+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Band Organization Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: NEW Band Organization Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I love the current music arrangements. Tubas and low brass need to crank it a little more, IMO. Don't let me down.

PS. I think it's time to retire the "Horse".
    You shut your dirty asian mouth, the Horse should never die!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    1. Do not drop mouthpiece, neck & bits
    2. Tuba players supply their own mouthpieces
    3. Neck & bits go in old Crown Royal bag with mouthpieces
    4. Do not drop mouthpiece, neck & bits
    5. Do not WHACK neck & bits with mouthpiece if they are stuck
    6. DO NOT DROP MOUTHPIECE, NECK & BITS!!!!!!

Follow these rules and they will last a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. I still have my mouthpiece from middle school, almost 20 years ago...
    Start imposing fines, I threatened that at one point as section leader, and I definetly setup a pushup punishment for drops.
    If you don't have a Crown Royal bag, buy you a bottle and finish it this weekend.

Crown Royal bags, it's used for many things in band...trumpet mute bag, slip cover for instrument stand, tuba neck pouch.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    You shut your dirty asian mouth, the Horse should never die!
    Racist. Let's compromise, how about retiring Can't Turn You Loose for something modern?

Bulldog lillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nice

The reason mouthpieces are being dropped is because the screw doesn't tighten up enough needs to be sent to the shop. The neck and bits just swing around at will. Speaking of I hope no one is planning on playing tuba for homecoming we don't have any more working tubas just FYI. I like the idea of the pouches if you don't it's fine just find other ways to get them.

Puppy guard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the ears

fixed the bag problem. havent fixed the broke ass sousa problem. as equipment manager i am on these guys CONSTANTLY about dropping their mouthpieces. jrob bought 8 new mouthpieces and necks/bits. lets not even talk about how bad they are already. someone has literally twisted the neck on one brand new set. busted the sodder and twisted....like a piece of plastic....the neck. lo is right, the the screws that hold the neck into the tuba are either stripped out, missing, or dont tighten at all. joints on the bodies are loose and have already been resoldered (sp?) for free by a gentleman but alas they didnt hold. cases are busted. wheels are missing. foam padding is missing. i could go on and on.

anyone know of the best equipment weld/soldering (sp?) that we can get so i can actually fix these damn things? the stuff weve had in the equipment room for the last 4 years is electronic solder and not worth a damn.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guard_dawg View Post
    fixed the bag problem. havent fixed the broke ass sousa problem. as equipment manager i am on these guys CONSTANTLY about dropping their mouthpieces. jrob bought 8 new mouthpieces and necks/bits. lets not even talk about how bad they are already. someone has literally twisted the neck on one brand new set. busted the sodder and twisted....like a piece of plastic....the neck. lo is right, the the screws that hold the neck into the tuba are either stripped out, missing, or dont tighten at all. joints on the bodies are loose and have already been resoldered (sp?) for free by a gentleman but alas they didnt hold. cases are busted. wheels are missing. foam padding is missing. i could go on and on.

anyone know of the best equipment weld/soldering (sp?) that we can get so i can actually fix these damn things? the stuff weve had in the equipment room for the last 4 years is electronic solder and not worth a damn.
    Easy fix for the screw problem is to get some thin cork and put it around the neck, also the band should not be buying mouthpieces, that is the one piece of equipment tuba players have to buy. They've been there a decade, so wear and tear is to be expected, and soldering the cross joints isn't enough they will just keep cracking as it is a flex point, gotta do something a little more heavy duty.

Bulldog lillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nice

It's not about what the band should be or shouldn't be buying it is more about TUBA providing all of the needs for this section. We can't do that unless we start getting financial support. We don't want the band to pay for anything this section needs that is why I started this organization. As I mentioned from the beginning, we want to take responsibility for repairs and replacement of things. The only way that is going to happen is if we get support. I've thrown out various fundraising ideas and I've literally spent the entire quarter break looking for others.

I FINALLY got an account opened with University foundation and also just so happens the BOP has an account opened as well.. Please support us both in our efforts. Just mention Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha or our account number is 0408 call Alumni Center 318-255-7950. It's been a long time coming for this.

Thanks for your support,
    Co-founder and President

Thanks to everyone who donated money for us to go to San Diego. I just wanted to remind you of our goals as well. Right now, our number one priority is to purchase 16 brand new tuba cases. Why do we need new cases? The ones we currently have are broken or just flat out busted. No wheels, no casing to put new wheels on, they don't latch nor do most even close properly. They are also over sized and overweight which causes a major problem when we travel. I got a quote a while back for 390.00 a case for 5 of them so I am pretty sure I can get them down to lower for 16. Our total funding need to purchase everything we need is $22,000. Don't need it all at once but it would be helpful. We are trying to do some fundraisers to cut down on some of that costs as well.
    Thanks,
    Co-founder and President

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

What other fundraisers are planned?

We are planning a cookout sell burgers and dogs things like that. Also, we are planning on doing a fundraising dinner. We are currently doing a spiritcup fundraiser but tech isn't offered so haven't gotten much response with that one. I've also ordered information bout other fundraisers we are gong to try. Its hard selling yo college students since most don't have money. We are truly trying but we need more help.

To*

Hello guys and gals,
    We are getting ready to start our biggest fundraiser and hopefully last for the year. We are planning on doing awareness bracelts just like the "Livestrong" ones. We can make a total profit of well over 19,000 minimum. We need some assistance with the start cost. Right now based on their site we need $1,000 upfront. We are thinking about putting #NOLALOVE. This is a movement that just started in my hometown of NOLA to help fight crime and fund more after school programs to keep kids off the street. Their website is nolalovemovement.org. We want to give a portion of our proceeds to them to support their efforts as well as meet our goals. There are a lot of people on this board we can get this moving pretty quickly hopefully. You can send in donations to the University Foundation c/o Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha. 318-255-7950. I will get the official quote as soon as I can.

Thanks

Has anyone donated anything yet? We are ready to get started. I have uploaded some new photos to our website and facebook page to show what we have been up to. "Like" us on facebook.

+ Reply to Thread