+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX Wesleyan Game 3

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

TX Wesleyan Game 3

Bottom of the 2nd, Stubbs scored from 3rd as Mire stole 2nd.
    Top of the 3rd, sac fly TWU.
    Bottom of 3rd, RBI single Dageford.
    Tech up 2-1.
    Bottom of 4th, RBI single Breazeale.
    Tech up 3-1.
    Bottom of 5th, HOMERUN Dageford (#6 of the season).
    Tech up 4-1.
    Bottom of 6th, bases loaded walk TWU. Sac fly RBI Threlkeld. Two RBI double Williams. RBI single Alvis and an overthrow.
    Tech up 9-1.
    Bottom of 7th two run HOMERUN Roliard. Tech wins back-to-back via 10 run rule.
    FINAL Tech 11 - TWU 1
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-03-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: TX Wesleyan Game 3

What an unusual day with back-to-back walkoff wins. In both games today, we got a 10 run lead in the bottom of the 7th and that ended the game.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

After watching all the home games this season and following the team on gametracker and whatever else is available to watch with, I believe that these past three games were by far the best this team has played this year. We had great pitching, hitting throughout the order and fantastic relieve out of the bullpen. This team has a lot of potential and with a little bit of luck, I think we can go far in the conference.

Great job this weekend Dawgs.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The WAC is just a little bit tougher than TWU.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The WAC is just a little bit tougher than TWU.
    You are correct, but maybe you should do some research on TWU. They are a quality program.You flamers(you,beaux66,dawg dude,and others) usually don't come over to the baseball board until we lose a few. Haven't seen much of yall lately. Congrats on the sweep Dawgs!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    You are correct, but maybe you should do some research on TWU. They are a quality program.You flamers(you,beaux66,dawg dude,and others) usually don't come over to the baseball board until we lose a few. Haven't seen much of yall lately. Congrats on the sweep Dawgs!
    What does your research show?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    What does your research show?
    My research shows that they're a quality program, just as I said.

Mike Jeffcoat is in his ninth year at the helm of the Texas Wesleyan baseball program. The 10-year Major League veteran has led Texas Wesleyan to six 30-win season in the last seven years, and three consecutive 40-win seasons for the first time since 1980.

Under Jeffcoat's guidance, Texas Wesleyan has become one of the premier baseball programs in the NAIA. His team has appeared in four consecutive RRAC Championship games. In the last three seasons, his teams have finished no worse than third in the Region and reached the finals of the NAIA National Championship Opening Round. His team's have produced 45 All-Conference selections and three All-Americans.

Last year, the Rams matched their highest win total, 42, since 1980. The team advanced to the RRAC Final for the fourth consecutive season. That appearance earned a trip to the NAIA National Tournament Opening Round where the team finished second to second ranked Oklahoma City University.

In 2008, the Rams went 42-16, reached the RRAC Championship, and finished third in a power-packed Region VI Tournament.

In 2007, Jeffcoat's Rams went 41-10 and Mike earned RRAC Coach of the Year honors. The Rams took their first Red River Athletic Conference tournament championship and advanced to the Region VI final. The team featured nine All-Conference performers and an All-American in Hayden Lackey. Five members of that team went on to play professionally in the following summer.

In 2006, the Rams rode All-American selections Shea Harrison and Zach Archer to a 31-23 record, an appearance in the Red River Athletic Conferenc championship game, and a trip to the Region VI tournament.

In 2005, Jeffcoat led the Rams to a 34-26 overall record and the RRAC North Division Championship with a conference record of 13-2.

In his second season (2003), he led the Rams to their best record (38-22-1) since the 1995 season when they won 39 games. That team produced two 1st-team All-Conference players in freshmen Shea Harrison and Matt Putman, and a Relief Pitcher of the Year selection, Seth Manning. The team had a 14-game winning streak and knocked off 2nd ranked Oklahoma City.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

My research shows that they're a quality program, just as I said.
    I agree. They are a quality NAIA program. I don't think Dawg80 was flaming. Just stating the fact that they likely are not comparable to most WAC teams. I think we are the only Division 1 team they play.

Hey, a sweep of any team is great and a tough thing to pull off. I am glad for our guys. Bring on SJSU!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Wow. Never thought I'd be considered a flamer. With this talent, we should win these games. With this talent, we should never not be in the WAC tournament (esp. if we host it), lose to McNeese 19-12, or have a guy that's one of the fastest players in the nation steal only 15 bases.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Wow. Never thought I'd be considered a flamer. With this talent, we should win these games. With this talent, we should never not be in the WAC tournament (esp. if we host it), lose to McNeese 19-12, or have a guy that's one of the fastest players in the nation steal only 15 bases.
    With this talent huh? I don't guess you realize 3 of the top arms are out or not completely healthy. Just seems like you only show up when we lose a few. I guess you think Sim should be recruiting you or something. I'll give you the WAC tourny thing, but losing one game to McNeese means nothing (btw, McNeese lost 2 one-run games to Arkansas and 1 one-run game to LSU and have won 15 games). In order to steal bases, one must be on base. You should know that. I wouldn't call you a flamer if you'd post after we won a game or two (like 2 of 3 at Minn or the 3 game sweep this wkend). jmo

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I agree. They are a quality NAIA program. I don't think Dawg80 was flaming. Just stating the fact that they likely are not comparable to most WAC teams. I think we are the only Division 1 team they play.

Hey, a sweep of any team is great and a tough thing to pull off. I am glad for our guys. Bring on SJSU!
    A "childish flamer" to boot! Let's get it straight. :icon_wink:

Okay, I stand corrected, TWU could win the WAC! And since we just swept them, I expect Tech to win the WAC.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Good, clean, fundamental baseball for three games. Three games in a row! That's impressive no matter who you are playing. Not to compare the programs, but just to show what errors can do to a team, nlulm had six errors against Grambling last week.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Okay, I have a question. 10 run rule applies after seven full innings right?

Does the pitcher get a complete game credit for 7 innings in such a game?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Okay, I have a question. 10 run rule applies after seven full innings right?

Does the pitcher get a complete game credit for 7 innings in such a game?
    Good question. Yes, I believe so.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Good, clean, fundamental baseball for three games. Three games in a row! That's impressive no matter who you are playing. Not to compare the programs, but just to show what errors can do to a team, nlulm had six errors against Grambling last week.
    Yep, and not many walks from teh pitchers. Good to see a FR throw 6 shutout innings, he will be called upon more and more with the way our arms have gone down. Any team out of TX is usually a quality team, just given the depth of baseball talent in the state. No one is saying TX Wesleyan is one of the best teams in the country, but they arent a pushover either. I expect to beat them, but to sweep them with the ease that we did was impressive. Hopefully, this 5 game streak will get us going in WAC play.

+ Reply to Thread