+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Tech's best possible, REALISTIC conference movement

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech's best possible, REALISTIC conference movement

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We definitely want to shoot for Sunbelt membership. Watching ULL tonight. Nothing like the awesome environment in Cajun Field playing in front of 2,000 for a nationally televised contest. That’s big time.
    Was it that bad? Hope so and hope they lost.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not mind seeing the clock roll instead of stopping to reset the chains on 1st down. I wouldn’t mind the clock rolling as soon as a ball is set for play after a player carries the ball out of bounds. The exceptions to both of those being the 2 minutes before the end of each half.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Was it that bad? Hope so and hope they lost.
    They panned the stadium a couple of times. It looked like a ULM game.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

They panned the stadium a couple of times. It looked like a ULM game.
    Who won and score?

I would not mind seeing the clock roll instead of stopping to reset the chains on 1st down. I wouldn’t mind the clock rolling as soon as a ball is set for play after a player carries the ball out of bounds. The exceptions to both of those being the 2 minutes before the end of each half.
    I thought it was that way.

Who won and score?
    I think 49-14 Chili peppers. Ohio is a bad football team.

I thought it was that way.
    I haven’t noticed. Will pay attention tomorrow. I thought running out of bounds stopped the clock until the next snap. I am probably wrong.

I think 49-14 Chili peppers. Ohio is a bad football team.
    Thanks but a bummer

I haven’t noticed. Will pay attention tomorrow. I thought running out of bounds stopped the clock until the next snap. I am probably wrong.
    I may be thinking about incomplete passes or just plain wrong

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

We definitely want to shoot for Sunbelt membership. Watching ULL tonight. Nothing like the awesome environment in Cajun Field playing in front of 2,000 for a nationally televised contest. That’s big time.
    You are correct that some of the 2nd half camera shots did not look very good since many fans departed once the game was well in hand. But happy you were able to tune in and watch at least some of the game, if not all of it. But if you want to talk about attendance and atmosphere, let’s compare Cajuns vs Bulldogs.

Attendance in Ruston for Bulldogs vs Southeastern = 15,385 (a Saturday night at 6:00PM)
    Attendance in Lafayette for Cajuns vs Ohio = 17,709 (a Thursday night at 7:00PM & game on ESPN) & 25,500+ for Cajuns vs Nichols on the prior Saturday.

I think we will be OK.

I was watching during the 1st quarter. There was no one there.

I stand corrected. I saw 1 picture of the home side from the start of the game. Maybe 2500 scattered around. It was over the top of the visitor side. By the band. Probably 5-6,000 scattered on that side, plus the band.

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

You are correct that there were probably only 4000-5000 on the visitors side and south end zone. The other 10,000-11,000 were on the home side. But since you were not actually inside the stadium, I can understand that you didn’t get the full picture.

If you knew what you were looking at, you would realize that picture is of the bands pre-game performance! Our full crowd doesn’t normally come into the stadium from tailgating and listening to the band outside the stadium (Wayne Toups last night) until the very last minute. I’d say the maximum crowd was not inside the stadium and in their seats until about 5 minutes into the 1st Qtr. Especially with the $2.00 beer special last night!

+ Reply to Thread