+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday Morning????

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Thursday Morning????

Is that when the search committee begins its work?

Bulldog wmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of light wmladawg's Avatar

Re: Thursday Morning????

Unfortunately I think we are a year away from that.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm considering rooting for losses next year. We really need to tank for the draft. Or at least to get our coach out of his contract 19 years early.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm considering rooting for losses next year. We really need to tank for the draft. Or at least to get our coach out of his contract 19 years early.
    That's funny. I don't care who you are.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    The last five years Tech entered the tournament with 20 plus wins and a very respectable tournament seed. Each of those years I was thinking this could (would) be the year we break through and go to the big dance. But my mind cannot even imagine winning the conference tournament this year. I don't even think we are going to beat North Texas, but you know stranger things have happened. Wouldn't it be crazy if we strung together four well-played games and won the tournament.

I do not think Konkol is the guy to take us to the big dance, as such I would fire him this week. I think that should be the ultimate goal for our basketball coach. That does not seem to be a very Tech thing to do though. Not sure what his contract situation is, but I am betting he is back next year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

No matter what the year looked like, I will be cheering on the Dawgs in the tournament! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

When the game(s) begin I am ALWAYS all in for Tech! As I've stated before, it's not the names on the back of the jerseys, it's the name on the front that matters, and it's certainly not the people who get paid (over-paid) to "coach" that matter. This is not the Konkol Rockets playing in Frisco, it's the LOUISIANA TECH DAWGS, and I root for the DAWGS!

GO DAWGS!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Konkol has had two very good years as HC. This year has been a horrible year from the start. Sherman has no interest in school and doesn't come back. Harris is a premadonna and leaves because he isn't getting enough shots even though he is the leading scorer! Joniah has to stop playing, leaving the team with ONE post player. Bracey is hurt the entire year who is also our PG. All of these force us to play 4 FR major minutes and learn on the fly. Considering all of this, we are lucky we even made the tournament. Yes this has been a horrible year but Calipari isn't winning with this group right now. It shouldn't be that hard to see.

I said this two weeks ago-it isn't going to get any better this year and that has little to do with Konkol if you ask me. Next year it will look alot more like the first 2 years under Konkol and hopefully even better than that.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Louisiana Tech CUSA 33 23 10 .697 -0.07 -4.40
    Louisiana Tech CUSA 33 23 10 .697 5.20 -4.35
    Louisiana Tech CUSA 31 16 15 .516 0.93 -0.55
    Louisiana Tech 97 62 35 .639 2.02 -3.10

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Konkol has had two very good years as HC. This year has been a horrible year from the start. Sherman has no interest in school and doesn't come back. Harris is a premadonna and leaves because he isn't getting enough shots even though he is the leading scorer! Joniah has to stop playing, leaving the team with ONE post player. Bracey is hurt the entire year who is also our PG. All of these force us to play 4 FR major minutes and learn on the fly. Considering all of this, we are lucky we even made the tournament. Yes this has been a horrible year but Calipari isn't winning with this group right now. It shouldn't be that hard to see.

I said this two weeks ago-it isn't going to get any better this year and that has little to do with Konkol if you ask me. Next year it will look alot more like the first 2 years under Konkol and hopefully even better than that.
    I agree with you for THIS year. Next year will be a different story. He has to get a big man in here and recruit. So far, that hasn't happened.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Can we avoid being drummed out of the conference tourney with a 16 point loss... like we have in EACH of Konk’s First 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I agree with you for THIS year. Next year will be a different story. He has to get a big man in here and recruit. So far, that hasn't happened.
    He got Powell and Sherman here and they can play. It is pretty obvious the FR classes he has recruited are very talented so who is questioning his recruiting? We need more post players no doubt. We signed one but need at least one more grad transfer or JC guy who is ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Can we avoid being drummed out of the conference tourney with a 16 point loss... like we have in EACH of Konk’s First 2 years?
    Probably not this year. As I said, it isn't going to get any better this year. Does it really matter? I'd just as soon forget this year as quick as possible and move on-haha!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

He got Powell and Sherman here and they can play. It is pretty obvious the FR classes he has recruited are very talented so who is questioning his recruiting? We need more post players no doubt. We signed one but need at least one more grad transfer or JC guy who is ready to play.
    I for one have not questioned his recruiting and I suspect you are right that he will be here next year.

But don’t discount the way his teams have performed down the stretch and have finished every year. They consistently look apathetic. Perhaps there is a reason for that that should be explored and an attempt should be made to remedy that deficit... if of course that is in fact a problem.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Who do we have coming in for next year? He got some very good players for this year- and they are fun to watch. Success for next year will depend on who he brings in, and as far as I have seen, we only have 1 guy coming in so far. Hopefully that will change soon.

+ Reply to Thread