+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holtz's New Contract Done

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Holtz's New Contract Done

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I know of three it has come into play with. None of them are here any longer. Two of those were under Dykes. There is a reason Holtz wants contracts for his assistant coaches and that reason is the assistants want them.

Also, multi-year contracts are becoming a thing for coordinators so maybe he wants that for some of his guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So we lost them because they didn't have one year contracts? My original question to you was how do the one year contracts help? Seriously...explain. You don't have to use a name, just give an example of how it might help us keep a coach.
    Gooddawg can't name names because he's making this crap up.

Here's the Dykes era coaching staff...

2010 2011 2012
    HC Dykes Dykes Dykes
    OC Franklin Franklin Franklin
    DC Spangler Spangler Spangler
    WR Likens Likens Likens
    DL Eggen Eggen Eggen
    RB Ingram Ingram Ingram
    LB Koonz Koonz Koonz
    CB Curtis Curtis Curtis
    OL Perot Perot Perot
    ST/IR Tommerdahl Tommerdahl Tommerdahl
    S&C Harrington Harrington Harrington

Same 11 coaches on staff all 3 years with only the HC under contract.

Not a single assistant left under Dykes.

Spangler turned down the DC job at Washington State to stay at Tech without a contract, and I'm sure our other assistants had promotion offers to leave, too.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Gooddawg can't name names because he's making this crap up.

Here's the Dykes era coaching staff...

2010 2011 2012
    HC Dykes Dykes Dykes
    OC Franklin Franklin Franklin
    DC Spangler Spangler Spangler
    WR Likens Likens Likens
    DL Eggen Eggen Eggen
    RB Ingram Ingram Ingram
    LB Koonz Koonz Koonz
    CB Curtis Curtis Curtis
    OL Perot Perot Perot
    ST/IR Tommerdahl Tommerdahl Tommerdahl
    S&C Harrington Harrington Harrington

Same 11 coaches on staff all 3 years with only the HC under contract.

Not a single assistant left under Dykes.

Spangler turned down the DC job at Washington State to stay at Tech without a contract, and I'm sure our other assistants had promotion offers to leave, too.
    In retrospect, I wish Spangler would have taken that WashSt. job, I imagine 2012 was a bad blemish on his record, and 2011 was the high point of his career. I still think he was a good DC, but his defense got submitted to the TexasTech treatment all season...

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Go back and reread post #26. I said there might be a few exceptions, and I specifically named Tim Rattay as one. Again...it's about DEMAND. If a coach is in high demand you may consider putting them under contract.
    Quote blindness.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    In retrospect, I wish Spangler would have taken that WashSt. job, I imagine 2012 was a bad blemish on his record, and 2011 was the high point of his career. I still think he was a good DC, but his defense got submitted to the TexasTech treatment all season...
    Yea he is an example of why coaches should jump at the better offers. You are one year away from the end of your career.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Yea he is an example of why coaches should jump at the better offers. You are one year away from the end of your career.
    Spangler's career didn't end. He's the head coach at Presby now.

http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticl...CLID=206564260

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Good for him, glad to see him land on his feet

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Gone back to where we got him from.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I never said we lost them because they were not on contract just that it was an issue with them. They wanted contracts, that is all I can say. Maybe they didn't want them to run from June to July, but they wanted contracts and I understand that. It's not too hard to figure out. If you get hired in June and fired in December without a contract you don't get paid in January or until you find another job. I guess I was giving you guys too much credit...

I never said we lost them because they were not on contract just that it was an issue with them. They wanted contracts, that is all I can say. Maybe they didn't want them to run from June to July, but they wanted contracts and I understand that. It's not too hard to figure out. If you get hired in June and fired in December without a contract you don't get paid in January or until you find another job. I guess I was giving you guys too much credit...
    I suppose Manny Diaz would have appreciated one, especially after his mid-year treatment by Texas...

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I am not sure what your point is. I assume Diaz had a contract with Texas and was paid by them whatever he was owed.

I am not sure what your point is. I assume Diaz had a contract with Texas and was paid by them whatever he was owed.
    Well I assume a contract decreases the chance you will be fired mid-year like Texas did to him. If he was paid for the firing, then I'm sure that had something to do with the contract.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We never lost a coach during the years you referenced other than S&C. That must be your source

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We never lost a coach during the years you referenced other than S&C. That must be your source
    We didn't even lose our S&C coach during those years.

During the Dykes/Holtz era (last 7+ years)...
    - Tech has not fired a single football coach.
    - Not a single assistant left for a lateral or lesser job.
    - Nobody left during Dykes era.
    - Assistants who left under Holtz either moved up in conference or took a promotion to HC or OC at lower conference.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    If he had gone to WSU, his defenses would have been subjected to the "Texas Tech treatment" as well. Leach is even more pass happy than Dykes.

I assume his 2011 success while coordinating across from an Air Raid attack is what would have appealed to Leach to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    If he had gone to WSU, his defenses would have been subjected to the "Texas Tech treatment" as well. Leach is even more pass happy than Dykes.

I assume his 2011 success while coordinating across from an Ari Raid attack is what would have appealed to Leach to begin with.
    True, but he probably would have left that program with a bit more cash. But you are correct

+ Reply to Thread