+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CENLA Fires Coaches

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

CENLA Fires Coaches

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...03/1006/SPORTS

I really hate this for Matt. He's a Tech guy and will make somebody a great coach.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: CENLA Fires Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...03/1006/SPORTS

I really hate this for Matt. He's a Tech guy and will make somebody a great coach.
    the whole thing is odd isn't it? I know the Caldwell folks are smiling just a little however. Im sure they hope to get two of their star players back.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

yep...the whole thing seems pretty weird...from inception to date.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy allhoney247 has turned a few heads around hereallhoney247 has turned a few heads around hereallhoney247 has turned a few heads around here

I hate it as well! Unfortunately, it seems Cenla Christian Academy is following in similar steps as LA College in the past few years. It boils down to a HUGE power struggle of egos Word here in A-town on the street is that the "curse words" used were something along the lines of moron and idiot. Although I don't agree with name-calling, I understand coaching (I've raise 3 sons who have all played athletics). It's a real shame for these coaches AND the players of this new school. I don't think they are off to a very good start if they hope to recruit for their school (either academically or athletically) if this is the kind of legalism they promote. I am disappointed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    the whole thing is odd isn't it? I know the Caldwell folks are smiling just a little however. Im sure they hope to get two of their star players back.
    Very strange. Matt was going to have a tough year at Caldwell this year with the loss of key players. I was told that they painted a picture at CENLA of them being committed to become the next ECU/Calvary/Parkview Baptist. Actually had a "plan" in place. Something blew up on them. Just guessing, but I'd say he upset the wrong Church Elder$.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I don't know anything but what I read today in the paper. Without knowing more, it sounds like more of the same in the thread about hitting a player's helment. If "they" are successful in feminizing football, we are sunk.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm not trying to justify the dismissals, and I'm not trying to "eat one of our own", but it sounds like Matt's ego was too big for his own good. According to his quote about being "one ego couldn't deal with another" in a clash of egos, surely he had to be smart enough to know who would win that battle. Apparently, there was some ongoing conflict in order for him to assume it was about the egos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm not trying to justify the dismissals, and I'm not trying to "eat one of our own", but it sounds like Matt's ego was too big for his own good. According to his quote about being "one ego couldn't deal with another" in a clash of egos, surely he had to be smart enough to know who would win that battle. Apparently, there was some ongoing conflict in order for him to assume it was about the egos.
    Just heard at lunch today that Preacher Dickens had an eighth grade son who was going to be a great QB someday (according to the Preacher of course). The person telling me this said that Preacher Dickens felt the need to stay on the sidelines during games and "help" coach. If this is true, I can see where the egos may have clashed.

Puppy allhoney247 has turned a few heads around hereallhoney247 has turned a few heads around hereallhoney247 has turned a few heads around here

Just heard at lunch today that Preacher Dickens had an eighth grade son who was going to be a great QB someday (according to the Preacher of course). The person telling me this said that Preacher Dickens felt the need to stay on the sidelines during games and "help" coach. If this is true, I can see where the egos may have clashed.
    I heard the same story, so it must be true:icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I can see it also, and I'm not saying the preacher was right. I'm just saying that in this little power struggle of egos, surely Coach Matt should have known who would win out and just bided his time until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I can see it also, and I'm not saying the preacher was right. I'm just saying that in this little power struggle of egos, surely Coach Matt should have known who would win out and just bided his time until the end of the season.
    Why would you expect Matt to be able to do that? You know that neither one of us (me or you) could. Just like any self respecting male who had space being invaded, he probably told him to keep his butt out of his huddles and let him do his job.

Why would you expect Matt to be able to do that? You know that neither one of us (me or you) could. Just like any self respecting male who had space being invaded, he probably told him to keep his butt out of his huddles and let him do his job.
    Come on now, maddawg. You know I would have held my tongue in check. I do it all the time in Bernice.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I only had one coach that I wouldn't trust over a preacher and he was an alcoholic.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I heard the preacher wanted his 8th grade son to actually play, not just dress out. Middleton will never be confused with a saint but the guy does have good qualities and is a very good coach who's been around.

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I heard the preacher wanted his 8th grade son to actually play, not just dress out. Middleton will never be confused with a saint but the guy does have good qualities and is a very good coach who's been around.

That's just plain crazy. I think I would have quit long before I'd have gotten fired. Or maybe call a naked bootleg.

+ Reply to Thread