+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Kelly

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Joe Kelly

Alright baseball peeps - what do you think about this suspension? I haven't played since t-ball and have therefore always been a little out of the loop on the unwritten rules/norms of baseball (I've always thought the uproars over bat-flips or staring at home runs or whatever way overblown and puzzling).

If they suspended him over the inside pitches only based on his history - I'd get that. But it seems they suspended him for making "you're a big baby" faces. I mean, that's arguably pretty childish, but is it something that should earn a suspension?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: Joe Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Alright baseball peeps - what do you think about this suspension? I haven't played since t-ball and have therefore always been a little out of the loop on the unwritten rules/norms of baseball (I've always thought the uproars over bat-flips or staring at home runs or whatever way overblown and puzzling).

If they suspended him over the inside pitches only based on his history - I'd get that. But it seems they suspended him for making "you're a big baby" faces. I mean, that's arguably pretty childish, but is it something that should earn a suspension?
    maybe the taunting made it undeniable that he was aiming for their heads on purpose? seems like that's sufficient for a suspension. also, speaking as an astros fan, he should be making the "you're a big baby" faces at all the people (himself included) that are still crying about the astros getting caught doing the same thing literally every team does.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

The suspension is fine, it will be appealed.......likely to 4-6 games....... Hes a bullpen guy so its not bad

But that the cheating players are not being punished is a joke. Baseball self governs, but when the Judge (Kelly) hands down punishment, he gets suspended. Pro sports are stupid

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

I only cheer for the Astro's, but com'n MLB. Any suspension for Tuesday's events is stupid.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    maybe the taunting made it undeniable that he was aiming for their heads on purpose? seems like that's sufficient for a suspension. also, speaking as an astros fan, he should be making the "you're a big baby" faces at all the people (himself included) that are still crying about the astros getting caught doing the same thing literally every team does.
    For reals!!!! It is a whole lot of the pot calling the kettle black.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I consider myself a Cards fan (although in practice I certainly follow the Rangers more closely). In either case, no sympathy for the Astros and their cheating.

But this article seems to imply the suspension was deserved for throwing at batters (which I think you could make a case for). Personally, I would be ok with baseball suspending players for violating whatever the intentional throwing at batter rule is to whatever extent those rules would normally require. But if they suspended him (even in part) for mouthing off that's pretty weak.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I consider myself a Cards fan
    I consider myself a carbs fan.

Pasta & rice in particular. (Does beer count?)

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Bread is huge problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

In general I could take or leave bread other than just something to hold the sandwich together and reduce the mess. Don't really go crazy about cake either. But noodles/pasta - that's another story.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Going on 9 months w/out sugar and very few carbs. Sugar is poison and I am addicted to it.

The suspension was ridiculous. I'm sick of the MLB and the players union.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

If the admin had acted this way back in the day Nolan Ryan would have stayed suspended...and think about how long they'd have suspended Randy Johnson for smoking that bird!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Bread is huge problem for me.
    The “whites” of breadS, pastas, rice, sugar, dairy (ice cream) and potatoes are a downfall for me.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Sugar is poison and I am addicted to it.

The suspension was ridiculous. I'm sick of the MLB and the players union.
    100% agreement here. But I’m hating on all professional sports these days. And that new NBA court I saw while surfing made me ill. All lives and life in general matter.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    You know sign stealing in baseball is legal? What the Astros did was deemed illegal. As far as the suspension, way overboard. 8 games in a 60 game season, that's 13.33% of the season. Equal to 21.6 games in a normal 162 game regular season. You see this year baseball is only playing 60 games this year in response to covid 19. Manfred (MLB commissioner) did say MLB was going to drop the hammer on any team punishing the Astros for cheating, since he gave them a pass on cheating. I think Bill Belichick (he is also a cheater) must be a consultant for the Astros.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    You know sign stealing in baseball is legal? What the Astros did was deemed illegal. As far as the suspension, way overboard. 8 games in a 60 game season, that's 13.33% of the season. Equal to 21.6 games in a normal 162 game regular season. You see this year baseball is only playing 60 games this year in response to covid 19. Manfred (MLB commissioner) did say MLB was going to drop the hammer on any team punishing the Astros for cheating, since he gave them a pass on cheating. I think Bill Belichick (he is also a cheater) must be a consultant for the Astros.
    you're making my point for me. the thing the astros did was arbitrarily deemed to be illegal -- it's not even technically against the rules!
    don't get me wrong: i still feel like it's cheating, i hate that the astros did it, and i'm glad they got caught. i just get bothered by the holier-than-thou attitude of other teams' players and fans. they do the same thing -- they're just mad the astros found a better way!

intentionally throwing at a player's head, on the other hand, is borderline attempted assault, and the league should punish it accordingly.

+ Reply to Thread