+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Boise St staying in MWC

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Boise St staying in MWC

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I agree with you. For your reasons above I would think 16 would be the number to hit for the MWC and BE at first as you know things are moving over the next two years at least.
    How does 16 make any sense for both leagues? I don't see it.

Neither conference has their own tv network promising millions upon millions upon even more millions that's 100% invested in the conference to ensure its long-term success if they expand into new markets.

A 16-team MW would be essentially the same as the 16-team WAC, which is now extinct as far as football goes.

I don't think SMU or Houston will switch to the MW as both appear to be committed to the Big East.

If Thompson can't lure SMU and Houston, how does he get to 16 members?

It's just a matter of time before Tulsa joins SMU and Houston.

Thompson has made it clear that the MW wants nothing to do with NM State or Idaho.

If Montana and Montana State move up, they wouldn't add any value to the MW either.

North Texas, Rice, UTSA, and UTEP? Is gaining the Texas market really worth eliminating rivalries and diluting their product that much? Would that earn the MW a significantly larger tv contract? I doubt it.

A 16-team conference really isn't a conference. It becomes an association because teams wouldn't ever really play against almost an entire half of the association. That's what destroyed the 16-team WAC.

Now how would the Big East get to 16 members if the MW gets to 16 members?

UConn and Cincinnati will be gone soon.

Too many schools would be blocked by Big East members in their respective states.

After that, there just aren't enough teams that would bring enough value to justify expanding that large.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-04-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I think that La Tech & USM should step up and take those two spots real quick before someone else does! YOU NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU ASK!

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    http://voices.idahostatesman.com/201...ot_case_with_b

Looks like SDSU is staying with Boise!!!!
    I think SDSU will end up as #12, but to be fair... the MWC *has* to be talking to San Diego State primarily at the moment. It's in their agreement with Boise.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I think that La Tech & USM should step up and take those two spots real quick before someone else does! YOU NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU ASK!
    Exactly!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't get it! I am sorry Paralex, but Houston and SMU need to just come back to CUSA. Tulane would follow. CUSA could get a better TV deal with Houston and SMU included than the Big East can get. None of it makes sense anymore. I can see the allure during aq times, but that is over. The Big East is just another conference that will be like CUSA and MWC. CUSA WITH Houston and SMU is better than the Big East WITH Houston and SMU.

Don't get me wrong, if you are determined to stay, Tech needs to be trying to get there, as well. However, it would be easier on all parties for you to just come back. CUSA could work a great tv deal, kill the Big East, and would be more regional for you. All of that equals more fans in the seats and a better recruiting ground.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    justify expanding that large.
    twss

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I just don't get it! I am sorry Paralex, but Houston and SMU need to just come back to CUSA. Tulane would follow. CUSA could get a better TV deal with Houston and SMU included than the Big East can get. None of it makes sense anymore. I can see the allure during aq times, but that is over. The Big East is just another conference that will be like CUSA and MWC. CUSA WITH Houston and SMU is better than the Big East WITH Houston and SMU.

Don't get me wrong, if you are determined to stay, Tech needs to be trying to get there, as well. However, it would be easier on all parties for you to just come back. CUSA could work a great tv deal, kill the Big East, and would be more regional for you. All of that equals more fans in the seats and a better recruiting ground.

Yep. It makes no sense. At this point it seems like pride more than common sense. They could have a Southern regional based conference that is every bit as good as The Big East (if it still existed) and MWC. And with low travel costs to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

The problem now with CUSA is that you can't uninvite UNT, UTSA, FIU, W Ky, etc...... What we could do is work with USM and try to get two spots in the western BE before someone else grabs them!

UConn, Cincy, Temple, ECU, UCF, USF in the east where they could also try to grab UMass, along with the west: UH, SMU, Memphis, Tulane with Rice, USM & Tech!!!! Lose deadweight, UAB and Marshall!!!! I like that line-up for 14 teams in case Cincy and UConn bail on you later and maybe a better TV deal than CUSA has now!!!!!
    Last edited by DawgFaninHous; 01-04-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Just to further the thought, I know we do not have an AD worth a damn, but our new FB coach has ties to 3 of the Big East schools and his Dad works at ESPN, who would be offering the TV deal! Also our MBB coach has a Dad that is the AD at one of the top bball schools and he should have a little influence with east coast schools who would be voting????? Surely if we partner with USM they would have some help from the past CUSA schools?????

How nice it would be to have an AD who could do more and was creative!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DawgFaninHous; 01-04-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

So how many teams does this leave the BE now?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Would USM want to partner with us?

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Would USM want to partner with us?
    I sure hope so, if they don't I would be afraid we would be left behind with the Sunbelt boys! Our only hope is that USM see value in working with us and also that Tulsa and UTEP go west! Maybe, just maybe UH will want to leave Rice out and it could be Tulsa, USM & us, but I doubt that happens.

It is likely a long, long shot we can create a scenario where we go BE, but if we don't try to look creatively for any angle, we have no shot!

I just can't see Skip Holtz not trying to help get us re-affiliated with the old CUSA schools. He should have some contacts and I would hope he, Steve D. and Dr. Guice see the urgency. Otherwise, we will not be happy playing UTSA, UNT, FAU, MTSU, WKy, etc......

We want to be playing and should be playing USM, UH, SMU, ECU, etc. It will be a long time before we get the stars to align like they are right now. If we sit on our hands we may never get this shot again. Our issue is BVDV and DR are still steering the ship. I think at this point our only hope is what little good will we could muster from being associated with USM.

JMHO

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I sure hope so, if they don't I would be afraid we would be left behind with the Sunbelt boys! Our only hope is that USM see value in working with us and also that Tulsa and UTEP go west! Maybe, just maybe UH will want to leave Rice out and it could be Tulsa, USM & us, but I doubt that happens.

It is likely a long, long shot we can create a scenario where we go BE, but if we don't try to look creatively for any angle, we have no shot!

I just can't see Skip Holtz not trying to help get us re-affiliated with the old CUSA schools. He should have some contacts and I would hope he, Steve D. and Dr. Guice see the urgency. Otherwise, we will not be happy playing UTSA, UNT, FAU, MTSU, WKy, etc......

We want to be playing and should be playing USM, UH, SMU, ECU, etc. It will be a long time before we get the stars to align like they are right now. If we sit on our hands we may never get this shot again. Our issue is BVDV and DR are still steering the ship. I think at this point our only hope is what little good will we could muster from being associated with USM.

JMHO
    USM needs us, as well. Even though they had a HORRIBLE seasone this year, they will right that ship. We are two programs with a name and some power. We have similar markets (although one could argue that our market is much larger). I am going to say this again - we need to hire a REAL researcher that is good with marketing and numbers to show our real market and dispell the myth of potential market. Do that and we can make our way up. Don't do that and we will stay where we are. It is pretty simple.

All you do is put the numbers together, then use connections. We can do both VERY easily. I don't know if we are doing anything right now and, despite most posters thinking that we aren't, not many would know what is going on behind the scenes. I just hope and pray that we are doing the above. It is our own fault, if we aren't - and we will deserve what is coming.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

USM is not in a position to pay exit or entrance fees. They've lost most of the leverage they ever had with the financial mess they face.

We are DOA as long as BVDV is the face of our program.

+ Reply to Thread