+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade is completed

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Upgrade is completed

I have finally finished the system upgrade. I'm already aware of a few layout issues that need to be fixed, but I thought I would go ahead and open the board back up and let y'all get back at it. I'll work on the issues throughout the day.

If you happen to see any red X's of images that didn't load, please let me know. Also, start looking around for new features and post them here when you find them. I'll start letting a few cats out of the bag once I get all the small stuff fixed.

Sorry it took so long, but I had a few issues during the upload.

Also, for the time being, the BB&B Standard layout is the only one available. I'll need to update the other styles before you can go back to using them.

Chris

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: Upgrade is completed

I noticed the multi-quote. I know some people will like that.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Yes, I'll describe that later, but be aware that it doesn't work in quick reply, only advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    I noticed the multi-quote. I know some people will like that.
    That one was a pretty easy one to catch, some of the others will require some more searching!

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    Yes, I'll describe that later, but be aware that it doesn't work in quick reply, only advanced.
    I think I've taken care of most of the issues I had, so I'll go ahead and describe the multi quote.

From vBulletin:

Multi-Quote
    The much-requested multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.

To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.

So basically, select the posts you want to quote, and click the "Post Reply" button. The text from the posts will be included in the box where you type your message. You can then delete portions of them, type your response between them all, and go.

If anyone has any questions, ask them now or forever hold you peace!

Chris

P.S. Look at this message and you'll find another new feature:icon_wink
    Last edited by TechDawgFan; 08-04-2006 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Formating

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I see there is now an arrow box next to the "original quote" that takes you to the original post.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

What is the world coming to -

Yellow Cards and Red Cards - ala soccer....

Tsk Tsk Tsk :rolleyes4
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

But on second thought this may not be bad -

all NON SOCCER fans can give SOCCER fans red cards so they can get "in touch" with their favorite game....

Now we just need something for the bike riders.....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Well i noticed if you try and give someone reputation there is a pop up instead of taking you to a different page.

DFM - where are these cards?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Huh?

Dwayne caught the new infraction system. The reason he can catch it is because he is an administrator. The rest of you will have to look below and wait to receive an infraction to understand. We don't have this configured yet, but it is available for our use, so WATCH OUT!

Infraction System
    The infraction system allows you and your moderators to flexibly reprimand problem users. Create as many types of infractions as you want to represent any type of rules violation on your board. Each infraction has a controllable weight (points) and an option to allow it to be applied only as a warning, which alerts the user to their violation but doesn’t give them any points. Additionally, the points given to a user for a violation can be automatically removed after a specified amount of time via the Scheduled Tasks system.

The points are used to remove permissions from users that reach specific thresholds. To be more flexible, the existing user group permission system is used. You can see in the screenshot that “Registered Users” who have more than 15 points will have permissions from the “Infractions – Moderate All Posts” group applied, and any user with more than 30 points will get permissions from the “Infractions – Banned” group.

When an administrator or moderator wishes to apply an infraction to a user, he or she clicks the infraction icon on a post, and is presented with a choice of infractions and an option to send a private message to the user with more information. It is not a problem if a user has disabled private messages but that is a feature for another day. If private messages are disabled globally and email is available, an email will be sent to the user instead.

A user may also be given an infraction from their profile. The profile is also where a user's infraction history can be seen. Active infractions may also be reversed by users with appropriate permissions.

Infractions are implemented as a user group permission (not a moderator permission) so you can also allow any of your users to give infractions if you desire. A hierarchical system is used such that:
    1. Administrators can not be given infractions
    2. Super Moderators can only be given infractions by Administrators
    3. Moderators can only be given infractions by Administrators and Super Moderators
    A thread can automatically be posted in a specific forum when an infraction is given, allowing discussion of the violation to take place.

In addition to receiving a PM about an infraction/warning, users are alerted to new infractions in their User control panel.

Now we just need something for the bike riders.....
    Maybe a needle and serenge?
    Red Cross symbol?
    Handcuffs?

Chris

P.S. Anybody tried to give somebody some reputation love today?

If you are seeing a red X above, it's because I'm directly linking to images on a server which is currently down. They should show up when the server is running again.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    Well i noticed if you try and give someone reputation there is a pop up instead of taking you to a different page.

DFM - where are these cards?
    You caught it before I got my post made.

Reputation is now done via the AJAX system so you won't be taken to a new page. It also gives you a little popup message after you leave reputation for someone.

Chris

P.S. - Move you mouse around on the main forum page and see if you get a little message anywhere. You will need to have some forums with unread messages to see it.

No, that's not it. Don't go www.latechbbb.com, go to www.latechbbb.com/forum - the forum homepage.

It doesn't change because of the was we have the front end formated.

P.S. - Move you mouse around on the main forum page and see if you get a little message anywhere. You will need to have some forums with unread messages to see it.
    go to www.latechbbb.com/forum - the forum homepage.
    I not getting anything but the old stuff like "go to the last unread message".

Don't move it too fast. Look for your cursor to change and hold it there.

Like I said, you will need a forum that has unread messages in it in order to see the feature.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread