View Poll Results: Will you increase financial support in light of coaching change?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I plan to give to LTAC for the first time

0 0%
  • Yes, I plan to increase my giving to LTAC

7 26.92%
  • I had decreased giving and buying season tickets but plan to re engage

6 23.08%
  • None, I don't plan to increase giving

13 50.00%
  • I plan to buy season tickets for football for the first time

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you increase financial support in light of coaching change?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: Will you increase financial support in light of coaching change?

Quote Originally Posted by DD Dawg View Post
    As I understand it, Tech has one of the lowest student athletic fees in the FBS. With that said I think Tech should put a $100 athletic fee per student per quarter. Then you will generate roughly 4 million a year. I think we can attract a really good HC at 4M per year!
    And reward attendance by awarding students who go to the games with points towards their grades.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    And reward attendance by awarding students who go to the games with points towards their grades.
    There used to be rewards for students who attended games. They had cards that were stamped at every athletic event. I'm sure the rewards weren't associated with grades, but there were perks for showing up.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

When I proctored exams for my boss in the business school, all those students said they would happily attend every home game and stay til the final horn if they could be entered in a drawing to have $1000 of their tuition waived for the quarter. Have 5 different winners for FB, MBB, WBB, Baseball, and Softball. Throw in soccer if you want. Students can only win 1 time in an academic year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    When I proctored exams for my boss in the business school, all those students said they would happily attend every home game and stay til the final horn if they could be entered in a drawing to have $1000 of their tuition waived for the quarter. Have 5 different winners for FB, MBB, WBB, Baseball, and Softball. Throw in soccer if you want. Students can only win 1 time in an academic year.
    This KISS method was proven to work many years ago and involved a used car. Our leaders scrapped it And pretend it never happened.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Have more prizes, don’t limit eligibility for prizes. Just for the top prize. If someone already got the $1000, give them second prize and draw for $1000 again.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Have more prizes, don’t limit eligibility for prizes. Just for the top prize. If someone already got the $1000, give them second prize and draw for $1000 again.
    This was actually discussed also, a different giveaway for each home game. Then have all the students names thrown in a hopper (as many games as you attend is how many times your name is put in the hopper) for a grand prize at the end of the season. You could do multiple $40-$50 prizes per game. With good attendance, you cancel out any giveaways in 1st quarter concessions anyway.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Those would be the ones not giving to LTAC anyway like many on this board.
    The vast majority of this board are members of LTAC - know before you speak Ray...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We really need to do a study to see how other G5 schools approach ticket pricing, promotions and building attendance. Our approach seems to have been “stick it to the loyal fans” (and) don’t try things that might grow the fan base.

What is the general consensus of ticket prices? Do you feel we were overcharged for the product that Dooley or Dykes put on the field? I know we were overcharged for the Holtz product. I don’t see ticket prices or promos getting any cheaper. However, I do expect the value for our dollar to go up if we can restore our game day experience and product to pre Holtz standards.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

What is the general consensus of ticket prices? Do you feel we were overcharged for the product that Dooley or Dykes put on the field? I know we were overcharged for the Holtz product. I don’t see ticket prices or promos getting any cheaper. However, I do expect the value for our dollar to go up if we can restore our game day experience and product to pre Holtz standards.
    Our prices went up because Tommy boy looked around, saw who was currently paying, and charged them more. It's that simple.

We are back to the fan gathering stage and have lost literally hundreds of long time supporters who had been giving for many, many years. I'm one of them. I know many more.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I have been unhappy with Skip Holtz since he lost to Tulane and Northwestern on our sacred home turf then add SMU - all games that solidified and showcased the fact that Skip possessed almost no math skills. I was finally done with him when I learned that our punter, Gerald Shouse, would have been CUSA punter of the year his senior year had Skip Holtz not been so stupid as to fail to keep track of the stats and allow Louisiana Tech to miss out on that award because our punter was 1/2 punt short of the minimum to be considered - that was the season Skip kept toying with the rugby style punts from a different punter.

So to sum up: even though I was saddened each morning for about eight years waking up and realizing it was no nightmare, Skip Holtz really was still Tech’s HC, we continued our LTAC donation and DAC tickets and even kept 10 chairbacks - I will always support Tech and I believe in Dr Les Guice.

PS: I was hoping for Tim Rattay.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Unfortunately all I can say is that I’ll attend on a game by game basis until Tech returns to some degree of reasonable pricing. Tech was all out stupid and arrogant to price their seasons tickets and parking pass prices out of the range of the most populous fans. It looks all the worse for the future as the costs of everything loom to go higher and higher. Leisure money may be in short supply for at least 2022. Maybe AD Wood will see this approach to having a fan base as something else he needs to change.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Unfortunately all I can say is that I’ll attend on a game by game basis until Tech returns to some degree of reasonable pricing. Tech was all out stupid and arrogant to price their seasons tickets and parking pass prices out of the range of the most populous fans. It looks all the worse for the future as the costs of everything loom to go higher and higher. Leisure money may be in short supply for at least 2022. Maybe AD Wood will see this approach to having a fan base as something else he needs to change.
    No argument there, but if someone can’t figure out how to ensure that at least 75% of the student population attends games, it seems to me that would indicate a SEVERE problem. The team literally belongs to those students (imho).

The students will vote in favor of the much needed fee. Academia does not want it and will not allow the vote. Typical leftist turds…

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    No argument there, but if someone can’t figure out how to ensure that at least 75% of the student population attends games, it seems to me that would indicate a SEVERE problem. The team literally belongs to those students (imho).
    At this point, 33% of the student population at football, 5% at basketball, baseball, and softball should be celebrated. We are well short of that.

+ Reply to Thread