+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech's best possible, REALISTIC conference movement

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech's best possible, REALISTIC conference movement

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Dirty laundry. Would be happy to talk more off line.
    Joe Valachi and Champ. Wow

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Wasn’t our Kansas game in Man of Steel?
    Yep.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Unless the AAC takes 4 teams, I don’t see us getting picked. UAB is a lock I believe, and I honestly see them picking FAU to stay in that UCF footprint. If they add 4, we have a shot, but I think our budget keeps us out. Hopefully news breaks soon.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Unless the AAC takes 4 teams, I don’t see us getting picked. UAB is a lock I believe, and I honestly see them picking FAU to stay in that UCF footprint. If they add 4, we have a shot, but I think our budget keeps us out. Hopefully news breaks soon.
    USF isn't going to want to surrender turf to FAU. Also, despite having good football teams, FAU has no fan base.

Here's who'll get picked:

1) UAB (Has quality football & men's basketball)
    2) Rice (to stay in the Houston market. Also has quality academics)
    3) Marshall (if the Herd doesn't panic and move to the ScumBelt first)
    4) LA Tech (if the AAC is serious about quality football & men's basketball) or
    4B) USM (strong past relationships with most AAC schools, but USM has terrible men's basketball and mostly terrible football)

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    USF isn't going to want to surrender turf to FAU. Also, despite having good football teams, FAU has no fan base.

Here's who'll get picked:

1) UAB (Has quality football & men's basketball)
    2) Rice (to stay in the Houston market. Also has quality academics)
    3) Marshall (if the Herd doesn't panic and move to the ScumBelt first)
    4) LA Tech (if the AAC is serious about quality football & men's basketball) or
    4B) USM (strong past relationships with most AAC schools, but USM has terrible men's basketball and mostly terrible football)
    Tech’s new top 25 baseball team should get some consideration too. They could be our best sports asset of all right now.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Tech’s new top 25 baseball team should get some consideration too. They could be our best sports asset of all right now.
    All of those schools have good baseball. So, I just don't think baseball is a differentiator right now.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I've learned long ago (and we Tech fans are seasoned veterans of the realignment wars) that no version of my logic fits the whims of school presidents when it comes to athletic conference membership.

If I had to guess FAU and UAB are probably the most likely schools to leave CUSA for the AAC. Frankly, as much as I like being in a conference with Marshall and would regret losing any of the better programs from the conference, I'm not going to be too upset to lose anyone in the East. UAB leaving is unfortunate only in that they've been good since the reboot and the fact that there is no love lost between us and them. But if they left, and we still had USM, Rice, UNT, UTSA we wouldn't be all that much worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I've learned long ago (and we Tech fans are seasoned veterans of the realignment wars) that no version of my logic fits the whims of school presidents when it comes to athletic conference membership.

If I had to guess FAU and UAB are probably the most likely schools to leave CUSA for the AAC. Frankly, as much as I like being in a conference with Marshall and would regret losing any of the better programs from the conference, I'm not going to be too upset to lose anyone in the East. UAB leaving is unfortunate only in that they've been good since the reboot and the fact that there is no love lost between us and them. But if they left, and we still had USM, Rice, UNT, UTSA we wouldn't be all that much worse off.
    FAU will not be picked. You gotta have a fan base to be picked, UNLESS your name is Rice.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

FAU will not be picked. You gotta have a fan base to be picked, UNLESS your name is Rice.
    I certainly agree that on-field success has traditionally (if regrettably) seemed to be pretty far down the priority list for this stuff.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We are screwed!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

So I just talked to all the college presidents. None of them cared about attendance-ball. (Most of them were disinterested in athletics generally). They all said they would probably go with whatever their ADs recommended.

So I called all of the ADs. They said they will recommend whatever ESPN wants.

So I called ESPN and they said they have a secret algorithm to predict what matchups are most likely to maximize viewers, sell ads, and thereby maximize revenue. And that home attendance comprised a very small, bordering on negligible, component of the formula.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Being a tier 1 national university again this year can’t hurt.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Our athletic budget hurts us. The lowest AAC school budget is still more than double what ours is.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Our athletic budget hurts us. The lowest AAC school budget is still more than double what ours is.
    Does our new athletic director know that we need to focus on getting support from more than just the richest among us?

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

OMG...what are some of you on? Has anyone considered that the likes of some of the "Belch" schools...i.e. ULLa, Coastal Carolina, App State may be under consideration as well?

Sicem...this has always been a problem and it comes down to, "What have you done lately?" Our football program's performance on the field the last few years has done nothing to help our cause especially against the so called "P5" programs. The loss against Moo State did not help! Not to mention this past weekends "almost" disaster against an average FCS program. It's time for a change in leadership with a vision that will move our program and not just play "good enough" to make it to another mediocre bowl game. Until then, Tech will be left behind again.

+ Reply to Thread