+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Big Win?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Last Big Win?

6-2 win over Cal State Fullerton in Starkville

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Last Big Win?

We had wins over Arkansas and Miss. State last year. They finished 19th and 15th, respectively, in the rankings. Arkansas lost in a regional, MSU lost in a super regional.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    We had wins over Arkansas and Miss. State last year. They finished 19th and 15th, respectively, in the rankings. Arkansas lost in a regional, MSU lost in a super regional.
    Other than having the largest crowds in the history of the program (according to our AD's resume) what impact did those wins have on our program? We also lost badly to Arkansas in that series. Miss State was followed by a bad loss in Jonesboro.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Other than having the largest crowds in the history of the program (according to our AD's resume) what impact did those wins have on our program? We also lost badly to Arkansas in that series. Miss State was followed by a bad loss in Jonesboro.
    So it's not a big win unless we go on to win the national championship?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Any time we beat an SEC school in one of the major sports, it's a big win. Their fans take note of us, and so do the fans of other SEC schools who look down their noses at us all the time.
    Good old Memorial Gym

So it's not a big win unless we go on to win the national championship?
    Had an impact on the overall program? JMO, but I think the bad loss to Arkansas and the bad loss to Arkansas State (both immediate) offset any gains we received from the wins.

The win vs. Cal State Fullerton and even the loss to Miss State in Starkville gave us hope and sold LOTS of tickets for 2017.

Had an impact on the overall program? JMO, but I think the bad loss to Arkansas and the bad loss to Arkansas State (both immediate) offset any gains we received from the wins.

The win vs. Cal State Fullerton and even the loss to Miss State in Starkville gave us hope and sold LOTS of tickets for 2017.
    I already explained why certain wins are big to me. My definition does not have to agree with yours.
    Good old Memorial Gym

I already explained why certain wins are big to me. My definition does not have to agree with yours.
    Yeah, I know. That's one reason I started the threads, but primarily to gauge the feelings of some posters and get a feel for what is "acceptable" now vs. 20 years ago.

I think you'll agree that last year was a huge let down from 2016, so not much that happened last year was really big to me other than what Nate was able to do.

Yeah, I know. That's one reason I started the threads, but primarily to gauge the feelings of some posters and get a feel for what is "acceptable" now vs. 20 years ago.

I think you'll agree that last year was a huge let down from 2016, so not much that happened last year was really big to me other than what Nate was able to do.
    Yep. I was there in Biloxi for the final letdowns. But, early in the season there were lots of good moments, and -- to me -- they were good wins.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

90% of the fringe fans couldn't tell you we lost to Arkansas and A-State - they only remember the wins....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

IIRC we won 13 games vs. Top 25 opponents over the last 2 years.

IMO the biggest was the wild Rice sweep at the Love Shack that clinched our NCAA at-large bid. That Game 2 vs. Rice on Friday night was absolutely nuts. I'll never forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

IMO the biggest was the wild Rice sweep at the Love Shack that clinched our NCAA at-large bid.
    I like it, but I like the CSF win more.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

IMO the biggest was the wild Rice sweep at the Love Shack that clinched our NCAA at-large bid. That Game 2 vs. Rice on Friday night was absolutely nuts. I'll never forget it.
    I would argue it was maybe top 5 regular season wins all time...

Actually - I don't think you can count post season wins...

You get the luck of the draw and the add circumstance of postseason

Which is a totally different stratum all together

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Actually - I don't think you can count post season wins...

You get the luck of the draw and the add circumstance of postseason

Which is a totally different stratum all together
    I believe the wins in Starkville did more to help our ticket sales and baseball attendance last year than than anything else. Obviously the Rice series was HUGE and put us over the top, but the momentum continued after that series into Hattiesburg, then to Starkville.

I don't believe our team did anything last year that will boost our ticket sales and/our attendance going into 2018.

+ Reply to Thread