+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dogtor Evil's Gun Thread

I would like a tinkering gun like that but will never get our of .223. Cheap ammo is cheap ammo. I really like the Socom .457 but jeesh!! 79.99 for a box of 20!! I'll pass.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Im looking at it from the "which one am i gonna take with me" perspective. I find i like shooting the 65's more than my 223. If my shtf ammo was 65 instead of 223 the 223 would be for sale today.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I understand. I got so much different types of ammo for my 556, I would be hard pressed to choose anything else I currently have.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Nice looking rifle! Hope it shoots as good as it looks! My next build will definitely be a Grendel. I was on the fence between it and 6.8SPCII last time, and went with the latter. Don't regret it at all, but I always want to try something new.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Because we had steady 12 mph wind with gusts up to 17, I didn't bother trying to shoot a group Friday. I just wanted to get it on paper and see how much effect the wind had on poi. First two shots set the scope to about +/-2" low at 25. Shots three and four were at 100 1" apart, shots five and six at 200 were 1/2" apart. At that point, I decided not to use any more ammo in those conditions, but I just couldn't resist. I checked my chart dialed in 6 moa elevation , held about two inches to the left edge of a 12" gong at 400. The round impacted two inches from the right edge

I just grinned and left for the crawfish boil.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

So I bought a Sig P938 a couple of months back for a conceal carry firearm thinking if I buy the gun I'll take the class. Life happened and got busy. Anyway, I've committed myself to take the class next month and start shooting. Anyone have any recommendations on holsters? Specifically, inside the waistband and under arm?

I've heard good things about these guys.

http://aliengearholsters.com

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    So I bought a Sig P938 a couple of months back for a conceal carry firearm thinking if I buy the gun I'll take the class. Life happened and got busy. Anyway, I've committed myself to take the class next month and start shooting. Anyone have any recommendations on holsters? Specifically, inside the waistband and under arm?

I've heard good things about these guys.

http://aliengearholsters.com
    I've tried them all. Regarding alien gear, you get what you pay for. Leather holsters make noise, including crossbreed. I've heard good things about all the brands. I've experienced bad or mediocre things with all the brands...

Except this one ---> http://stealthgearusa.com

Use these exclusively for all my CCWs.

And just some advice...don't just take that class. Take a bunch of classes and practice.

And get a good gun belt. This place has some pretty cool gear. http://www.511tactical.com

I have bought belts from these guys before also. https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I've tried them all. Regarding alien gear, you get what you pay for. Leather holsters make noise, including crossbreed. I've heard good things about all the brands. I've experienced bad or mediocre things with all the brands...

Except this one ---> http://stealthgearusa.com

Use these exclusively for all my CCWs.

And just some advice...don't just take that class. Take a bunch of classes and practice.

And get a good gun belt. This place has some pretty cool gear. http://www.511tactical.com

I have bought belts from these guys before also. https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts
    Thanks, I will look into those. I don't really care how much I need to spend on a quality holster. Thank you for the practice bit, it is something I intend to do.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    Thanks, I will look into those. I don't really care how much I need to spend on a quality holster. Thank you for the practice bit, it is something I intend to do.
    The biggest difference to me between the stealthgear and the others is that they aren't made from leather. I really liked my crossbreed holsters...and still do...except that after a while they start to creek. When someone hears it...and I'm not walking around in my sweet black leather pants with knee zippers and reinforced crotch...it tends to point to "hmm he must be wearing a holster." And the stealth gear breathe much better in the Louisiana heat and humidity, and much more comfortable than any of the leather holsters.

Conversely...my leather pants don't breathe much.

While laid up with my wisdom teeth ordeal i scored a Precision Firearms upper in 6.5 grendel. This one has a stainless Bartlien barrel. I'll just say i got it for almost half off new price.

That 223 is moving on down the list.

I recently got into Colt revolvers and have been selling some of my semi-auto pistols to pay for the habit. As soon as I sell my Sig-Pro 2340, I am going to go hunting for either a Colt Detective, Trooper or Official Police to add to my addiction.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

So, a week ago yesterday a strange guy in a silver car pulls up to me as I'm on an evening walk through my neighborhood and asks if I want to buy some of the "good sh!t" he's got in the car. I tell him he needs to carry himself somewhere else quickly as he's not wanted in our neighborhood. We jaw back and forth for about a minute and he drives off. I call the police to tell them what happened (mainly hoping they'll step up patrol where we are). They took my info and the license plate number of the guy. Yesterday I got a call informing me that the same guy has tried to do the same thing near a local park. When the cops came to talk to him, he fired on them. Read how the episode ended here.

I wasn't carrying on my walk. That won't happen again. Your CCW weapon does you no good in your safe.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1mL4z6IHk

Howa to introduce 6.5 Grendel bolt action. This is great news. I will definitely be purchasing one of these for my daughter. She currently uses one of my ar's but I would prefer her to have something simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    While laid up with my wisdom teeth ordeal i scored a Precision Firearms upper in 6.5 grendel. This one has a stainless Bartlien barrel. I'll just say i got it for almost half off new price.

This upper is shooting .3" groups at 100 yds with my 100 gr nosler ballistic tip reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post

Half of 13-1600? I'd love to hear it. I have a lower right now I am not too sure what to do with.

+ Reply to Thread