+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana State's Weaknesses

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Louisiana State's Weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    We may beat them, but there is no way we win. The citizens of this state are incapable of the thought. Y'all keep it real...and remember what we are dealing with here.
    I've been saying the same thing. Those of us (BB&Bers) who no longer live in Louisiana....like, ya know, have been in Texas too long...think by prevailing on 9/22/18 in BR things will magically change across the state and Tech will garner widespread support, pick up casual fans, and sell more hats in Walmarts. VERY little of some of that might happen. But in the big picture the only thing it will do is piss off the lspoo worshipers/Tech haters.

Yep, keep it real. This is a game vs. a P5, an SEC team, on the road....ya know, just like we do on occasion, at Arkansas, South Carolina, and Auburn, Ole Miss, Moo State, aTm. Winning AT an SEC school is a quality road win. But it is still just 1 of 12 regular season games....and hopefully the CUSA championship game, and a bowl game. So, maybe 14 games in total. If we want to have a great season, they are all important. UCF went undefeated last year. They made ALL their games important.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Their weakness is always QB, OC play calling along with HC overall decisions and time management.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We better be 2-0 when we roll into the Great Cesspool.

Don't think it will matter one bit, but Ed O hates Tech. He played for the NSU Demons "back in the day," and as is typical of that lot, feels obligated to hate us. I doubt his players will be motivated by his hatred though. How would this play: "Listen guys, as a player I was 0-4 against Tech. This is my chance to finally beat them guys."
    Coach O beat us when he was at Ole Miss (I think they only won 3 games that season) and I would expect him to beat us again. When you look at the difference in recruiting, depth, budget, assistant coaching, (head coaches are probably a push) between the two programs plus playing at home, Louisiana State should beat us. I wouldn't be surprised if Louisiana State's defense outscores both offenses combined, but their offense will probably get some late cheapies when our guys are gassed.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Actually, that's good. He beat us while at Ole Miss. Removes that small motivational factor from the equation.

As for our guys being gassed. Not possible. In fact, I expect us to wear them down. Don't forget who our conditioning coach is.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Our guys haven’t really been gassed against Arkansas and USC, who both had decent QBs with experience. I suppose they were against MSU, but our offense didnt help out there at all. If LSU’s offense isnt clicking, and ours takes care of the ball, we can do it. Im hoping we can snag a turnover or two off of them to help out.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    We may beat them, but there is no way we win. The citizens of this state are incapable of the thought. Y'all keep it real...and remember what we are dealing with here.
    Well regardless, "Mr Sunshine", why don't we try CRAMMING it down their damn throat this time and see how they like it anyway? Milk the sacred cow.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well regardless, "Mr Sunshine", why don't we try CRAMMING it down their damn throat this time and see how they like it anyway? Milk the sacred cow.
    We would all love to see it!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I've been saying the same thing. Those of us (BB&Bers) who no longer live in Louisiana....like, ya know, have been in Texas too long...think by prevailing on 9/22/18 in BR things will magically change across the state and Tech will garner widespread support, pick up casual fans, and sell more hats in Walmarts. VERY little of some of that might happen. But in the big picture the only thing it will do is piss off the lspoo worshipers/Tech haters.

Yep, keep it real. This is a game vs. a P5, an SEC team, on the road....ya know, just like we do on occasion, at Arkansas, South Carolina, and Auburn, Ole Miss, Moo State, aTm. Winning AT an SEC school is a quality road win. But it is still just 1 of 12 regular season games....and hopefully the CUSA championship game, and a bowl game. So, maybe 14 games in total. If we want to have a great season, they are all important. UCF went undefeated last year. They made ALL their games important.
    Blah, blah, blah. Some of you Louisiana folks depress me. That last paragraph you wrote was NOT your best work, D80.

No, we already know there's too many locals that think the way YOU do to believe anything material will really change long term with a Tech win in BR. But, that's not the point anyway. LA Tech --and its fans-- have a choice: Go down to Baton Rouge and be Louisiana State's beeotch --just like every other school in Louisiana-- or stand up and be the one school that's materially different. LA Tech can be that one school that STATE fans say, "We always donkey stomp the Louisiana schools. Except for Tech. If Tech comes to town, we do have to bring our "A" game."

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

lsu has to start the year ranked. Have to make the games against Miami and Auburn compelling. And ranked teams playing ranked teams will boost the winner even if they don’t deserve it. I hope it all comes crashing down on them Sept 22.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

LSU LB Tyler Taylor suspended after arrest for pawn shop burglary, might face felony charges

Have to wonder what are these kids thinking when the get caught up in this kind of behavior.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...da4f287ad.html

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    LSU LB Tyler Taylor suspended after arrest for pawn shop burglary, might face felony charges

Have to wonder what are these kids thinking when the get caught up in this kind of behavior.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...da4f287ad.html

Not thinking. A symptom of many people at the juco in BR.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. Some of you Louisiana folks depress me. That last paragraph you wrote was NOT your best work, D80.

No, we already know there's too many locals that think the way YOU do to believe anything material will really change long term with a Tech win in BR. But, that's not the point anyway. LA Tech --and its fans-- have a choice: Go down to Baton Rouge and be Louisiana State's beeotch --just like every other school in Louisiana-- or stand up and be the one school that's materially different. LA Tech can be that one school that STATE fans say, "We always donkey stomp the Louisiana schools. Except for Tech. If Tech comes to town, we do have to bring our "A" game."
    Sorry, I don't worship at the altar of lspoo. They are just another somewhat good SEC program. They get tons of talent, that's true, but they rarely realize the full potential. They lost at home to a belcher last year.

I'm not into moral victories either, so I don't need "STATE fans to say...." well, anything.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

We better be 2-0 when we roll into the Great Cesspool.

Don't think it will matter one bit, but Ed O hates Tech. He played for the NSU Demons "back in the day," and as is typical of that lot, feels obligated to hate us. I doubt his players will be motivated by his hatred though. How would this play: "Listen guys, as a player I was 0-4 against Tech. This is my chance to finally beat them guys." Most players today might react, "Gee, you guys really sucked, eh coach!"

No matter their record at the time of our game, or their record at the end of the season, I can say this, LSU is absolutely loaded with NFL-quality talent. They always are. They have the talent and athleticism to make individual plays that can change a game.
    And, they have a LOT of luck! Also, as usual, we will be playing against them and the officials!
    Just once, before I die, I'd like to see LA TECH beat LSU in football. I don't care if it is only by one point!! That has been on my bucket list since 1966.

Sorry, I don't worship at the altar of lspoo. They are just another somewhat good SEC program. They get tons of talent, that's true, but they rarely realize the full potential. They lost at home to a belcher last year.

I'm not into moral victories either, so I don't need "STATE fans to say...." well, anything.

Your posted videos, whatever they are, don't play for me. It's just a black square.

+ Reply to Thread