+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brando has been GREAT to TECH this year...

Varsity Bulldog AgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the rough

Re: Brando has been GREAT to TECH this year...

These guys get tons of stupid emails and tweets every day that they ignore. Eventually, they'll reach the tipping point and it might not even be from one of the dumb ones.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

For the first time in several years, I signed up for the sports package in digital on Cox in Fayetteville and now watch Brando and was very pleased to find the Tech helmet behind him this week (and right now). First time to have the sports package since getting first flatscreen maybe four years ago. On the ESPN3-only game days, I watch on flatscreen by running 12-foot hdmi cord from mac laptop to it. Much better than old mac laptop that couldn't hook up by hdmi. Gotta find a way to connect cable box to recorder next. It seems that the cable box has only one hdmi outlet and the 4 or 5 year-old magnavox (VHS and DVD combination recorder) has an output but not an input spot for hdmi.
    And the replays on ESPN3, on Big 10 channel, etc., are great for late-night breaks from multi-tasking on the puter. Also appreciated having Cox Sports for the UNLV game, even though it isn't in the digital tier here but unavailable without having the sports package. Great to have lived long enough to enjoy all this information access. But still disappointing that the top 25 teams are the only ones getting full coverage from most networks. Hope Tech can stay in top 25 through the bowl season!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgTech View Post
    These guys get tons of stupid emails and tweets every day that they ignore. Eventually, they'll reach the tipping point and it might not even be from one of the dumb ones.
    I agree with you. It's also hard to tell emotion/sarcasm/excitement/anger/etc. in something typed on the internet/texts, especially in 140 characters or less. This board uses emoticons to help, but it is not always successful.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Not attacking Brando at all, but this situation reminds me of the issues we have had with 97.7 in the past and is similar to some of our home attendance issues.

Even someone who considers themselves a regular follower of Tim Brando's shows may not watch every one, and they may not have caught one in quite a while. Brando seems like he has been on our side for a while and has been displaying the Tech helmet for a while so who knows what the issue was here.

The guys on 97.7 get offended when someone acts like they don't cover Tech enough, but the fact of the matter is that if I tune in to their show and I don't find it entertaining because they aren't talking about Tech, I probably won't know it when they do finally start talking about Tech. I have made a special effort to listen to 97.7 the last few weeks because I expected they would be talking Tech, but there are a lot of people that won't give them that second chance.

The same is true for our gameday experience. I thought they did a much better job with concessions for the UNLV game, but it was already too late for some of the people we may have lost. They may not have any way of knowing that those things improved.

Sorry: just some random thoughts that I wanted to get out.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    For the first time in several years, I signed up for the sports package in digital on Cox in Fayetteville and now watch Brando and was very pleased to find the Tech helmet behind him this week (and right now). First time to have the sports package since getting first flatscreen maybe four years ago. On the ESPN3-only game days, I watch on flatscreen by running 12-foot hdmi cord from mac laptop to it. Much better than old mac laptop that couldn't hook up by hdmi. Gotta find a way to connect cable box to recorder next. It seems that the cable box has only one hdmi outlet and the 4 or 5 year-old magnavox (VHS and DVD combination recorder) has an output but not an input spot for hdmi.
    And the replays on ESPN3, on Big 10 channel, etc., are great for late-night breaks from multi-tasking on the puter. Also appreciated having Cox Sports for the UNLV game, even though it isn't in the digital tier here but unavailable without having the sports package. Great to have lived long enough to enjoy all this information access. But still disappointing that the top 25 teams are the only ones getting full coverage from most networks. Hope Tech can stay in top 25 through the bowl season!
    Aub, I agree with this. When ESPNU and other networks came along, I was hopeful that coverage would extend much deeper than the over-and-over same-old coverage of the Top 25 on their main networks. But it rarely does.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog Brister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the rough Brister's Avatar

@TimBrando: @Brister4prez It was meant to drive home a point. The fan base needs t catch a BUZZ about this game. I've had your helmet and HC on a lot!

@Brister4prez: @TimBrando From a tech fan, thank you! Number 2! Love the show.

@TimBrando: @Brister4prez Thanks and I apologize if I came off sounding a bit too sensitive.

Yes it was me who made the tweet. So before you start a thread about how stupid it was, know the facts.

I came in from working out this morning, turned on the Brando show and saw the Tech helmet featured. I was happy to see the helmet for the first time! I made the tweet out of excitement and not meant to disrespect Timmy B. In our tweets back and forth, you can tell he was looking for any excuse to call out the Tech fan base for not supporting this great team.

I'm sorry that the tweet was taken out of context, I assure you that was not the intent. That being said, it had Timmy B talking a little more about the game and that is just more advertisement.

I'll be at the game on Saturday, driving round trip sixteen hours to see my third game of the season. Houston and Illinois being the other two.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Nice explanation and followup. I apologize for thinking poorly of you.

Varsity Bulldog Brister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the rough Brister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    Nice explanation and followup. I apologize for thinking poorly of you.
    Thank you for the apology. Go dogs.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brister View Post
    Thank you for the apology. Go dogs.
    Its not dogs it is DAWGS! Can't you get anything right!?
    :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Its not dogs it is DAWGS! Can't you get anything right!?
    :icon_wink:
    Well to be honest, with the way things are escalating today, I thought by 3pm Georgia would send me a c&d letter.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

@TimBrando: @Brister4prez It was meant to drive home a point. The fan base needs t catch a BUZZ about this game. I've had your helmet and HC on a lot!

@Brister4prez: @TimBrando From a tech fan, thank you! Number 2! Love the show.

@TimBrando: @Brister4prez Thanks and I apologize if I came off sounding a bit too sensitive.

Yes it was me who made the tweet. So before you start a thread about how stupid it was, know the facts.

I came in from working out this morning, turned on the Brando show and saw the Tech helmet featured. I was happy to see the helmet for the first time! I made the tweet out of excitement and not meant to disrespect Timmy B. In our tweets back and forth, you can tell he was looking for any excuse to call out the Tech fan base for not supporting this great team.

I'm sorry that the tweet was taken out of context, I assure you that was not the intent. That being said, it had Timmy B talking a little more about the game and that is just more advertisement.

I'll be at the game on Saturday, driving round trip sixteen hours to see my third game of the season. Houston and Illinois being the other two.
    Good!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brister View Post
    well to be honest, with the way things are escalating today, i thought by 3pm georgia would send me a c&d letter.
    funny!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well to be honest, with the way things are escalating today, I thought by 3pm Georgia would send me a c&d letter.
    Nicely played, sir!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I don't know how to text or tweet.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Is a "tweet" a description of passing gas?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread