+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech ruins Hide Away Park tailgating

The 8 a.m. rule is as much a safety issue as anything else. To have vehicles traversing a pedestrian area (tailgate spots) where small children are present running around throwing footballs etc. is a major potential liability.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    The 8 a.m. rule is as much a safety issue as anything else. To have vehicles traversing a pedestrian area (tailgate spots) where small children are present running around throwing footballs etc. is a major potential liability.
    I guess it could be a safety issue. But how long have we been doing it otherwise and how many children or adults have been injured? Maybe all of the "safety regulations" have lowered the intelligence of the gene pool.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    If it was being done in the name of safety they would not allow vehicles to enter from the South side of the TAC from Alabama after 8:00. I'm not buying their spin on that one. I appreciate "in the name of safety", but that's not their reason for 8:00am deadline. As we witnessed yesterday, the entire place was almost bare up to 11:00am.

Their precious gold parking area of 80somehting spots was half full for Miss St. which is as big a crowd as we'll ever have. Yesterday had fewer than 20 vehicles in those spots. Total mismanagement by our AD and his boy Marco is the reason for the parking cluster. Destroying any tailgate traditions that have developed from grass roots over the past 30 years seems to take priority.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tailgating and all that encompasses should be embraced, enhanced, encouraged. I'm not personally much of a tailgater, but I appreciate what it means to many and what it means for a CFB program. Other schools are trying to build tailgating and make it as easy as possible for fans to stake out a fly, set up a pit, and just enjoy the day. It's not all bad in Ruston. We have built a solid tailgating tradition and have done some things to enhance it. I call on the powers-that-be to revisit any rules that are infringing on tailgating.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

There are a ton of new rules and regs this season with the completion of the suites building construction.

Let's hope LG has his administrative council run a thorough review of the football gameday changes and were they worth it. . . and what other changes MUST/SHOULD be made.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    There are a ton of new rules and regs this season with the completion of the suites building construction.

Let's hope LG has his administrative council run a thorough review of the football gameday changes and were they worth it. . . and what other changes MUST/SHOULD be made.
    Changes were made blindly with all consideration being make toward the new suite holders. Any voices of reason fell on the deaf ears of our AD and his Boy Marco...

Suite holders had access to 80something gold parking passes to give out with game tickets. Suite holders are not giving away those passes, because almost all those being invited to the suites already have parking passes. This was obvious at the NSU game. It was even more obvious at the Miss State game. It was obvious yesterday that they don't give a crap. They make a decision and will stick with it or risk appearing to be wrong. Now they say it is in the name of safety and about the children.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Some of the issues with the Greeks is the guy that oversees the system at Tech is a dipstick and is overreacting to the hazing situation at lsu. He told the Tech police to write MIP’s at Hideaway so Greeks and other non-Greek organizations said fine we will stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Some of the issues with the Greeks is the guy that overseas the system at Tech is a dipstick and is overreacting to the hazing situation at lsu. He told the Tech police to write MIP’s at Hideaway so Greeks and other non-Greek organizations said fine we will stay away.
    Is it still King?

Hope he is proud of being a part in destroying the student section on the East Side.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Is it still King?

Hope he is proud of being a part in destroying the student section on the East Side.
    No, dude is King’s underling, Sam Speed... total square peg in round hole. He seems to despise all greek letters except one group he helped found.

No, dude is King’s underling, Sam Speed... total square peg in round hole. He seems to despise all greek letters except one group he helped found.
    My two encounters with Speed were not favorable, but he seems to have his bosses believing that he is good at his job. Not surprising.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

People like this can be a cancer on the program. If what you say is true, LA Tech needs to gut him out of there.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yeah....who needs fans and students attending games anyway....
    . Been sitting on 50 yard east side for 50 years-- great student side today and they were there us lot longer that west side . Whatever this thread is about did not change anything. Now in fairness it was georgeous weather day so Half mile walk should have been easy for a teenager-- I've got fake hip-- getting other replaced after season and bad knee and hairline foot fracture. Just confused why half mile walk is big deal. ( based on today's game it appears the fraternities are tough enough)

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

. Mine was goofy today-- I have red parking pass but have been on east side for 50 years because of brothers- then kids and now grandkids. Brought 6 people with me SO security came after me because Red is supposed to sit on west side.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Is it still King?

Packed today on east side student side-- west side looked thinner ( unfair comparison to NSU and MSU) -- more on East than west in fourth period . Really having problem understanding this thread-- don't people still park and walk from Ruston HS?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Mine was goofy today-- I have red parking pass but have been on east side for 50 years because of brothers- then kids and now grandkids. Brought 6 people with me SO security came after me because Red is supposed to sit on west side.
    I think you can sit where the heck your tickets entitle you. If you gave at the red level then I believe you can sit anywhere but inside the ladies restrooms.

I bet ol' Tyson can handle your situation best getting the word to the security folks. From my discussions with them they are pretty much black and white (absolutely no gray) in handling situations . . . as in just going what they're told.

(Come park with me in the white overflow lot like yesterday. That rugby/soccer field is okay pregame, but going back uphill postgame was no fun for me and my equipment. Guess I need to get to the games earlier. . . .)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread