+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dooley Dismisses Melancon From Bulldog Team - latechsports.com

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: Dooley Dismisses Melancon From Bulldog Team - latechsports.com

I am one of the people who had high hopes for this guy. I was told that he could play for any team in the SEC. I was also told that, in practice, he embarrassed every OL we had---just abused them. I do know that we tried every way known to modern man to motivate this fellow to do right in school as well as in his personal life. Some have said that we probably stayed too long with this guy &, in hindsight, that is correct. You would be really surprised at the length us coaches will go to in trying to get a guy with this ability eligible to play. I know this because I have done it before myself.

My biggest regret that, in doing what he is accused of doing, he dishonored our football program & our great university as well as himself. And that, my dear friends, causes me great personal pain!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I agree. This kid didn't work out.
    Personally, I like knowing Dooley tried to help this kid. If only one child is truely helped it is one more than before. I hope this child finds a person in his life to help mold him into the man we all strive to be, and soon.
    This person is no child. That beautiful little girl you kiss goodnight every night is a child. This is a man who knew what he was doing when he was doing it, and I'd be willing to be had done similar several times before.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    This person is no child. That beautiful little girl you kiss goodnight every night is a child. This is a man who knew what he was doing when he was doing it, and I'd be willing to be had done similar several times before.
    I am not defending his actions, but, any person that makes those types of decisions isn't mature enough to be called a man. Sadly, he may never truely grow up. And he will have to pay the price like a man.

Life is a gift and it just saddens me when people waste it.

But it's time to move on.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Dooley needs to quit taking these transfers and recruit high school players. There's a reason kids transfer from other schools.
    There are many reasons kids transfer from other schools.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I feel bad for those who got there stuff stolen by Melancon.
    On campus last year, my car was broken into twice, and both times my stereo was stolen. The second occasion was exactly one year from this incident... Feb. 14.... And the Tech Police never found my stereos or discovered who the criminal was.........

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    On campus last year, my car was broken into twice, and both times my stereo was stolen. The second occasion was exactly one year from this incident... Feb. 14.... And the Tech Police never found my stereos or discovered who the criminal was.........
    I dare you to go confront Melancon and make him admit that he stole your stereo!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDawg View Post
    I dare you to go confront Melancon and make him admit that he stole your stereo!
    Yeah. And if he threatens to beat you up, just whip out a biology test.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

He should have been released when he didn't pass this past summer. I'm sorry, but there are certain kids that you just know about, and I believe that this was one of them. And some of you wonder why I still question Dooley's decision making process at times.
    Playing Monday morning QB again? Seems like that's all you've been doing lately, especially when it involves Dooley. This kid was a gamble, there's no question about that, but I guarantee you most coaches at a mid-major would have done the same thing with this kid. It didn't work out. We're not out a scholarship, nobody got hurt, so get over it.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Yeh, this guy was worth a roll, and it didnt work out. Dooley handled it like he should have. Give him chances, forgive minor stuff (grades) and try to get him eligible, and if there is a major infraction, kick his butt off the team. That is what happened, and I agree with the way this was handled all the way through. This is the way it goes when you take a prop, you are taking a chance on many fronts trying to get him eligible, but at a low cost.
    We have had some props that have done well both on the field and off the field, and some of them even got their degrees in 4 years. I can't blame Dooley for taking a chance with this kid. This one just didn't work out.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    We're not out a scholarship, nobody got hurt, so get over it.
    Except for the poor kid who had his stuff stolen, and to some extent, negative pub for the University.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Except for the poor kid who had his stuff stolen, and to some extent, negative pub for the University.
    Here we go... http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-...-Melancon.html

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Playing Monday morning QB again? Seems like that's all you've been doing lately, especially when it involves Dooley. This kid was a gamble, there's no question about that, but I guarantee you most coaches at a mid-major would have done the same thing with this kid. It didn't work out. We're not out a scholarship, nobody got hurt, so get over it.

Correction, most coaches PERIOD. Not just mid-major coaches. Dooley handled it almost exactly the way 90% of the coaches out there would have handled it.

You gotta love Dirtydawg but he simply doesn't like Dooley. And there is nothing wrong with that, I just wish he would come out and say it.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Yeah it's bad pub, but nobody's perfect. This kind of stuff happens all the time at campuses throughout the country. You can't expect coaches to know every movement and every decision of 85 football players when they're not on the field.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Yeah it's bad pub, but nobody's perfect. This kind of stuff happens all the time at campuses throughout the country. You can't expect coaches to know every movement and every decision of 85 football players when they're not on the field.
    So much so that no one even pays attention to it.

Let's put it this way, if this had happened with an athlete at Kent. St for instance I would not even click on the article. I would have no interest. It happens, we move on.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    There are many reasons kids transfer from other schools.

Unfortunately that was added as an edit so I didn't have access to the emoticons. It was meant as a reference to the basketball thread.

+ Reply to Thread