+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: It's Now The Time to Move Forward

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: It's Now The Time to Move Forward

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    That would leave us with only 2 plays 1 dive and 1 pass to the flat..
    Skippy's problem is that those plays are all he uses. The unused part of the playbook could be successful if he would actually use it.

A coach has to evolve to continue to be successful. Skippy doesn't know how to evolve.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Skippy's problem is that those plays are all he uses. The unused part of the playbook could be successful if he would actually use it.

A coach has to evolve to continue to be successful. Skippy doesn't know how to evolve.
    This is a very interesting subject that to my knowledge hasn’t been delved into. At the college level why does Tech/Holtz run such a simplified offense and pretty much regardless of the game situation he won’t get off it. There’s something very strange about this. I’d even go so far as to say that the poorer the opponents, the simpler the scheme. Why is that?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

He is a shit coach? May be a nice man, but it seems everywhere he has been the offense has/eventually has turned simple and weak.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

There’s a reason for that, his offensive lines are TERRIBLE!! As the recruits that he inherited graduated, we got worse and worse by the year. Even if you drew up the absolute perfect offensive scheme, it wouldn’t work without a competent Oline, and that’s something Holtz can’t develop, nor will he hire someone who can either.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    We supposedly have a full time recruiter in the DFW area (HD you know this). There is a ton of talent in this area alone. What do we have to show for it? Do we get maybe 1 recruit from DFW a year?
    FD, I've tried a couple of times to get the Ruston Mafia (Holtz and company) interested in some of the athletes in our area, and they just aren't interested. Nothing. Nada. I had a punter who is a family friend --the same kid that was Austin Kendall's roommate at OU-- who wanted to punt for LA Tech, but nobody on Holtz's staff was interested. Meanwhile our punting game sucked for years. Never mind that the kid ended up being good enough to punt for OU, but not LA Tech. How laughable is that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    The ‘risk’ is in the past. It’s a done deal. We’ve already lost fans, money, conference, respect, credibility, pride... what’s left?
    Wow! You said it all right there. So true.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    it is almost like Holtz has an instruction manual for the destruction of a program, and he follows it to the letter everywhere he goes. I find that so strange that other programs were able to tell us exactly how things were going to go and they were right on the money. Everyone ignored it though and watched play out like and old re-run and some how expected the ending to come out different than it did at other programs.

The one thing that sticks in my mind, is how a fan from one of Holtz last stops called the QB situation. IIRC, he said Holtz will pick a QB and stick with him no matter what(rock star) and will not aid in his development in any way. He laid it out like this, Holtz is stubborn and hard headed and will continue to do things his same old way no matter the results and will do the same at the next stop.
    If there is a next stop for him, schedule that team ASAP.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    If there is a next stop for him, schedule that team ASAP.
    No, some time after year 4.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    No, some time after year 4.
    Based on future schedules, we'd be lucky 1) to get on by year 5--and he might already be gone by then, 2) to not have Skippy veto it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it but it’s time. I understand he is missing his 1st and 2nd string QB’s and a top DL and safety member but……..I’ve lost total faith in one of our best, ranked per Tech records, coaches. He runs a great clean program and put us back in the bowl business with so many bowl games. But something isn’t right at all! Good grief, SMess didn’t even start a real QB!!! And choosing to kick the FG in the 4th was the final straw for me. He appears to have lost any his “out of the box” coaching he exhibited, desire and enthusiasm. Coach, I love you and what you’ve done for our Dawgs and university but it’s time. Let Skip work in some other capacity for a year using his large amount of connections in college and pro football.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He should resign. His boss should demand he resign. His boss is not our AD.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He should resign. His boss should demand he resign. His boss is not our AD.
    Yes! He should resign Monday and let TECH actually try to win the last game and start searching for a replacement. The team that played Friday will lose to Rice as well. There will be no need for any new building projects for the 1,000 fans/parents/spirit team members that are there to watch next year. The stadium will be a ghost town on game day!

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    The ‘risk’ is in the past. It’s a done deal. We’ve already lost fans, money, conference, respect, credibility, pride... what’s left?
    I'd argue that there is still plenty of current and future "risk".

Getting rid of Skippy now increases the chance that attendance and small booster giving could largely recover in the next couple of years. Every game Skippy coaches increases the risk that attendance may take longer than 2 years to recover if ever. Much easier to engage a fanbase when there is an on-field product they are willing to invest time and money to come watch. Skippy has lost the fanbase past the point of repair.

It becomes harder to impossible to solicit from a grass-roots donor base that has been alienated like ours has been especially since the middle of the boy wonder's time as AD. Skippy is just the current low-hanging fruit on that tree of alienation. The longer this low-hanging fruit rots on the tree, the greater the risk of that rot spreading.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 11-21-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Watching the ULM-LSU game last night and seeing Rich Rod’s intensity and fire all the way to the last play (while losing by 3 scores) is something I’d like to see on our sideline.

Holtz nonchalantly scolding his players after a bad play call or whining at the officials lacks leadership. The body language is awful, I can’t imagine playing for a coach like that.

Dr. Woods, it’s time to Skip this coach out of town!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Yes! He should resign Monday and let TECH actually try to win the last game and start searching for a replacement. The team that played Friday will lose to Rice as well. There will be no need for any new building projects for the 1,000 fans/parents/spirit team members that are there to watch next year. The stadium will be a ghost town on game day!
    The Attendance? Yes I worry about that, but you know what I worry about more, the transfer portal. If we do not make a statement and get rid of HCSH before the next game, I believe some if not most of the players will lose faith in the Universities commitment to winning and flourishing. The transfer portal in not one way of course, but I fear the volume of our key Players and future will practically clog the out going portal like an undersized drain pipe. Do you think Players like Tyler Grubbs will not have his pick of programs he can got to? We have some talent I do not want to lose, why do you think some programs around the country have already fired coaches weeks ago? They want players to know they are committed to getting them the tools needed to win, Keeping HCSH around does not deliver that message to our players. He needs to go now!

Don't get me wrong, even though I have advocated getting HCSH out of here for years, I really believe he is a good man with good intentions. Head coaching positions at this salary level are much more demanding though, You need to put a good product on the field. As we all know HC job positions pretty well all have an expiration date on them, the sell by date has long passed, it is time.

+ Reply to Thread