+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SGA Prez Email

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: SGA Prez Email

Back to the SGA Prez --

Good intent. Poor form.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Good intent. Poor form.

Is this one of those passive agressive things where you won't say it, but you're trying to get everyone else to?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Is this one of those passive agressive things where you won't say it, but you're trying to get everyone else to?
    ummm -- no.

I'm not a girl.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    It passed, but it certainly wasn't easy. If this latest attempt had failed the prospects of bringing it back up for a vote were over. Basically, the future of Ruston was hanging in the balance. It took a year-long effort led by Mickey McHale along with local business owners, students and concerned citizens who were tired of watching Lincoln/Ruston entertainment dollars help finance W.Monroes' I-20 development.

It seems easy in retrospect, but yeah I was chewed out by a little old lady and her church group at the polls after I voted for it.

"You college student's are ruining Ruston, if this passes this town will become a den of sinners and the many innocents will be killed by drunk driving college students!"

I just laughed and kept walking

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    It seems easy in retrospect, but yeah I was chewed out by a little old lady and her church group at the polls after I voted for it.

"You college student's are ruining Ruston, if this passes this town will become a den of sinners and the many innocents will be killed by drunk driving college students!"

I just laughed and kept walking
    I wonder if that that old biddy knows that polling place harrasment is a federal felony.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I wonder if that that old biddy knows that polling place harrasment is a federal felony.

Probably wouldn't care she was being a Christian Soldier and going to jail for it would just make her the talk of her knitting circle. In the end the measure passed and suprise, none of what she predicted happened. In fact Ruston has grown by leaps an bounds since then, and getting back to the original topic would this law and the growth it's spurred have happened if Dan Hollingsworth (Mayor then and now) had been anti-Tech and stood against it? Probably not, I'm just curious does this girl have a beef with the current Mayor or have ties to another candidate?

With statements about needing to better represent student interests/wants in Ruston and focusing on the Mayoral race you are implying that the current/recent mayor has not been concerned with student interests/wants and needs to be voted out.

This couldn't be farther from the truth and makes me think one of 3 things;
    She has a horse in this race
    Has an issue with Hollingsworth (whether personal or political party)
    Is uneducated on the issues

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Probably wouldn't care she was being a Christian Soldier and going to jail for it would just make her the talk of her knitting circle. In the end the measure passed and suprise, none of what she predicted happened. In fact Ruston has grown by leaps an bounds since then, and getting back to the original topic would this law and the growth it's spurred have happened if Dan Hollingsworth (Mayor then and now) had been anti-Tech and stood against it? Probably not, I'm just curious does this girl have a beef with the current Mayor or have ties to another candidate?

With statements about needing to better represent student interests/wants in Ruston and focusing on the Mayoral race you are implying that the current/recent mayor has not been concerned with student interests/wants and needs to be voted out.

This.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Anyone who writes a letter like that has never been outside the confines of their dorm room/classroom. I know it has been much worse, but even when I got to Tech in the Fall of '03, there was a lot less to do than there is now.
    Since then:
    Chillis
    Applebees
    Movie Theater
    Lowes(most college kids could care less)
    Canes
    WoW
    102 a Bistro
    Raw
    Counter Culture

Im sure there are many more, but these are the major ones.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

But still. As her being the SGA president, she has a responsiblity to be non-bias toward thing like this. No matter how she feel about the subject, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    But still. As her being the SGA president, she has a responsiblity to be non-bias toward thing like this. No matter how she feel about the subject, personally.
    Being non-biased is one thing, being completely ignorant and oblivious is another...

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

My guess is that she was either told to start a voter registration drive by somebody higher up at Tech, or it's a statewide initiative started by the Louisiana Council of Student Body Presidents.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Here is the official city ordinance:

Sec. 5-3. Closing hours.
    Between the hours of 12:00 midnight on Saturday and 6:00 a.m. on the following Monday morning, or between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m. on the following morning, it shall be unlawful for any retail dealer to sell, offer to sell, dispense or give away any beverages of either low or high alcoholic content within the city. If the sale of low or high alcoholic content beverages and/or admission or cover charges to the facility constitutes a majority of the gross receipts of any retail dealer, then at the hours set forth in this section, the business establishment shall be closed and the dealer shall cause the customers and patrons to leave the premises not later than 12:15 a.m., and shall securely lock all of the entrance doors to the building or other facilities where the high or low alcoholic beverages are sold or dispensed.
    (Ord. No. 1395, § 1, 12-17-2002)

Sec. 1-7. Amendments.
    (a) Amendments to any of the provisions of this Code may be made by amending such provisions by specific reference to the section number of this Code in substantially the following language: "That section ________ of the Code of Ordinances, City of Ruston, Louisiana, is amended to read as follows: . . . ." The new provisions shall then be set out in full as desired.

BTW, I couldn't find anything in the current city ordinance code that prohibits girls from living in a sorority house or defining a brothel as more than 7 girls living in a house. It's possible that it's written in a cryptic message I didn't see, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    BTW, I couldn't find anything in the current city ordinance code that prohibits girls from living in a sorority house or defining a brothel as more than 7 girls living in a house. It's possible that it's written in a cryptic message I didn't see, though.
    Try the parish code.

Try the parish code.
    Can't find the parish code. Do you have a link?

+ Reply to Thread