+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for Ahmaud

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Justice for Ahmaud

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Arbery ran to the opposite side of the truck than the idiot driver was on. The idiot driver then went to that side to confront Arbery.

The confrontation started in all aspects by the idiots in the vehicle.
    What video did you watch? Your bolded statement above doesn't appear to be true in the video I recall watching (I admit it's been a few days since I watched it.) As I recall it, the video I watched does NOT show the Redneck shooter going to the passenger side of the truck to initiate contact. Rather, it shows the opposite. It shows the two combatants got entangled closer to the driver's side of the truck after the jogger darted quickly --at roughly a 90-degree angle-- to initiate the "hand to hand" fight. But one was carrying a gun, and one wasn't.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    In GA, what would be manslaughter can be seen as murder if the murder takes place while committing a felony. Arbery's team will attempt to prove false imprisonment.
    Say what!? I can't see that sticking.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 Georgia CodeTITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
    CHAPTER 5 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
    ARTICLE 3 - KIDNAPPING, FALSE IMPRISONMENT, AND RELATED OFFENSES
    § 16-5-41 - False imprisonment

O.C.G.A. 16-5-41 (2010)
    16-5-41. False imprisonment

(a) A person commits the offense of false imprisonment when, in violation of the personal liberty of another, he arrests, confines, or detains such person without legal authority.

(b) A person convicted of the offense of false imprisonment shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than ten years.

(c) Any person convicted under this Code section wherein the victim is not the child of the defendant and the victim is less than 14 years of age shall, in addition, be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Section 17-10-6.2.
    https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia...cle-3/16-5-41/
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Still a bit of a reach, IMO. It's not like the morons grabbed Ahmaud, tied him up, and held him somewhere for some period of time. The whole exchange was over in a matter of seconds.

I don't know Georgia law, both the code and how such laws have been interpreted (case law), but I am fairly certain in Louisiana citizens have every right to detain a suspected criminal, pending the arrival of the police. That doesn't give you a license to beat the crap out of someone, or to shoot 'em, but simple restraint, like from fleeing the scene, is permitted.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Still a bit of a reach, IMO. It's not like the morons grabbed Ahmaud, tied him up, and held him somewhere for some period of time. The whole exchange was over in a matter of seconds.

I don't know Georgia law, both the code and how such laws have been interpreted (case law), but I am fairly certain in Louisiana citizens have every right to detain a suspected criminal, pending the arrival of the police. That doesn't give you a license to beat the crap out of someone, or to shoot 'em, but simple restraint, like from fleeing the scene, is permitted.
    The only substantial difference in the Louisiana Law and the Georgia Law is the penalty. In both states, you must have first hand knowledge of a felony act committed by the one detained.

Personally, I'd rather be tied up than held at gunpoint by two morons.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

All they observed , maybe, is trespassing nothing more. They had no legal reason to detain him. I’m sure if you were a young black man being chased by two armed people in a truck the thought most paramount in your mind is I’m fixing to be killed, do I continue running until I’m shot or try to find someway to get control of the situation. No one needed to die in this situation. Those guys are morons.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The only substantial difference in the Louisiana Law and the Georgia Law is the penalty. In both states, you must have first hand knowledge of a felony act committed by the one detained.

Personally, I'd rather be tied up than held at gunpoint by two morons.
    I never saw the rednecks "detain" the jogger in the video. (But I admit, there may be more video than what I've seen.) To the contrary, the rednecks seemed to have kept their distance from the jogger until the jogger attacked one of the rednecks.

But no worries for you. So many people are rushing to judgement and race baiting on this one, the shooter doesn't have a chance in court.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I never saw the rednecks "detain" the jogger in the video. (But I admit, there may be more video than what I've seen.) To the contrary, the rednecks seemed to have kept their distance from the jogger until the jogger attacked one of the rednecks.

But no worries for you. So many people are rushing to judgement and race baiting on this one, the shooter doesn't have a chance in court.
    You should reread the police report and stop listening to anyone who describes this as anything less than manslaughter.

We’ve covered this already. The video shows the final interaction, but according to the police report, the McMichaels caught up with him. He kept running. They then got in front of him blocking his path while brandishing firearms.

Now HD, we know that you may be fast enough to outrun a truck, but maybe Arbery isn’t as fast as you.

And, people should be outraged. At BEST this is vigilante behavior. At worst, it’s a lynching. Neither of which should be tolerated in the least.

You can bet that somebody is going to be going over every murder case McMichael has worked in his career with a fine tooth comb. That’s good!

Why some on the right are bending over backward to somehow justify this is amazing to me. Here’s hoping you’re not influenced by any of them. Candace Owens is making an extraordinary ass of herself...not that she doesn’t have a lot of experience.

You should reread the police report and stop listening to anyone who describes this as anything less than manslaughter.

We’ve covered this already. The video shows the final interaction, but according to the police report, the McMichaels caught up with him. He kept running. They then got in front of him blocking his path while brandishing firearms.

Now HD, we know that you may be fast enough to outrun a truck, but maybe Arbery isn’t as fast as you.

And, people should be outraged. At BEST this is vigilante behavior. At worst, it’s a lynching. Neither of which should be tolerated in the least.

You can bet that somebody is going to be going over every murder case McMichael has worked in his career with a fine tooth comb. That’s good!

Why some on the right are bending over backward to somehow justify this is amazing to me. Here’s hoping you’re not influenced by any of them. Candace Owens is making an extraordinary ass of herself...not that she doesn’t have a lot of experience.

You are a racist and a sexist! Just because she's an African American woman you think it's okay to bash her and attack her. Shame on you!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What video did you watch? Your bolded statement above doesn't appear to be true in the video I recall watching (I admit it's been a few days since I watched it.) As I recall it, the video I watched does NOT show the Redneck shooter going to the passenger side of the truck to initiate contact. Rather, it shows the opposite. It shows the two combatants got entangled closer to the driver's side of the truck after the jogger darted quickly --at roughly a 90-degree angle-- to initiate the "hand to hand" fight. But one was carrying a gun, and one wasn't.
    Let me rephrase to be more precise.

The idiot driver moved around his door to be in front of his truck to confront Arbery after Arbery had changed direction.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Let me rephrase to be more precise.

The idiot driver moved around his door to be in front of his truck to confront Arbery after Arbery had changed direction.
    Yes, that's what I saw in the crucial video too.

I've seen mixed info on whether or not false imprisonment is a felony in GA. Aggravated Assault is a felony...I believe the two charges were murder and aggravated assault. As I said earlier, manslaughter that takes place during the commission of a felony is considered murder in GA.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen mixed info on whether or not false imprisonment is a felony in GA. Aggravated Assault is a felony...I believe the two charges were murder and aggravated assault. As I said earlier, manslaughter that takes place during the commission of a felony is considered murder in GA.
    Interesting that you find this case so compelling. It’s not like black people aren’t getting killed every day in staggering numbers. Or that many more blacks kill whites than the other way around. So what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Interesting that you find this case so compelling. It’s not like black people aren’t getting killed every day in staggering numbers. Or that many more blacks kill whites than the other way around. So what is it?
    Did you have to take an online course in whataboutism or is it natural talent?

You still sitting tight until all the facts are in?

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Do you think this should be prosecuted as a hate crime?

+ Reply to Thread