+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 386 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5777

Thread: Covid - 19

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Covid - 19

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    This wasn’t done by researchers at NIH. PubMed is a free database repository of articles and scientific literature that is developed and maintained by NIH.
    Exactly! If NIH thinks it’s good, I question it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Exactly! If NIH thinks it’s good, I question it.
    They don’t endorse what it posted there. It is just a repository, like a library.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Business insider??? LOLOLOL

Leftist tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Business insider??? LOLOLOL

Leftist tripe.
    Far more centrist than the source I was responding to.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Do they post anything from the 10’s of thousands who disagree with the CDC or are they just another arm that carries water for a government entity? Unless they post both sides of an issue, they aren’t a repository, they are a promoter.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Do they post anything from the 10’s of thousands who disagree with the CDC or are they just another arm that carries water for a government entity? Unless they post both sides of an issue, they aren’t a repository, they are a promoter.
    You are clueless. They post studies wherever they come from. The CDC is free to draw whatever conclusions they do from any of these studies.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hah! that's what I said, vaxxed people cause the virus to have to mutate to survive! But Goosey...who knows everything there is to know about everything...said I was mistaken.

I will say this, according to the numbers, provided by the NRMC, 88% of all virus-related issues today, currently, is due to the un-vaxxed. Our hospital has seen an uptick in cases, and some recent deaths, and across the spectrum, 88% of the patients are un-vaxxed. Just lost two acquaintances/friends...one of them a 65 yr old woman, mother of three of my former soccer players. She was relatively healthy and active. Still was playing tennis with friends, walking, and took care of herself. She contracted the China Virus and was lost in less than a month. She was un-vaxxed.

I have posted before that, like most of you, I personally DON'T KNOW the whole truth. I have to lean on the media (from various sources) and articles published here and there, AND! on my personal contacts from various walks of life, including the medical field, and pull all of that together and make a decision as best I can. I have determined, based on the wealth of evidence, that getting vaxxed > unvaxxed.

I won't tell you what you should do.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Most doctors will say take them too although many of us went through the motions for personal reasons and CERTAINLY not because our governments(s) were advising or demanding it.

I still don't understand the downside to getting the shots. If I was an isolated mountain man (which I'm considering with Skip Holtz as our HC) I many have considered not getting the shots, but I interact with people daily who REFUSE to take the shots. Most of those people vote democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Hah! that's what I said, vaxxed people cause the virus to have to mutate to survive! But Goosey...who knows everything there is to know about everything...said I was mistaken.

I will say this, according to the numbers, provided by the NRMC, 88% of all virus-related issues today, currently, is due to the un-vaxxed. Our hospital has seen an uptick in cases, and some recent deaths, and across the spectrum, 88% of the patients are un-vaxxed. Just lost two acquaintances/friends...one of them a 65 yr old woman, mother of three of my former soccer players. She was relatively healthy and active. Still was playing tennis with friends, walking, and took care of herself. She contracted the China Virus and was lost in less than a month. She was un-vaxxed.

I have posted before that, like most of you, I personally DON'T KNOW the whole truth. I have to lean on the media (from various sources) and articles published here and there, AND! on my personal contacts from various walks of life, including the medical field, and pull all of that together and make a decision as best I can. I have determined, based on the wealth of evidence, that getting vaxxed > unvaxxed.

That isn’t true. All the most transmissible variants so far have come from unvaxxed areas. Mutations of this virus occur WHEN it replicates inside hosts, and it does that far more readily in the unvaxxed.

The French doctor that gatewaypundit is covering is a quack. Research Christian Perronne and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Most doctors will say take them too although many of us went through the motions for personal reasons and CERTAINLY not because our governments(s) were advising or demanding it.

I still don't understand the downside to getting the shots. If I was an isolated mountain man (which I'm considering with Skip Holtz as our HC) I many have considered not getting the shots, but I interact with people daily who REFUSE to take the shots. Most of those people vote democrat.
    Hogdawg and DJdawg are voting Democrat?

That isn’t true. All the most transmissible variants so far have come from unvaxxed areas. Mutations of this virus occur WHEN it replicates inside hosts, and it does that far more readily in the unvaxxed.

The French doctor that gatewaypundit is covering is a quack. Research Christian Perronne and see for yourself.
    Viruses, which aren’t living organisms and consist of nothing more than genetic material encased in protein, require a host to replicate it. Although some viruses have DNA as its genetic material, COVID doesn’t. It is RNA (the single strand), which makes it even easier to mutate.

The mechanism of creating the new Covid variants is easy to understand and neither requires, nor so far as involved, vaccine resistance. If you get infected with the virus and one of your infected cells produces a mutant variant among the non-mutant variants, several things can happen, but will consider two options - 1. The mutant variant might be ineffective as a virus and not be reproduced any further, or 2. The mutant variant might reproduce more easily and as your cells reproduce the mutant and non-mutant variants, the mutant variant might out-compete its parent and become the dominant version of the virus in you, and the one you spread to others (and then the same thing plays out across the population - the new variant has a higher R0 and spreads faster than the non-mutant variant).

At some point there very much could be a new variant that evades the current vaccines, and we will need vaccine for that as well. We face this issue with the flu as well. But letting the virus run free isn’t really the answer to this, because it will still mutate and since it will be relocating more, it will be mutating more.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Viruses, which aren’t living organisms and consist of nothing more than genetic material encased in protein, require a host to replicate it. Although some viruses have DNA as its genetic material, COVID doesn’t. It is RNA (the single strand), which makes it even easier to mutate.

The mechanism of creating the new Covid variants is easy to understand and neither requires, nor so far as involved, vaccine resistance. If you get infected with the virus and one of your infected cells produces a mutant variant among the non-mutant variants, several things can happen, but will consider two options - 1. The mutant variant might be ineffective as a virus and not be reproduced any further, or 2. The mutant variant might reproduce more easily and as your cells reproduce the mutant and non-mutant variants, the mutant variant might out-compete its parent and become the dominant version of the virus in you, and the one you spread to others (and then the same thing plays out across the population - the new variant has a higher R0 and spreads faster than the non-mutant variant).

At some point there very much could be a new variant that evades the current vaccines, and we will need vaccine for that as well. We face this issue with the flu as well. But letting the virus run free isn’t really the answer to this, because it will still mutate and since it will be relocating more, it will be mutating more.
    Yes...BUILD THE WALL! You're finally catching on.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Alright, I'll step in and then step out.

Since a year ago, I've shot state championships in football, baseball, Indoor swim meet, college and HS basketball, Lacrosse, 7 on 7, football this season, golf and volleyball. Been masked. Been unmasked. I've been to Wal-Mart and every other big box store.
    Got vax in March cuz I'm a type II.
    Got congestion and cough Wednesday. This happens about twice a year. I go to the clinic and get a rosephen shot and ZPak.
    Got to the clinic Friday at 9:30. Said i had to swab first. At 10:30 I was notified POSITIVE on the quick test.
    I was handed my paperwork and told to head straight to Monroe's St. Francis Medical Center 10 minutes away for the fusion. No if, ands or buts.
    By noon I arrived at the Infusion center and was out by 2:20 pm and headed home for my 10-day quarantine.
    Since Friday I've had mild fever (if any), some congestion, some mild cough. Today add diarrhea to the list. No fatigue. nothing else.

The Delta Variant, however, is the real deal. It likes everyone. All ages.

My official statement: The vaccine helped lessen COVID-19's effects drastically, quickly.

Should everyone consider the vaccine? It's helping me.

That's all.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 09-19-2021 at 08:33 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread