+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Athletes

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Athletes

I had no idea we had that many freshman. I suppose that's about right with three feeder schools though. Riser has been off a bit, but WR and GH are both sending around 30 each year.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

I just quickly counted the names on the OleRebel rosters. Didn't check for duplication. Also, it showed 2011, not the 2012 rosters (per the titles)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    I just quickly counted the names on the OleRebel rosters. Didn't check for duplication. Also, it showed 2011, not the 2012 rosters (per the titles)
    That sounds about right. I just had never thought about the Freshman as being separate. Only a few of them get to play varsity.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

West Monroe now has 2,121 students, as of the cutoff date for reclassification numbers.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    West Monroe now has 2,121 students, as of the cutoff date for reclassification numbers.
    Which makes them the 4th largest school in the state behind Lafayette, Jesuit, and C.E. Byrd.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The classification 5A, 4A, etc... is based on the number of male students, not total students. Er.....I think. In most cases, there are more girls than boys in high schools.

Of course, if I'm right, and I ain't sure I am, then basing it on male students only, could affect the girls' teams. (not that Maddawg will care). Meaning, what if a school would play in 4A, but due to the number of boys, is in 5A, and thus the girls' teams, hoops, softball, etc.. has to compete against tougher competition.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The classification 5A, 4A, etc... is based on the number of male students, not total students. Er.....I think. In most cases, there are more girls than boys in high schools.

Of course, if I'm right, and I ain't sure I am, then basing it on male students only, could affect the girls' teams. (not that Maddawg will care). Meaning, what if a school would play in 4A, but due to the number of boys, is in 5A, and thus the girls' teams, hoops, softball, etc.. has to compete against tougher competition.
    Classification is based on total number of students.

I don't have a problem with women sports. Never have. I have a problem with WBB being labled the "flagship sport" of our university.

How could a big fan of the old Catholic Leagues not know how they figure classification?

The classify them based on total enrollment.

They double the enrollement to place single gender schools.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Classification is based on total enrollment. Private all-boy and all-girl schools have their enrollment doubled to set their classification.

West Monroe is the fourth-largest school in the state, and has nearly as many boys as some of the larger 4A schools have total number of students.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It's the same thing! Still depends on # of boys. You can either take the raw numbers, and compare apples to apples, or double all-boy private schools, to compare apples to apples. Same difference.

It's the same thing! Still depends on # of boys. You can either take the raw numbers, and compare apples to apples, or double all-boy private schools, to compare apples to apples. Same difference.
    No D80, it isn't the same.

The number of girls could bump a school up the next classification.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

And that makes sense. So, what's the problem again???

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Classification is based on total number of students.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No D80, it isn't the same.

And that makes sense. So, what's the problem again???
    I realize you are just being complicated, but you started this conversation by saying the number of male students is what they base the numbers on. They don't use male numbers.

Right.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

It honestly has more to do with coaching than anything else. Look at my alma mater Haynesville for a good example. Not a large pool to draw from, but they have consistently made the playoffs for I think approaching 30 years now, which is pretty incredible if you ask me.

+ Reply to Thread