+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Former Techster" Roster

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: "Former Techster" Roster

Maybe Coach Barmore can get this group of Lady Techster superstars and their teammates on the CHAMPS roster.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

Didnt' Amanda Wilson play on a travel team last year that played the Techsters? If I remember she had a great game. Don't think this Techsters team should be scared but they better approach this game for real. Even though it doesn't go on their record for the year.

I would think they would practice sometime Wednesday, but Katie Hall has connects all around town so you can't be to sure they haven't go together already!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article on Barmore preparing for the Thursday game in the Shreveport paper today.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Maybe Coach Barmore can get this group of Lady Techster superstars and their teammates on the CHAMPS roster.
    Speaking of that, is it too early to start hitting Tasha up for the "Tasha Williams :::whatever we want something new of:::" just yet?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D_dubb View Post
    Didnt' Amanda Wilson play on a travel team last year that played the Techsters? If I remember she had a great game. Don't think this Techsters team should be scared but they better approach this game for real. Even though it doesn't go on their record for the year.

I would think they would practice sometime Wednesday, but Katie Hall has connects all around town so you can't be to sure they haven't go together already!
    I sure wish we could clone another Amanda Wilson. ohhhhhh to see someone rebound like that again. :icon_wink:

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

The little kids are winning 38 to 35.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    The little kids are winning 38 to 35.
    Where are they in the game?

The little kids stormed ahead 51 to 43 with 11:03 left in the second half.

Got the live stats now. Good game so far for the new Techsters. MAN, Amanda Wilson has still got it!

About a minute left and it is tied.

CONGRATULATIONS NEW TECHSTERS! Tough exhibition for any team. Levingston was the offensive star.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

So yes, a win is a win. I gotta say that aside from the surprise of the season, Levingston, tonight's game (stats) is a little frightening. 25 turnovers against a team whose main players have not played competitively in several years.

The growing up must happen quickly. There are good signs, especially from newer players. Defense (as Champ pointed out) is learned, and I hope the learning happens soon.

Was this game being taken seriously by all who were involved?

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

That's what I was thinking.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I didn't see the Dillard game, but the atmosphere was really laid back. But Long really tightened up the last 90 seconds when the Legacy players tied it. Barmore was into it a little, but I've never seen him so laid back at a game. The Legacy players played with a lot of intensity and energy, but they were clearly a little rusty. Pam Hudson got on a real hot streak, hitting like 3 in a row, and Barmore pulled her for good. Not saying he threw the game, but I didn't really get that.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    So yes, a win is a win. I gotta say that aside from the surprise of the season, Levingston, tonight's game (stats) is a little frightening. 25 turnovers against a team whose main players have not played competitively in several years.

The growing up must happen quickly. There are good signs, especially from newer players. Defense (as Champ pointed out) is learned, and I hope the learning happens soon.
    That is a pretty fair assessment. The Techsters need to tighten it up in a big way. They played really soft defense and were pretty sloppy with the ball. A few bright spots, but they have a lot of work to do to make any showing in the WAC.

This game was FUN! It was AWESOME seeing the players from my era, and Cheryl Ford showed up and was Barmore's assistant. It was funny listening to the Hoop Troop trying to figure out how to cheer. They ended up just cheering for everyone and heckling only the refs. They did the red carpet thing for all the Legacy players as well as the current Techster starters.

The thing that stood out to me was the difference between Barmore's team and the current Techsters. I haven't seen a Barmore-coached team in a long time, but I had forgotten how much fun they are to watch. The way they attacked the basket on O really gave me a flashback to the early 90s and watching Vickie Johnson, Kendra Neal, Katie Cochran, etc., back in the day. I personally prefer that style to this finesse stuff that Long seems to be working on, but to each his own, I guess.

Again, this was a really fun game. Not sure what it shows us about the team this year, but it was really fun. I'm glad Barmore and the alumnae did this. It really made my year.

Think we could get a men's game like this next year?

+ Reply to Thread