+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Johnny's Pizza getting national pub...

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Johnny's Pizza getting national pub...

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I had Johnny's and BJ's...taste the same.

I've been to both many times and I don't see any difference. I like them both.

Varsity Bulldog dawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nice dawg419's Avatar

The best from the P.O. Cafe was the strawberry pie. Unbelievable and I've never found anything quite like it since. My Mom got the recipe but it was for something like 6 pies and didn't translate well to a one pie breakdown. Boy, those are some good memories.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

The sauce is much better on BJ's and you get extra cheese than on a Johnny's Pizza. Maybe it is just the BJ's on Versailles in A-town because I have never eaten at any others. If you get their buffet, it is about the same as Johnny's though. If you order an individual pie, it is much better.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    The sauce is much better on BJ's and you get extra cheese than on a Johnny's Pizza. Maybe it is just the BJ's on Versailles in A-town because I have never eaten at any others. If you get their buffet, it is about the same as Johnny's though. If you order an individual pie, it is much better.
    You must had a guy being very generious making your BJ's pizza. We ordered 10 from the (Versailles) BJ for a wedding rehearsal dinner last sept , they looked and tasted like johnny's. Even their store has a johnny's feel.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg419 View Post
    Cushino's is a name I haven't thought of in years, but it brings back some great memories. Best muffaletta ever! It was originally across the side street from Bogard Hall. Johnny's is good now. Better than most anything else in North Louisiana.
    When Cushino's closed is when Johnny's started selling the muffalettas. Johnny's opened up in the old Cushio's. BTW, that building was just demolished in the fall.

One outlet that hasn't been mentiioned is Frankie's Fried Chicken. Absolutely the best! and they delivered to the dorms. Omahadawg's dad did well then.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the old Shakey's building still standing? It sat there empty for a long long time. It was all grown over. Always amazed me that no one took over the building, which was not in bad shape at all for a long time.

Muther's was a great bar!

I, also, remember El Polino's Mexican. That strip center is torn down now. Was the only Mexican place in town for a long time. I loved those little Pralines that they would put under the chips in every basket.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang! I am hungry after reading this thread.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm surprised Doc hasn't moved this thread yet.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Dang, Frankie's Fried Chicken, sprinkle a little of their seasoning salt onto the hot chicken, Man, makes my mouth water thinking about that.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

From an ex-Johnny's employee for 3 years, married to a 7 year employee, with probably 50 years of Johnny's blood in the family: Johnny and BJ were partners, they had a little dispute years ago, and BJ was pushed out of the business.

Sweep the Swamp has the same sauce as Sweep the Kitchen. There used to be another pizza place in Utah that had a sweep the kitchen. Johnny walked in there while on vacation, and asked where they got that name. They were on vacation in North Louisiana and had a Johnny's Pizza. Then they decided to open their own place back home.

All the stores were a little different. My favorite store (the one I worked at) was #14 on Wallace Rd. in West Monroe. Their quality has dropped a little since the manager got a promotion. Now the best is #2 on Warren Drive in West Monroe.

Johnny's holds an almost 80% market share in Monroe/West Monroe. Papa John's opened two stores in Monroe/West Monroe that quickly closed because they couldn't compete. Almost every other chain that came in has been run out. There are 9 Johnny's in the Monroe area, 3 Dominos, 3 Pizza Huts, and just a handful of other little places.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Papa John's didn't last long in Alexandria either. Not sure why, bc I think it beats pizza hut and domino's, and I've already stated I like it better than Johnny's. I agree with Hussdawg, there is different and better tasting sauce on BJ's pizza and way more cheese.
    Anyone ever had Sonny's pizza? They have one in Jonesville, LA. I had it a few times when I used to be in Harrisonburg a lot. QUITE POSSIBLY THE WORST PIZZA I'VE EVER EATEN.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    From an ex-Johnny's employee for 3 years, married to a 7 year employee, with probably 50 years of Johnny's blood in the family: Johnny and BJ were partners, they had a little dispute years ago, and BJ was pushed out of the business.

Sweep the Swamp has the same sauce as Sweep the Kitchen. There used to be another pizza place in Utah that had a sweep the kitchen. Johnny walked in there while on vacation, and asked where they got that name. They were on vacation in North Louisiana and had a Johnny's Pizza. Then they decided to open their own place back home.

All the stores were a little different. My favorite store (the one I worked at) was #14 on Wallace Rd. in West Monroe. Their quality has dropped a little since the manager got a promotion. Now the best is #2 on Warren Drive in West Monroe.

Johnny's holds an almost 80% market share in Monroe/West Monroe. Papa John's opened two stores in Monroe/West Monroe that quickly closed because they couldn't compete. Almost every other chain that came in has been run out. There are 9 Johnny's in the Monroe area, 3 Dominos, 3 Pizza Huts, and just a handful of other little places.
    They had a Johnny's down here in Baton Rouge when I was in high school. It stayed open for several years and then closed down. In fact, for you Baton Rouge people, the building that is currently Tramontes on Jefferson Highway used to be a Johnny's Pizza when it was first opened.I remember going to eat there and my dad telling me he grew up with the owner.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    You must had a guy being very generious making your BJ's pizza. We ordered 10 from the (Versailles) BJ for a wedding rehearsal dinner last sept , they looked and tasted like johnny's. Even their store has a johnny's feel.
    The BJ's in Alexandria and Pineville were originally Johnny's. As Boxer mentioned, the owner of BJ's had a falling out with Johnny and started his own franchise.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The BJ's in Alexandria and Pineville were originally Johnny's. As Boxer mentioned, the owner of BJ's had a falling out with Johnny and started his own franchise.
    Yeah and his name is not BJ ("Blackjack"), it's Larry Green.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Yeah and his name is not BJ ("Blackjack"), it's Larry Green.
    Read your PM's Don King.:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread