+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burroughs to replace Goff - TNS

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Christian Ostrander

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...er_993646.html

http://www.jcjcathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=11

Not sure about him being a native of Monroe. I was told Marshall, Texas.

Edit: born in Monroe

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: Christian Ostrander

My vote is cast for Ostrander.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

So is mine. He has head coaching experience. He is a leader. He did an outstanding job with our pitching staff. He is our guy!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

And...I finished a conversation about 5 minutes ago that leads to these comments: He will stay here no doubt and invest in this program. He knows alumni want to win but also want someone to stay here a build. The players want him...and it is completely different than the DM situation. He has the experience. He has the personality. He has the ability. He has the desire to be here. And the players have been blowing up his phone today. He is going to give everything he has to get this gig.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    And...I finished a conversation about 5 minutes ago that leads to these comments: He will stay here no doubt and invest in this program. He knows alumni want to win but also want someone to stay here a build. The players want him...and it is completely different than the DM situation. He has the experience. He has the personality. He has the ability. He has the desire to be here. And the players have been blowing up his phone today. He is going to give everything he has to get this gig.
    Our fan base and players deserves someone that will sick around to get our baseball program really back as Goff only days ago said. I feel about this ordeal like verbal commitments that are broken aka Parkway QB. Don't get emotional with us and tell us you recruited players telling them to stick with us, we are building something special here and then you bolt days later. Again, I understand the $$$-I get it. I just see Rice, USL and Tulane baseball coach stay. The point-they have a program that wins consisently. Every time we do good in a sport, its a mixed blessing. First thing I thought about after our 42 win season-there goes our coach. Makes it hard to really enjoy winning. Ok it is out of my system-still stucks.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Either McCarty or Ostrander should be the obvious choice. If we could somehow get them both for next year we would be in an awesome situation.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Hire him now and be done with it. Write up a good contract.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I want a coach that says, "while I'm here, I will do all I can to make this program the best in conference and a regional contender every year."

Be reasonable and don't promise to "stay the course", "build something special", or "all in and I love Ruston". That will make me happy. I have never promised to stay in a job "no matter what". I have really enjoyed several jobs, but no job is perfect or worth promising that I am married to them.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Either McCarty or Ostrander should be the obvious choice. If we could somehow get them both for next year we would be in an awesome situation.
    Goff not already taking these guys for himself?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    McCarty, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Goff not already taking these guys for himself?
    Yes he has offered both Ostrander and our hitting coach. Hulse is already gone.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    McCarty, not so much.

Yes he has offered both Ostrander and our hitting coach. Hulse is already gone.
    Hitting coach went back to Miss State-so besides not sticking to committment to keep building up our program-Goff is trying to leave the cabinets bare. Just like with basketball probably will lose commitments and some current players. No wonder we have trouble building a base of support. All of this makes me sick.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Hitting coach went back to Miss State-so besides not sticking to committment to keep building up our program-Goff is trying to leave the cabinets bare. Just like with basketball probably will lose commitments and some current players. No wonder we have trouble building a base of support. All of this makes me sick.
    Wells? Where did you hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Wells? Where did you hear this?
    Somebody started the rumor here on THE BBB.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Somebody started the rumor here on THE BBB.
    seems Sean Isabella might have hinted at Wells going back to Miss State. I also read it somewhere other than THE BBB

seems Sean Isabella might have hinted at Wells going back to Miss State. I also read it somewhere other than THE BBB
    I'll take responsibility for putting it here.

I was told Wells would be gone to Miss. St. if Goff was hired. That was not the case. Not sure he will stick around much longer though.

+ Reply to Thread