+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: NEW Band Organization Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NEW Band Organization Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by lillojo318 View Post
    Has anyone donated anything yet? We are ready to get started. I have uploaded some new photos to our website and facebook page to show what we have been up to. "Like" us on facebook.
    Need some LaTech stuff to buy.

Bulldog lillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nice

We are working on more tech stuff to sell but the main issue is money. Regardless what we decide to put on them it will be in tech colors. Right now a few ideas have been tossed around "How bout them dawgs", "Real Fans wear blue", "Go Dawgs", etc.. We are willing to sell whatever you are willing to buy. Got a better awareness message let me know.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Why not just sell stuff specific to the Band of Pride?

Isn't that cause enough?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bulldog lillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Why not just sell stuff specific to the Band of Pride?

Isn't that cause enough?
    That's a good idea we may just use Band Of Pride. We want to use these because profits will greater the more we sell. After this, we do plan on bringing back the "Low Brass Fire Dept" shirt, for those who know what that is. The selling price for these are only $2.00. We just need the start up cash to get going. Bake sales and selling food is now banned on campus well at least bake sales are. That was a quick and easy fundraiser. As soon as we can get the start up money for it we can get going.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

That's a good idea we may just use Band Of Pride. We want to use these because profits will greater the more we sell. After this, we do plan on bringing back the "Low Brass Fire Dept" shirt, for those who know what that is. The selling price for these are only $2.00. We just need the start up cash to get going. Bake sales and selling food is now banned on campus well at least bake sales are. That was a quick and easy fundraiser. As soon as we can get the start up money for it we can get going.
    Why is this?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Why is this?
    Probably because of the fact that the food isn't inspected and approved.

they stopped the bake sales because it was cutting into the Aramark sweets profits.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

they stopped the bake sales because it was cutting into the Aramark sweets profits.
    Well that sucks!
    I thought it may have been because someone made some REALLY GOOD brownies, if ya know what I mean!
    :icon_wink:

You said you would net $19K at $2 a pop. Then you plan on making 10,000 bracelets, correct? THAT'S ALOT OF BRACELETS! I don't think you'll sell that many. Maybe you should look into raising the price to $3 and only get 7,000. My fear is if you don't raise the price you won't make the money you need to make even if you buy 10,000. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Well that sucks!
    I thought it may have been because someone made some REALLY GOOD brownies, if ya know what I mean!
    :icon_wink:

You said you would net $19K at $2 a pop. Then you plan on making 10,000 bracelets, correct? THAT'S ALOT OF BRACELETS! I don't think you'll sell that many. Maybe you should look into raising the price to $3 and only get 7,000. My fear is if you don't raise the price you won't make the money you need to make even if you buy 10,000. Just a suggestion.
    I'm hoping we can sell one to the entire campus $2.00 isn't a lot to ask for (or so I hope). That's what the figures were based off of. We're probably gonna start out with a small order see how it goes and/or do a pre-order. That way won't have a bunch of inventory. I'm sure we can get family and friends to buy one as well as tech band members. The potential is there we just have to make it happen. We just need that little boost to get us going.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I'm hoping we can sell one to the entire campus $2.00 isn't a lot to ask for (or so I hope). That's what the figures were based off of. We're probably gonna start out with a small order see how it goes and/or do a pre-order. That way won't have a bunch of inventory. I'm sure we can get family and friends to buy one as well as tech band members. The potential is there we just have to make it happen. We just need that little boost to get us going.
    We don't have 10K students on campus.
    Maybe a $3 or 2/$5? I just don't want you to base your projections on selling 10K.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

So you're considering selling a "Low Brass Fire Dept." shirt to 10,000 people? I understand the shirt theme because I was in band, but anyone outside of band wont get it; therefore won't be willing to spend even $2.00 on something that they don't/can't relate to.

If you want to sell something to thousands of people, it will need to be something they can relate to and/or understand. Something generically Louisiana Tech.

Just a thought.

P.S.-- Kudos for taking the initiative to raise some much needed funds for a worthy and necessary cause.

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itdrummer View Post
    so you're considering selling a "low brass fire dept." shirt to 10,000 people? I understand the shirt theme because i was in band, but anyone outside of band wont get it; therefore won't be willing to spend even $2.00 on something that they don't/can't relate to.

If you want to sell something to thousands of people, it will need to be something they can relate to and/or understand. Something generically louisiana tech.

Just a thought.

P.s.-- kudos for taking the initiative to raise some much needed funds for a worthy and necessary cause.
    agreed!!!

Oh wait, no, I wasn't gonna sell the Low Brass ones to everyone. I was gonna sell that to just band members.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    We don't have 10K students on campus.
    Maybe a $3 or 2/$5? I just don't want you to base your projections on selling 10K.
    Oh ok but yea we thought about that as well selling for that price. We have a meeting wednesday so we will finalize all that then and get back with you.

At our meeting, we decided on "How Bout them Dawgs". If you are interested in purchasing two or six, eight (see what I did there) let me know. I will also post the order form on our website Friday or over the weekend. www.tubalpha.org. I will also post a photo of the proof when I get it. The price will more than likely be 3.00 or 2 for 5.00.

+ Reply to Thread