+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Ya Got?

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Re: Who Ya Got?

Call me different but I'll take Fobbs. He has turned around one dumpster GSU and I believe he can do it again.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Lashlee headed to SMU. But their Asst. HC Samples might be a good up and comer to consider.

Bet Dykes tries to take him west with him.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Who fits the bill that has good Louisiana and Texas recruiting connections/pipeline? That is where I start, not sure which names fall in the pot though, although there has been some recent movement with coaches with those assets.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

John Gruden...the rehab tour.

Have him e-mail our people. On second thought, e-mail may not be the best option.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Lashlee headed to SMU. But their Asst. HC Samples might be a good up and comer to consider.

Bet Dykes tries to take him west with him.
    Samples was probably hired to influence a recruit to SMU, not likely a good hire for La Tech.

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game

Gary Patterson

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by dawg88 View Post
    Gary Patterson
    Always recruited Northeast Louisiana well. Would obviously have inroads in to the DFW market.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    With as little confidence as I Have in the administration at this point, I would bet they have most of their ducks in a row. I would bet that COA and Stipend are in the conversation and that our hire will be name-worthy. That is expecting a lot I know, but the hiring pool is going to be exceptionally big this year it looks like, plus coaches with current gigs who they may be looking at. TECH will be ELITE with the hire, I think they want to make a big splash!

Yeah, I know, that doesn't even sound right, but remember, this administration hardly ever tells us anything. I don't think there is anything in between, they are either totally prepared or they are just shooting from the hip. I can't ever remember them shooting from the hip.

Do you know of any children of famous NCAA coaches who are in the coaching portal this year? Hopefully we have learned our lesson with that pre-requisite.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Do you know of any children of famous NCAA coaches who are in the coaching portal this year? Hopefully we have learned our lesson with that pre-requisite.
    That is always in the backs of everyone's mind though isn't it?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’m not going to try to predict what HC Tech gets or who I want that person to be. The one thing I wish would happen is that Rattay would be brought back to recruit us a capable young QB and then coach him up into becoming a CUSA champion. Then after that another one and another one... That’s enough to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’m not going to try to predict what HC Tech gets or who I want that person to be. The one thing I wish would happen is that Rattay would be brought back to recruit us a capable young QB and then coach him up into becoming a CUSA champion. Then after that another one and another one... That’s enough to start.
    I think someone like Tim would be attractive to QB recruits, the chance to learn under one of the best. Tim was a great QB, play caller, and game manager. If he can pass those skills on, great HS QB's who know they still have a lot to learn would love it here.

Tim has yet to even be a coordinator yet, I think he needs that first before being a HC. Being a coordinator first is a key step to being a HC, Just ask LSU.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think bringing in Rattay as OC and allowing us to see what he is capable of on the college level while his boss isn’t interrupting every opportunity for him to coach would be great. Then evaluate if we want him to be head coach in waiting.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think bringing in Rattay as OC and allowing us to see what he is capable of on the college level while his boss isn’t interrupting every opportunity for him to coach would be great. Then evaluate if we want him to be head coach in waiting.
    My thoughts exactly except add in that he’s exclusively responsible for QB recruiting and development. Unfortunately a new head coach is going to have to have the freedom to put together his own staff in order that he be singlehandedly responsible for them, so for this reason, Rattay is probably a real long shot ever coming back. We had our chance once and Holtz sabotaged it.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So bring in Rattay as OC without any experience as an OC? His results as a QB coach at La Tech and Washington are not overly impressive, maybe the HC’s are responsible for the poor results.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Just this time, how about a guy who hasn’t just been fired.

+ Reply to Thread