+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Who dat?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Who dat?

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    I think you need to do a little research about where the Cajun culture exists. Hint: It aint in New Orleans. Maybe Creole, but not Cajun!
    Oh gee, thanks. Never mind that I've lived all over Louisiana, including New Orleans. But thanks for the offer anyway!~

HD

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

How could anyone from Shreveport and Louisiana Tech become Cowboy's fans? Where is the Roger Staubach Expressway? It ain't in S'port.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Oh gee, thanks. Never mind that I've lived all over Louisiana, including New Orleans. But thanks for the offer anyway!~

HD
    Then you know that New Orleans isn't Cajun. But I get what you are saying. Shreveport is much closer to Dallas culturally than New Orleans.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Then you know that New Orleans isn't Cajun. But I get what you are saying. Shreveport is much closer to Dallas culturally than New Orleans.
    Exactly. Culturally and geographically.

HD

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

You people that live in Shreveport --and most of north Louisiana-- and choose to be "Saints" fans instead of Cowboys fans are nothing more than PRETENDERS! It's why so many of you have divided loyalties and cheer for LSU. It's also why you started hosting Mardi Gras parties in north Louisiana over the last couple of decades....something that never happened when I was growing up in north Louisiana.

Never mind that Dallas is only 3 hours from Shreveport while New Orleans is 6 hours away. You're wannabees, plain and simple. Ideally, you want to be "Cajuns", but it's just not in your DNA. So, you look silly when you try to adopt the Cajun culture.

HD
    Au contraire, it is in my DNA since my ancestors were here in Louisiana with Iberville and Bienville, came from France and then migrated to North Louisiana. My 7th great grandfather was on the Ouachita River trading at Point Pleasant in Morehouse Parish in the 1700's. I don't wannabe - my DNA is what it is. But what does that mean? Because I have French ancestry and a connection to New Orleans and family there that I must automatically cheer for LSU and hence by DNA must be a Saint's fan or what? I have ancestors from England as well. Maybe I should take up rugby and figgy pudding? I also have some German ancestry - but I don't like weinerschnitzel or yodeling.

I don't see what being a Cajun or being a Saints fan has to do with cheering for LSU and having divided loyalties - there are people from South Louisiana who cheer for Tech, graduated from Tech and are loyal to Tech - do they have divided loyalties because they are from South Louisiana? Must they wear bags over their heads because they cheer for Tech and not LSU? I don't buy this North Louisiana theory of yours or the LSU connection or the "Cajun" wannabe concept. I don't cheer for LSU, I don't go to Mardi Gras parties in N. LA and I didn't choose to be a Saints fan. I grew up one - my family has always been Saints fans just like we've always been Tech fans. I despise the Dallas Cowboys and always have and it wouldn't matter where I was from or what my DNA is. There - I've said it.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Au contraire, it is in my DNA since my ancestors were here in Louisiana with Iberville and Bienville, came from France and then migrated to North Louisiana. My 7th great grandfather was on the Ouachita River trading at Point Pleasant in Morehouse Parish in the 1700's. I don't wannabe - my DNA is what it is. But what does that mean? Because I have French ancestry and a connection to New Orleans and family there that I must automatically cheer for LSU and hence by DNA must be a Saint's fan or what? I have ancestors from England as well. Maybe I should take up rugby and figgy pudding? I also have some German ancestry - but I don't like weinerschnitzel or yodeling.

I don't see what being a Cajun or being a Saints fan has to do with cheering for LSU and having divided loyalties - there are people from South Louisiana who cheer for Tech, graduated from Tech and are loyal to Tech - do they have divided loyalties because they are from South Louisiana? Must they wear bags over their heads because they cheer for Tech and not LSU? I don't buy this North Louisiana theory of yours or the LSU connection or the "Cajun" wannabe concept. I don't cheer for LSU, I don't go to Mardi Gras parties in N. LA and I didn't choose to be a Saints fan. I grew up one - my family has always been Saints fans just like we've always been Tech fans. I despise the Dallas Cowboys and always have and it wouldn't matter where I was from or what my DNA is. There - I've said it.
    I agree that you have the right to chose. That's what those of us that live in North Louisiana and like the Cowboys have been saying all along. I think that you'll find it to be the Saints fans that can't stomach the fact that somebody can live in LA and not like the Saints.

It's really not that big of a deal...:icon_wink:

I don't cheer for LSU, I don't go to Mardi Gras parties in N. LA and I didn't choose to be a Saints fan..
    I knew there were some things I REALLY liked about you. :icon_wink:

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

HD
    You obviously missed a bunch of Tony's reply to your original post.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

HD
    There are some things I REALLY like about you too, HD!

I don't care who is or isn't a Cowboys or a Saints fan. That is something you have to decide for yourself no matter who you are or where you are from. It is totally different from graduating from Tech or attending Tech and "choosing" to be an LSU fan. Y'all know how strongly I feel about that.

But this business about folks in North Louisiana being "wannabe" Cajuns or Creoles or whatever is silly. Do you eat gumbo? Like jambalaya? How about boudin? How about crawfish? Red beans and rice? Rice dressing? Does that make you a wannabe cajun? Lots of folks over in Texas are eating those things. Are they wannabes? I like spaghetti and meatballs? Does that mean I wannabe Italian?

I don't care who you pull for. I don't get it, but I don't care. Don't be impugning my DNA!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

There are some things I REALLY like about you too, HD!

I don't care who is or isn't a Cowboys or a Saints fan. That is something you have to decide for yourself no matter who you are or where you are from. It is totally different from graduating from Tech or attending Tech and "choosing" to be an LSU fan. Y'all know how strongly I feel about that.

But this business about folks in North Louisiana being "wannabe" Cajuns or Creoles or whatever is silly. Do you eat gumbo? Like jambalaya? How about boudin? How about crawfish? Red beans and rice? Rice dressing? Does that make you a wannabe cajun? Lots of folks over in Texas are eating those things. Are they wannabes? I like spaghetti and meatballs? Does that mean I wannabe Italian?

I don't care who you pull for. I don't get it, but I don't care. Don't be impugning my DNA!

That is pretty much all the Cowboys fans are saying. You don't HAVE to be a Saints fan because you live in La. And it doesn't make you a bandwagon fan if you cheer for someone else especially when you don't even live in N.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    That is pretty much all the Cowboys fans are saying. You don't HAVE to be a Saints fan because you live in La. And it doesn't make you a bandwagon fan if you cheer for someone else especially when you don't even live in N.O.
    That's fine. But don't call those of us in North Louisiana wannabe cajuns for being Saints fans. And then to say that those Saints fans from North Louisiana are "like" LSU fans is absurd. I ignored this thread for several days, but the wannabe thing along with the LSU association cocked my pistol. I'm proud of my Louisiana roots - from North Louisiana and South Louisiana and I'm proud to be a life long Saints fan.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Why are we arguning about the NFL?

NFL sucks hard compared to college.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Why are we arguning about the NFL?

NFL sucks hard compared to college.
    Who's arguing?

Besides, try watching a favorite team or teams for 40 - 50+ years and see how you feel about the NFL. I just love football PERIOD!!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Dawg dude, I agree with your posts 99% of the time. But I disagree with the above. I like the NFL way better than NCAA football.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Dawg dude, I agree with your posts 99% of the time. But I disagree with the above. I like the NFL way better than NCAA football.
    I guess its because I grew going to Tech games and watching NFL games on TV.

The traditions, student sections, alumni pride, conferences, everything about college football is better, IMO.

The way I see it, in the NFL, if you perform, you're getting paid. In college, you're representing your school.

+ Reply to Thread