+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jack Abraham update

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jack Abraham update

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    This young man will come into a situation where he will have to fight to get the job. A healthy Kwadra Griggs looks to be the man next year. We have a freshman redshirting this year from Miami, Fl that players have raved about. Also, we have a recruit also from Florida committed that looks good. Abraham will be in Spring practice this year, so we will see how he looks against Griggs and Rodriguez. Based on his Tech situation, I am not sold on him yet.
    Every reason for Abraham's leaving you see posted on this board is pure speculation as far as I know, including my own opinion. USM may have found a quality QB or he may just merely be your #2 or 3 guy, I have no idea. I wish him luck and hated to see him leave, at least I think we will be hearing an evaluation of him over the next couple of years.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    J'Mar is not a D-I talent.
    He played like and outplayed an SEC starting QB at Columbia this season, so that statement is probably erroneous. His QB coach is Tim Rattay. It doesn't look like he is doing the best job week to week.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    His QB coach is Tim Rattay. It doesn't look like he is doing the best job week to week.
    Rattay's job is more difficult when his mentee is being "coached up" by COYHCSH in between series. I believe J'Mar is getting too much information.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Rattay's job is more difficult when his mentee is being "coached up" by COYHCSH in between series. I believe J'Mar is getting too much information.
    It certainly has looked that way for most of the season. It confuses me that he has had 3-4 games where he has looked comfortable, performed well, and looked prepared. I am thinking specifically of WKU, South Carolina, USA, Rice and FAU.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    J'Mar is not a D-I talent, at least he isn't at QB. Holtz botched this whole affair about as badly as it could have been botched. If he remains so hardheaded that he plays him all year again next year, Holtz will need to go.
    J'Mar has not played his best football yet. He certainly has shown he has D1 talent numerous games this season. You do realize we have had 4th quarter leads in every game this season except for MSU and FAU. QB play has not been as consistent as last three years but J'Mar has played well at times and I think we will see him become more consistent when the experience of this year and the work in the off season builds into next season.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    J'Mar has not played his best football yet. He certainly has shown he has D1 talent numerous games this season. You do realize we have had 4th quarter leads in every game this season except for MSU and FAU. QB play has not been as consistent as last three years but J'Mar has played well at times and I think we will see him become more consistent when the experience of this year and the work in the off season builds into next season.
    I wish I had the confidence you have GD, but the late season regression really gives me a bad feeling, I just do not think that we are going to see that much improvement. I patiently believed J'mar would get better as the season progressed, It was the last third of the season when I lost hope and what I felt like the reality of the situation sank in. The reality being that we have a QB that I cannot continue having confidence in. I remember watching J'mar drop a pass into a receivers hands from about forty yards and the receiver never had to adjust his path, slow down or speed up, just held his hands out like he was cradling a baby and the ball gently dropped in. The pass had a very Rattay-esq look and feel to it, I thought at that point we were turning the corner, J'mar was finding his rhythm, that was about the third game I think. I was wrong of course, it only got worse from that point on.

I would love to say things got better after that, but if J'mar had a chance to get better, I am afraid that may have been ruined by him being allowed to continue to play. I just do not like the idea of us hanging our hat on the idea that J'mar will QB for the next three years, especially if a coach becomes stubborn and refuses to let others get some playing time for a fair comparison.
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 12-06-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

/

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    It certainly has looked that way for most of the season. It confuses me that he has had 3-4 games where he has looked comfortable, performed well, and looked prepared. I am thinking specifically of WKU, South Carolina, USA, Rice and FAU.
    Interesting choice of games you picked there. J'Mar led his team to score the following points in each:

WKU - 23
    S Carolina - 16
    FAU - 23

So J'Mar looked comfortable and performed well in those 3 games that he averaged 20 points a game? Let's don't forget that the objective is to SCORE POINTS! Never mind we lost two of those 3 games, and won the 3rd game literally on the last play.

The other two games you mentioned were against 1-11 Rice, and 4-8 USA. For obvious reasons, I wouldn't read too much into those games either.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Interesting choice of games you picked there. J'Mar led his team to score the following points in each:

WKU - 23
    S Carolina - 16
    FAU - 23
    w/out looking it up, I believe defense scored and/or set up some of these points.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

obviously Coach lost his ability of coaching up his quarterback after 3 straight spectacular seasons at QB. He ruined Sokol_ Higgins- Driscil by interfereing with their development.....

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Some posters here think USM owns us.
    put me in that column --- seems we win a game every decade--

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Or...Maybe Abraham is a quitter who couldn't compete here. The guys who were at practice didn't say he was the best...if anything, Wilson was the #2. He's put up good numbers at JUCO, but we've seen our fair share of JUCO superstars who never made a contribution.

USM always kicks our butt anyway, so I don't know what the fuss is.

Higgins is the model. If y'all wanna obsess over a second rate Nick Isham, go ahead.

brutal post and I often do not agree with you BUT until I see something to change my mind-- I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    obviously Coach lost his ability of coaching up his quarterback after 3 straight spectacular seasons at QB. He ruined Sokol_ Higgins- Driscil by interfereing with their development.....
    You think he instills confidence in J'Mar? He's is going on 3 years with J'Mar. He only had one year (and a spring) with "Sokol and Driscil". What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

WKU - 23
    S Carolina - 16
    FAU - 23

So J'Mar looked comfortable and performed well in those 3 games that he averaged 20 points a game? Let's don't forget that the objective is to SCORE POINTS! Never mind we lost two of those 3 games, and won the 3rd game literally on the last play.

The other two games you mentioned were against 1-11 Rice, and 4-8 USA. For obvious reasons, I wouldn't read too much into those games either.
    I didn't say he played perfect but he played well enough for us to win those games and completed a much higher % of his throws in those games. My point was in half of our games he played pretty well. The objective is to win the game regardless of how many points are scored. He led us in 10/12 games, even the ones he did not play well in, to 4th quarter leads. I blame the defense as much as anything for most of our losses this year. Obviously our offense was not near as high powered or high scoring as last year but we led in the 4th quarter of every game except 2.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Abraham is a little bitch. He will crap his pants if he ever plays against us.

+ Reply to Thread