting was better than the FG and extra point kicking.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Take a look at this gallery in the Louisiana Tech University Athletics media library using the following link:

https://latechsportsphotos.photoshel...ig/Spring-game

Thanks!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Terry Bradshaw threw 11 picks
    is there anyway to block a poster? been giving you benefit of doubt in homes you would post something worth reading but I officially give up.
    Terry was in town for alumn on Friday and Saturday-- my grandson and I were in new broadcast room for early part of Spring Game--my grandson (10) had more information about our team than most folks-- went to baseball game after ( ugly game)-then Mudbugs playoff game Saturday night. posts like yours are pretty much worthless-- at least half dozen dumb posts about Terry --you do not even come close . so for you to come close in future lame post-

At Tech 42 picks 39 tds
    NFL 210 picks 212 regular season TDS
    super bowls 4 picks and 9 tds

good luck in future wasting our time

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Punting was better than the FG and extra point kicking.
    consistently punting ball around the 10 yard line. Heck, we missed extra points and did not have the distance on a 40 yard line attempt --spooky

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I thought J'Mar looked like he looked most of last year. He can throw the ball a mile, but he's inaccurate and struggles with what should be routine by now. Elliot seemed to do well with timing throws, but he's limited physically (we left before the interceptions). I thought Walker looked like he might be the best of the three while I was watching, but nobody really shown (shined?) at QB. This is not unique to us. A lot of QBs look bad in Spring ball.

McKnight is too slow for the read option. Period. The same was true of Craft last year. I don't know why we insist on running it with personnel that it doesn't fit. Dancy looked decent, but I thought Tucker was the most explosive back. I thought Powell and Belton looked good at WR. I don't recall noticing anybody else. As others have said, some of J'Mar's best throws were dropped.

The few special teams that were on display were ROUGH.

I didn't notice much on Defense other than the fact that #21 is at another level as far as being a competitor.
    for what its worth Walker had shoulder issue--he only threw 5 passes and pulled -he was the buzz after-- many of us went to baseball game after and he was the main topic ( other than wr and qb issue). I will never question Tim and Skip but as just a fan -- Walker looks like the real deal. Beside the 2 lame picks in red zone our backup qb had a third close call trying to throw ball out of bounds - Blue team dropped it
    Connor Taylor had 5 tackles in limited action --

like your post - everything made sense to me which should upset you ---
    Last edited by Dogsince65; 04-15-2018 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spell

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    like your post - everything made sense to me which should upset you ---

I'm not upset, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Oh! Oh! There ya go! Let it all out bud!

Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Old white people running the world aaaaaaaaa national guard sent to our own border truuuuump!
    OOPS -- such an idiot presuming!!! I am a lifetime democrat because that is how yo had to be in LA years ago. last vote by partyline was JFK ( most catholics did--especially those of us in seminary) -- I learned over years that chicken in every pot (LBJ) helped very few and created dependency . spent 18 yrs floating around military bases and voted independent because I find Trump offensive and going to hurt during mid term ( do not have time to explain mid term to you) - I have been on campaign committee for Don Hathaway - our democratic Sherriff and die hard Tech supporter and Republic mayor. YOU really show your stupidity when you assume us old white folks are out of touch-- I pay for my BLACK granddaughters private Catholic school in Baton Rouge so she can reduce the issues she is exposed to. For 35 years I have been delivering food threw Christian services -a Court appointed special advocate for 10 years and president of Kiwanis for 15 years. why mention? because most of the volunteers are OLD WHITE GUYS -- I often disagree with older white posters but knowing background of many I respect them --

New York times research has shown that 66% of modern generation ( 18-34) have no idea of what Holocaust ( over 6 million jew-gays-catholics) gassed . 72% thought Hitler took over by force ( so you will know--he was elected) -- going to leave it at that- when I was your in 20s we lost friends to Viet Nam and majority of the old white guys you choose to ridicule served so you could be whiney poster--which is easier than saying it in front of us-- Now that is "let it out bud" --

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

I'm not upset, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned!
    If your concern is about our passing offense I am 100% with you-- I expected a lot more yesterday --

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Did that a long time ago.
    taking that as clever comeback--- not going to try and explain why at this point in life I care less about most impressions-- last 12 months I have been to New Zealand for 10 days- Australia3 weeks (took granddaughter ) San Fran- Headed to New York Friday and be there for week with Blackrock who is largest money managers in world ( over 6 trillion in assets) . all of these funded in large by major firms - my best friend is a liberal democract and supports Tech with significant donations -- I tend to listen to other folks opinions and .... believe the definition of a fool is someone not open to information.. I do love Lafayette --had office there for 15 years-- drove down weekly -- wont fall back on the days when I taught English at Tech ( grad asst ) --

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I've noticed the "Tim and Skip" mention a few times. Are you suggesting our HC, Skip consults Tim before making a decision and that Tim agrees that Smith is our best option?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes, we get it. You were extremely happy for LA Tech to finish the season 6-6, including three embarrassing late game 1-point losses to UAB, UNT & USC, as well as suffering a double OT late, late, late, comeback loss to USM. With a record like that, it was obvious that we didn't need to change a thing or consider any other options. We get it.
    poor-poor HogDawg--lover of twisting posts--reason I am #2 disliked poster on BBB-- I am a realist -- we had 75 players hurt and a transition year-- lost too many 1 point games and somehow you assume those of us die-hard supporters were "extremely happy"-ANYONE WHO KNOWS US DIE HARDS WERE CONTENT" just living in there own goofy world-- when you support a program for 52 plus years with assets and physical support you do not be EXTREMELY HAPPY ( what a goofball) -- you are a realist and accept that whining never fixes anything -- we all saw your pick for QB Saturday--want to post about that?? Guess what -- I am hoping for great year --we have 4 tough games and I accept that-- no matter how year goes I will be back next year hoping for great year and you will continue to be ripping team, coaches and fans who REFUSE to post nothing but negative -twisted crap-- switched my logo to Sunshine Alfred E Newman to warn folks there will be exaggerated support of program--its who I have been for 50 plus years--

+ Reply to Thread