+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 375 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 5613

Thread: President Trump

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Serious question- who was the last president that was fit to be president?

How about last person fit to be Speaker of the House?
    They were all elected, so they were all fit to hold the office. Some were real pieces of you-know-what, but only Guisslapp gets to decide all by himself who deserves the job.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

The last best Speaker to me was Newt. While he could be called an establishment Republican.. he sees that the tide has changed. What has disappointed me most is that G.W. Bush was more of a old school blue dog democrat than republican.. I guess that's how much things have shifted in last few years.. I used to think Bill Kristol was a conservative.. He is just part of the establishment uniparty. Paul Ryan, John Boehner, Flake, Romney are all uniparty Rinos..

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

To bad there isn’t a lower term for Flake he has certainly earned any applied to him and then some.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich.

But, while Trump leaves something to be desired in his personal choices he is doing a great job as POTUS. I have said something similar of Bill Clinton. Billy Boy is a scoundrel and worse! he committed treasonous acts re: the sale of missile technology to the Chicoms and that whole Pacific fiber optic line scandal. But, the truth is, the economy was great on his watch. I didn't vote for him either time, and I didn't like how he disrespected the office, but facts are facts, he did well for the economy. Now, Trump is in the same vein. One can readily dislike him personally but if honest have to say, he's doing great things for our country. He is.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Depends on how you define fit. According to Frisco, it looks like fit involves "fighting back" (I'm assuming here as he is most disappointed in GWB, but it must not be because of overspending as he seems to support Trump who's far worse on that count). Bush was an honorable man who I vehemently disagreed with regarding government spending. Now, much of that revolved around the war. I think the Iraq war has a lot of hindsight 20/20 going on. We debated for months while Hussein was making sure we wouldn't find anything once we got in.

Of course, your question is just whataboutism. It doesn't defend Trump's fitness, just tries to point out that nobody is fit. Maybe you're right. If you are, you're proving my point. We continue to vote for these "lesser of two evils" candidates and we keep getting evil options. No thanks. I'm out.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Depends on how you define fit. According to Frisco, it looks like fit involves "fighting back" (I'm assuming here as he is most disappointed in GWB, but it must not be because of overspending as he seems to support Trump who's far worse on that count). Bush was an honorable man who I vehemently disagreed with regarding government spending. Now, much of that revolved around the war. I think the Iraq war has a lot of hindsight 20/20 going on. We debated for months while Hussein was making sure we wouldn't find anything once we got in.

Of course, your question is just whataboutism. It doesn't defend Trump's fitness, just tries to point out that nobody is fit. Maybe you're right. If you are, you're proving my point. We continue to vote for these "lesser of two evils" candidates and we keep getting evil options. No thanks. I'm out.
    I agree with what you said about Bush with his spending. I don't like Trump's spending either, I don't think he had a choice with this Covid-19 crashing the economy. Not happy with what happened before though. I do believe that GWB was caring and respected the troops.. there were several policies that seemed uniparty. And to answer your question regarding fighting back, Yes, I'm tired of Republicans being doormats to democrats and their media propaganda machines. Trump does take it too far much of the time, but please tell me a Republican that pushed back against false media claims instead of just rolling over and ignoring it and allowing it to continue?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Trump does take it too far much of the time, but please tell me a Republican that pushed back against false media claims instead of just rolling over and ignoring it and allowing it to continue?
    But to what effect? It's certainly continued. He's supercharged it because he's so loose with his mouth. He writes the stories for them.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I just hope he uses duties against China to pay this back and not income taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    But to what effect? It's certainly continued. He's supercharged it because he's so loose with his mouth. He writes the stories for them.
    So do you prefer a POTUS being a doormat and just "taking the high road and saying nothing" when media says things that are not true, just to obviously get in a dig? Right or wrong, Trump has forced the media to come out in the open to what many of us have believed for decades or more and that the majority of the main stream media, and large newspapers are heavily biased in their reporting and favor democrats. I don't mind that they are, it's just that they won't admit it and try to present themselves as unbiased which is not true at all. They should be held accountable to a higher standard.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    So do you prefer a POTUS being a doormat and just "taking the high road and saying nothing" when media says things that are not true, just to obviously get in a dig? Right or wrong, Trump has forced the media to come out in the open to what many of us have believed for decades or more and that the majority of the main stream media, and large newspapers are heavily biased in their reporting and favor democrats. I don't mind that they are, it's just that they won't admit it and try to present themselves as unbiased which is not true at all. They should be held accountable to a higher standard.
    Trump lies constantly, which the responsible media, must continue to call out.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Here's an idea...

Every time you hear him lie in the future, let us know what he lied about.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Who watches the watchmen?

The responsible media- we need some now more than ever.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Here's an idea...

LOL! touche'

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Here's an idea...

He lies more frequently than I post.

He lies more frequently than I post.
    Cop out!

+ Reply to Thread