+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Last Big Win?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Last Big Win?

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    In an out-of-the-box view, winning end of year bowl games in DFW every year is a really Big Win. Continue this trend over the next 5, 8, 10 years and see the results. Can Tech capitalize on this?
    Dooley did a lot of great things for Tech -- changed the 4 "money game" scheduling- opening up eyes on what we need to recruit 3 star players- got athletic dorms upgraded - - started raising $$ for stadium --- not arguing that he was a good coach but here is something I will praise him:

when Dooley started recruiting you could go back f0r 10 years and we might have signed 1-2 s star players of 10 years -- Dooley began signing a lot of 3 star recruits and we have continued that since. DJDAWG is right-- getting 3 star recruits and now 4 Bowl wins combined with stadium upgrades is setting a great trend-- Great time to be a Tech fan --

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And, if you're a HS player you'd have to be wowed! by that monumental beat down Tech put on. It was a complete and total domination, from the team on the field, to the bands, and to the fans, since we out-numbered theirs. Also, the Tech players were having fun! The high-fiving, the celebrating... seems to me some 17-18 yr old kid would have been impressed and would want to be a part of all that fun!
    Great post-- green for you -- pushing 70 here and I was impressed and fun being part of it--

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Dooley did a lot of great things for Tech -- changed the 4 "money game" scheduling-
    4 money games? In the Bicknell years we had only had more than three money games one time and that included a trip to Miami which was part of the 2 for 1 deal. In two of Bicknell's years we only had two money games. Actually Dooley only wanted one money game each year.

As you know, multiple money games were directly related to not being in a conference.

Interesting bit of trivia...to this day we've never learned how much we had to pay Cal for the 2nd game that we never returned as part of that 2 for 1 deal.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    4 money games? In the Bicknell years we had only had more than three money games one time and that included a trip to Miami which was part of the 2 for 1 deal. In two of Bicknell's years we only had two money games. Actually Dooley only wanted one money game each year.

As you know, multiple money games were directly related to not being in a conference.

Interesting bit of trivia...to this day we've never learned how much we had to pay Cal for the 2nd game that we never returned as part of that 2 for 1 deal.
    We settled that debt by giving them our great coach, Sonny Dykes!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We settled that debt by giving them our great coach, Sonny Dykes!
    Haha, no kidding, no telling how many millions that cost them because of all those losses.

. 2004 -You make it to easy— google is such a wonderful tool—2004 Tennessee -miami -Auburn - #17 Fresno. #16 Boise
    1999 Florida State. Texas AM USC Alabama
    — all on road and I made all 4 ,,
    Over 2 year period we played Nebraska Texas AM Clemson Penn State Auburn Miami Not counting an undefeated Tulane team that destroyed a really good Tech team on thanksgiving day at Superdome ( Sportsdawg with me at that one) and a Boise team that was ranked

Probable for you is that you are challenging a guy who went to most of those games— flew out to most of them. You invent stuff— I lived it. AD at time retired as Senator J Bennett Johnson chief of staff— we were desparate for $$ and these games were $$ games—

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

65 from the top rope!

Reread your post PawDawg and apologize for being such a smart ass—after reading it again I realize nothing you posted was wrong — my biggest error was misreading the part that in 2 years of Bicknell we only had 2 $$ games— I made mistake thinking you posted we only had 2 $$ games year - not what you said and I apologize for twisting what you said. One thing for sure— you and I are on same side and lived thru the growing pains of those years...we have never gave up on our passion for Tech

Hurt myself — I pulled a MSNBC on PawDawg - misread his post and twisted what he posted — I stick with my info but line about “ invent stuff” was nasty and mean— not who I am and I apologize for that line

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . 2004 -You make it to easy— google is such a wonderful tool—2004 Tennessee -miami -Auburn - #17 Fresno. #16 Boise
    No argument from me, especially the 90's (I try to forget the Big West years, too) when we were independent...but the Fresno and Boise games were conference games, right? Don't think those qualify as money games.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    No argument from me, especially the 90's (I try to forget the Big West years, too) when we were independent...but the Fresno and Boise games were conference games, right? Don't think those qualify as money games.
    And to add to your post - the 2004 Miami game wasn't a money game. It was the final game in a 3 game, 2 for 1 contract (2000 and 2004 in Miami; 2003 in Shreveport). Tech got only $150,000 for the 2004 trip at a time where the going rate for money games was $400,000 to $700,000.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    And to add to your post - the 2004 Miami game wasn't a money game. It was the final game in a 3 game, 2 for 1 contract (2000 and 2004 in Miami; 2003 in Shreveport). Tech got only $150,000 for the 2004 trip at a time where the going rate for money games was $400,000 to $700,000.
    Yeah, I should have gone into more detail I reckon.

Did you ever hear anything on the final return game to Cal?

+ Reply to Thread