+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are building an athletics program...

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Re: We are building an atheletics program...

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Someone call me when we start marketing this program we're building. I'm talking full-scale assault marketing.

Advertise the A&M game every day on tv at least one local station in Shreveport this summer. WAC champ billboards and Tech-CUSA billboards from East Texas to Vicksburg down to Alexandria. All ads mentioning season tickets as well. Seems like basic stuff to me.

+1000

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Re: We are building an athletics program...

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    Our student section is always great. I wouldn't change it a bit. We need to keep bringing in casual fans and alumni. Those are our two biggest potentials for attendance growth.
    The one "bad" thing about the student section is that it makes our attendance look like a lot less. This being cause by the sardine like state of it

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Someone call me when we start marketing this program we're building. I'm talking full-scale assault marketing.

Advertise the A&M game every day on tv at least one local station in Shreveport this summer. WAC champ billboards and Tech-CUSA billboards from East Texas to Vicksburg down to Alexandria. All ads mentioning season tickets as well. Seems like basic stuff to me.
    +1,000,000

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Need to poise this as a question to Bruce during the chat this afternoon.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Need to poise this as a question to Bruce during the chat this afternoon.
    I'll be in class, so by all means someone do it for me.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I am also very pleased about the increase in student participation over the last several years. The "sardine" effect is what they like. Everyone wants to get toward the lower center of the stands. Our students have always had the best seats since JAS opened -- in the middle of the field in the lower section. How many schools can boast that?

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I am also very pleased about the increase in student participation over the last several years. The "sardine" effect is what they like. Everyone wants to get toward the lower center of the stands. Our students have always had the best seats since JAS opened -- in the middle of the field in the lower section. How many schools can boast that?
    On first read that sounds good, but at schools that draw big those seats bring big money. We need big money.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    On first read that sounds good, but at schools that draw big those seats bring big money. We need big money.
    Get the money in another way besides messing with one of the few current/future student traditions. The student attendance is the best and most consistent thing we have going. Don't even discuss messing with that until we fill up some of the vacant areas.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Get the money in another way besides messing with one of the few current/future student traditions. The student attendance is the best and most consistent thing we have going. Don't even discuss messing with that until we fill up some of the vacant areas.
    Maddawg is correct.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Maddawg is correct.
    Now that's a post you don't see every day. But surprisingly, maddawg is correct about this.

HD

Puppy Bulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her gameBulldog Pride is on top of his/her game

Hey one of the things I loved about going to a game at tech as a student was being able to sit low on the forty and shout for the bulldogs. That is something that you dont get anywhere else. Now I know those seats at other places bring in big money, but at this time there are to many other empty seats to be worried about before we start disturbing the student section. Even when we do fill up the Joe I think it would be great if we leave the students there to have that experince they cant get anywhere else.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Now that's a post you don't see every day. But surprisingly, maddawg is correct about this.

HD
    Snapdawg's dumb arse thinks we should clear out between the 30's and sell those tix. What a great plan.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Snapdawg's dumb arse thinks we should clear out between the 30's and sell those tix. What a great plan.
    Mad Dawg is wrong on this comment. Snapdawg is a lot of things, but he ain't no dumb arse. Just for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Mad Dawg is wrong on this comment. Snapdawg is a lot of things, but he ain't no dumb arse. Just for the record.
    So you agree with him that it's a great idea to clear the students out an sell those tix for "big money"?

Snapdawg has a habit of talking down to anybody who doesn't agree with him. I can play that game too. It's not neccessary to call someone a dumbass if you don't agree, but Snapdawg tends to do it often and look down his nose while doing it. I've had enough of his BS.

[QUOTE=maddawg;1232785]So you agree with him that it's a great idea to clear the students out an sell those tix for "big money"?

Snapdawg has a habit of talking down to anybody who doesn't agree with him. I can play that game too. It's not neccessary to call someone a dumbass if you don't agree, but Snapdawg tends to do it often and look down his nose while doing it. I've had enough of his BS.[/QUOTE
    We don't have to do it yet, but we want to be in a bigger league which requires bigger money and if we are succesful, the day will come when the stadium is selling out and when that happens, we will be like every big time program, those seats will become reserved, chair back seats selling for $600 To $1000 per year.
    It is not my intention to talk down to anyone. What I try to do is stimulate discussion from differing points of view.

+ Reply to Thread