+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Conference USA Baseball Tournament

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: 2017 Conference USA Baseball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Nate in game 1. Losing game one is too difficult to overcome. Never save a pitcher for the unknown.
    I understand your point, but anyone else against Southern Miss is almost a certain loss. With our pitching staff it's gonna take a miracle of Biblical proportions just to make the finals no matter who we play so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I understand your point, but anyone else against Southern Miss is almost a certain loss. With our pitching staff it's gonna take a miracle of Biblical proportions just to make the finals no matter who we play so I guess it really doesn't matter.
    I'm thinking two wins not winning the tournament. Win with Nate on Wednesday and we may have him again for Saturday. I realize there are a lot of people who think it is over unless we win the tournament, but that's emotion not historical logic.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Nate in game 1. Losing game one is too difficult to overcome. Never save a pitcher for the unknown.
    I wouldn't say using a pitcher in Game 2 instead of Game 1 in a double elimination tournament is saving him for the unknown.

Our resume really could use a Top 25/50 win right now, and beating USM in Game 2 may be our only chance to get it. A Nate win vs. USM may be enough to get us an at-large bid.

If we lose Game 1, then Nate is starting the most important game of the season for us the next day in an elimination game.

As you know, I wanted to save Nate for Game 2 before this loss anyway.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I'm thinking two wins not winning the tournament. Win with Nate on Wednesday and we may have him again for Saturday. I realize there are a lot of people who think it is over unless we win the tournament, but that's emotion not historical logic.
    Definitely a lot of emotion I can't see how losing the last series of the year to Middle Finger is going to get us off the bubble. That's a very bad series loss. I feel like we have to win 3 games to have a shot now.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I wouldn't say using a pitcher in Game 2 instead of Game 1 in a double elimination tournament is saving him for the unknown.

Our resume really could use a Top 25/50 win right now, and beating USM in Game 2 may be our only chance to get it. A Nate win vs. USM may be enough to get us an at-large bid.

If we lose Game 1, then Nate is starting the most important game of the season for us the next day in an elimination game.

As you know, I wanted to save Nate for Game 2 before this loss anyway.
    You assume we would face USM in game 2. That's an unknown.

He is our best, but he is not a guarantee W.

Definitely a lot of emotion I can't see how losing the last series of the year to Middle Finger is going to get us off the bubble. That's a very bad series loss. I feel like we have to win 3 games to have a shot now.
    Even if we had won the series there was not a guarantee of getting an at large. From an RPI stand point we are going to be about where we were last year going into the tournament as the #5 seed. We are lacking a few quality wins that we had last year and the hot streak we were on after sweeping Rice. IMO losing the Middle series will not sour the committee on us unless we go 1-2 in Biloxi.'

I'm sick about the two losses, but more sick about the sloppy play of our offense than what our pitchers did. All those strikeouts...I'll be hearing "swiiiiing and a miss" in my sleep.

Even if we had won the series there was not a guarantee of getting an at large. From an RPI stand point we are going to be about where we were last year going into the tournament as the #5 seed. We are lacking a few quality wins that we had last year and the hot streak we were on after sweeping Rice. IMO losing the Middle series will not sour the committee on us unless we go 1-2 in Biloxi.'

I'm sick about the two losses, but more sick about the sloppy play of our offense than what our pitchers did. All those strikeouts...I'll be hearing "swiiiiing and a miss" in my sleep.
    I'm griping about the pitching and you're griping about the hitting. I must be in the twilight zone

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Regardless of the result of the 1st game, our Game 2 will be the most important game of the year whether it's against USM or UTSA. It'll either be a must-win game for our resume or a must-win game to stay alive in the tourney. I want Nate to have the ball in Game 2.

I'm griping about the pitching and you're griping about the hitting. I must be in the twilight zone
    And I'm still fuming about our horrible base-running!

Funny! As you know I don't get fired up over leaving runners stranded, but we had way too many strikeouts today and Thursday. Put the ball in play! We also made some base running mistakes that hurt.

I honest feel like our pitching was good enough on Friday. Our best relievers all struggled today. I think they'll be okay...they gotta be.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of the result of the 1st game, our Game 2 will be the most important game of the year whether it's against USM or UTSA. It'll either be a must-win game for our resume or a must-win game to stay alive in the tourney. I want Nate to have the ball in Game 2.
    We will see. We just lost the most important game of the year.

https://youtu.be/lDK9QqIzhwk

My next week theme song

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    We will see. We just lost the most important game of the year.
    You wanna go back in time and start Nate this afternoon?

You wanna go back in time and start Nate this afternoon?
    No I want to start him on Thursday so he would have been more rested for Wednesday.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

It doesn't matter can't win a tourney with one pitcher. It's important we get in winners side by winning game 1. Regardless who pitches we will need to score lots of runs. I would pitch Nate Wednesday to give us best chance to win game 1 then come back with Miller game 2. At this point we win we keep playing if not we go home. We still can control our destiny - so let's just hope our pitchers compete & our hitters get hot. Anything can happen in a tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    It doesn't matter can't win a tourney with one pitcher. It's important we get in winners side by winning game 1. Regardless who pitches we will need to score lots of runs. I would pitch Nate Wednesday to give us best chance to win game 1 then come back with Miller game 2. At this point we win we keep playing if not we go home. We still can control our destiny - so let's just hope our pitchers compete & our hitters get hot. Anything can happen in a tournament.
    We can't win the auto bid with one pitcher, but I think one win over USM may be enough to earn us an at-large bid.

I like our chances with Nate on the bump vs. USM a lot better than winning the whole tourney with Nate pitching vs. UNCC.

+ Reply to Thread