+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball. LA Tech Heads to ULM for North Louisiana Showdown

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Heads to ULM for North Louisiana Showdown

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I think ULx is a great option to replace our FCS games.
    Not up for discussion since they won't do it.

If our AD wasn't such a wuss he would send a message to both of the ulxers offering them the SCst, Grambling, or Southern deal.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    This Honeysucker guy doesn't like us too much and he probably made terrible grades in history unless revisionism was his major.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...lry/100365508/
    I made a minor comment to his article. There was only one comment prior to mine.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    He neglected to mention that even though ULM had its run of success in the 80's, Tech was leading the series 30-13 when it was mercifully discontinued after 2000. Had it been played on a regular basis the past 16 years the series record would likely be something like 44-15.

He is right about one thing. It is NOT a rivalry. It's way to one-sided to be a rivalry.
    Did Northeast win 7 or 8 games during that decade?

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    This sounds like some soporific, sophomoric swill that was maybe recycled and updated from the NLU student newspaper the Pow Wow. Was this actually in the print newspaper?
    The referenced article shows the difference in Tech and ULM. Were Teddy Allen reporting from a rain delayed game, his ruminations would be interesting, accurate, and humorous. Hudsucker is certainly not a Teddy Allen. Of course, none are.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, reported by the nlulm beat writer and repeated repeatedly by the 97.7 guys.
    Wow, pathetic, but I guess yall over there in nela are used to it. Guess I should count my blessings to have grown up reading Buddy Davis and Jerry Byrd. Journalism is officially dead over there.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Did Northeast win 7 or 8 games during that decade?
    7 I think.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    7 I think.
    Correct, they won 7, we beat them 3 in the 80s. One of our wins was declared void a few fears later. It was a loooooong time ago. When their temporary success began that decade, Jimmy Carter was president and the year of their last win was in Reagan's second term four years BEFORE the internet became available to the public. Ancient history. I think score was kept on stone tablets.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I'd have no problem whatsoever paying them a little to play at the JOE.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I'd have no problem whatsoever paying them a little to play at the JOE.
    Only problem is that even if they were willing to take that route, FBS schools usually want more money for body bag games than FCS schools. So playing NSU is way cheaper.

+ Reply to Thread